PaleMaster

For the Neversummer 4 Old Reflections Server (Closed)
uFiS
Noob

PaleMaster

Post by uFiS »

Is 30 lvls of PM worth it (with focusing on Necromancy)?

Will the toon be competitive in PvP?
Never fear moving forward slowly, fear only standing still.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

You're summon will be competitive in PvP... If you call that PvP :P

I don't know if 2levels PM is being treated as the equivalent of 1 casterlevel atm. I don't think it is. So, you're probably out of luck.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

JesterOI wrote:You're summon will be competitive in PvP... If you call that PvP :P

I don't know if 2levels PM is being treated as the equivalent of 1 casterlevel atm. I don't think it is. So, you're probably out of luck.

pretty sure it doesn't. a friend is rolling a high level pm, and at character level 30 his extended haste lasts like 8 rounds (4 levels of wiz).

i wonder if certain key spells could be custom coded to respect pm levels, at least for duration/damage.

to answer the original poster: not sure about the summon yet (when my friend hits 30pm i will let you know) however his actual toon itself already does great as a tank, essentially unhittable in pvp (and immune to crits).

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

I wouldnt hold your breath on anything as far as PM's are concerned since they are perceived to be unbalanced by a more than a couple of people as it stands now. Not too mention that there are a zillion things that would be ahead of it anyways.

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

aye.....good luck asking for 'upgrades' or 'enhancements' to pm's or else your thread will turn into one full of people reminding you that PM's have wayyy too many benifits as is.. so leave it at that :wink:
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Its probably actually supposed to be that way. I've noticed PMs have low wizard levels, but they can cast high level wizard spells. PMs are very poweful, immune to crits. Thats huge. They, however, have a weakness. Weak spells.

uFiS
Noob

Post by uFiS »

disastro wrote:to answer the original poster: not sure about the summon yet (when my friend hits 30pm i will let you know) however his actual toon itself already does great as a tank, essentially unhittable in pvp (and immune to crits).

My toon is just about to hit lvl 20, and is already working very nicely as a tank.
Playing solo is just a cow. I usually engage a mob, then start reading something online, switching back about once every two minutes just to check if I might have to take a healing potion.
So while I tank well, it takes me ages to kill anything. This is even with my summons (10 PM levels).

PvP I can survive (with regular pots) vs toons that is a fair amount of levels higher, but my summon gets taken out very quickly.

This is why I asked if it will be competitive in later levels.

But I love my toon. Even if it takes me ages to gain xp (as I mostly play solo).
Never fear moving forward slowly, fear only standing still.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

yes, a fully focused lvl 30 PM summon is worth it later. it would be cool if it came out earlier and you could build on it, but meh...its still the best there is.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

The only ppl complaining about PM's being unbalanced are the ones with builds that suck vs PM's.

PM's are soooo easy to deal with, especially the ones with no fighter levels.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

Amoenotep wrote:yes, a fully focused lvl 30 PM summon is worth it later. it would be cool if it came out earlier and you could build on it, but meh...its still the best there is.

yeah it's too bad you get the great summon after the game is basically over for that toon.

one interesting thing they did at city of heroes is a badge system. basically little trinkets you had to explore to get, or kill a certain number of critters, etc. certain combinations would unlock a special power (that universally sucked but was worthwhile for the bragging rights). could be a direction for post epic play.

jake23482
Noob

Re: PaleMaster

Post by jake23482 »

Or Add, ledgendary levels. Up to 100.
Punishment to those that oppose me, and swift straight death to those who eat my cookies.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Or, 1000.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

Gornickthy
Spamalot

Post by Gornickthy »

JesterOI wrote:Or, 1000.
But only for PM's. :twisted:
Power is not given. It is taken.
Tal, Soul Reaper of [IO]
Gol-Gorath [IO]
Shilo [IO]
Cthulhus Acolyte [IO]
Ya ya ya I know... stop whining, complaining, and learn to build better.

Dalan
Dungeon Master

Post by Dalan »

uFiS wrote:Is 30 lvls of PM worth it (with focusing on Necromancy)?

Will the toon be competitive in PvP?
On prime, there is a toon with 30 PM levels and that toon is very competitive pvp.
Dumathoin: Keeper of Secrets under the Mountain

jake23482
Noob

Post by jake23482 »

Ewww, I'm not much for evil PC, but when your prestige class dominates your base class, you are really losing out on a lot of good spells, like "HELL BALL!!!!" or My personal fav. "DRAGON KNIGHT!!!!" Greater Ruin is also a pretty good spell, but to each his/her own. Dead things walking is McNasty. :D
Punishment to those that oppose me, and swift straight death to those who eat my cookies.

Return to “Neversummer 4 Reflections (Closed)”