Is it just me

For the Neversummer 4 Old Reflections Server (Closed)
uFiS
Noob

Is it just me

Post by uFiS »

... or is very few people playing Reflection these days?
Never fear moving forward slowly, fear only standing still.

Braticus
Dungeon Master

Post by Braticus »

Numbers may fade a bit as people get NWN2 out for a test ride. Also have to consider a lot of folks are busy doing thier Holiday season preparations and such.
Braticus

Rummybum
Newbie Helper

Reflections

Post by Rummybum »

Got up to about 19 last night but it has been really disappointing with getting parties together, seems a bunch of loaners on Reflection which really doesn't work very well.
Vastly confused

Crymsyn
Pk Bait

Post by Crymsyn »

Aye it can sometimes be hard to find a party to join when you're newer to the server.

My advice is to look at the player list before you login, and see who is around your level.. go in game, and drop them a tell. 99% of the time, they will respond immediately; the other 1% they missed it cause of shop, so wait a few and send again :)
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant;
"If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I.. will.. kill you."
Such is the rule, of honor.

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

I dont want to say it but I told you so. We were fine with 1 server:)
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

Myrdyr
Newbie Helper

Post by Myrdyr »

The server being down a long time for repairs is what did it. Everyone played on Prime while it was down and not everyone has moved back.

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

hehehe, DDog speaks the truth :)
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

Naw, the numbers were pretty good on Reflections before the downtime. Peeps started characters on Prime during the downtime to get their fix and they're still playing them.
Unfortunately the numbers being small means no parties, so people are reluctant to go back because the xp is slower, but it'll happen eventually.

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

I was able to get a good party heading up the mountain last night.

Having characters across a widish level span helps.

Wolfarus
Newbie Helper

Post by Wolfarus »

Nwn2
Downtime
Holidays

As stated, these are prob the culprit to reflections being relatively empty lately. Give it to after the new year, and i bet it will start to climb back up.

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

What kind of numbers are at peak. The server here seems to waver between 5-10 in the am and near full at night.

Maybe we need an event to spruce up reflections? Some giveaways?
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

shield
Developer

Post by shield »

Maybe people are playing nwn2? How are the numbers on prime?
Kord - The Brawler

TheBestDeception
Developer

Post by TheBestDeception »

shield wrote:Maybe people are playing nwn2? How are the numbers on prime?

DeputyDog wrote:The server here seems to waver between 5-10 in the am and near full at night.

I know of at least several players on NS4 who started to play NWN2, but came back for various reasons (of disappointment).
But, it's such a draining job that, until you've DMed on an NWN server yourself, you the playerbase, have got to cut the DMs some slack. - Flailer

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

DeputyDog wrote:What kind of numbers are at peak. The server here seems to waver between 5-10 in the am and near full at night.

Maybe we need an event to spruce up reflections? Some giveaways?

I have seen numbers at or near 30 both before and after the crash. The heavy period seems to like DD said nights from 11PM-4AM EST with a steady amount on daytimes on the weekends.

As far as events go, I believe it was DM Fire, who had a treasure hunt which was really cool, unfortunately it was cut short due to his RL obligations like sleep and work.

I was thinking of a combo between Chase's scavenger hunt and Fire's treasure hunt. Where you would have to get X number of items before you got clue #1, X# for Clue #2 rinse,wash,repeat. This could be scaled all the way up to planar areas. To make it fairer to the new people have 3-4 different clue threads so one person or group would not be able to claim all of the goodies.
Lastly, I would have prizes defended by the appropriate boss level of monster for the area the prize is in(with minions).

Rummybum
Newbie Helper

A couple ovservations

Post by Rummybum »

I understand the idea that we didn't need 2 serrvers but I have seen times when the sum on the two is about 70 people and most of the time I play it is at or above the 46 max of the prime server. I wouldn't have blamed you a bit for not giving us 2 but despite the problems I am thrilled that there are 2 NS4 servers. It deserves more players.

I do notice that reflections numbers tend to be high at very late hours where I live. perhaps it is a west coast and pacific dominated server.

Numbers on reflection seem to be running about 10 people less than before the big crash but prime hasn't picked up all that much, maybe the time off allowed life to intrude.

As for events I have been VERY involved in the Primus events! I really like them. Thanks Silvanus and whoever is helping with them.
Vastly confused

Return to “Neversummer 4 Reflections (Closed)”