What's the status of the Reflections Server?

For the Neversummer 4 Old Reflections Server (Closed)
Songohan23
Noob

What's the status of the Reflections Server?

Post by Songohan23 »

Hello,

I got two questions. How long will it take you guys to update the server and when it does do I get to start over fresh or can I keep all of my toons. Thank you :?: :cry: :D :?

cely
PKer

Re: What's the status of the Reflections Server?

Post by cely »

At this time there are no plans to bring back the Reflections Server. If it does come back, it will be wiped just like NS4 Prime was.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

MadUkranian
Noob

Post by MadUkranian »

Is Reflections available for purchase?
Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.
~Yoda

Songohan23
Noob

Post by Songohan23 »

Dang it!!!! I worked on my toons all this time for nothing? Major bummer :( Oh well... I guess I have to deal with it. But why? Is the second server not worth it? I'll move on i guess...

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

MadUkranian wrote:Is Reflections available for purchase?
No, but you're welcome to donate to the Neversummer Project. Donation details can be found here:

http://www.nsrealm.com/site/donations.php
Songohan23 wrote:Dang it!!!! I worked on my toons all this time for nothing? Major bummer :( Oh well... I guess I have to deal with it. But why? Is the second server not worth it? I'll move on i guess...
A lot of community members have been through multiple wipes. I myself have been through 3 of them as a player. Wipes are inevitable on any NWN PW that is under constant development. The NWN 1.69 Patch and the new content that the staff worked on necessitated the wipe. Also, you probably would've had to rework your characters anyway due to all of the changes that were put in place.

The Neversummer 4 Staff decided that two servers were no longer necessary due to the decreasing number of players on both servers. They felt it would better serve the competitive nature of the server to consolidate the player bases into one. There was also some administrative overhead associated with maintaining two separate servers. The time savings are now being invested directly into making Neversummer 4 an even more dynamic and challenging PW.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Songohan23
Noob

Post by Songohan23 »

ah ha now I understand. Thank you for explaining this to me. I'll start over from beginning knowing that I can probably do better job at creating my toons. :D :)

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

also with the massive hardware upgrades we were able to raise the caps on the server to allow the player base from both servers to live on one...rather comfortably.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Rummybum
Newbie Helper

Post by Rummybum »

I have been through multiple wipes, I still hate it. Wipe is so permanent I would suggest archive in the future...

Don't suppose I'll get that one.

I miss reflections. I would like it back. It was a great place to go if prime was having a jerk fest in shout or if, as now, prime was down for a long time.
Vastly confused

Rummybum
Newbie Helper

Post by Rummybum »

Prime is MIGHTY laggy I dont know if it is because there are 50 + on there or if there are just some bugs.
Vastly confused

priestofbast
Looking for group

Post by priestofbast »

lag doesn't always seem to be server based. i will see lots of lag complaints in shout, but not experience any. . . or vice versa.

i use the shortcut method to bypass gamespy ...it takes me directly to the IP.

I suggest it for those who have lag issues a lot.

That said, there is a post by Joran i blv somewhere on these forums about the various things that contribute to lag. I won't go into them; if u care, u can look it up.

Good luck.

catfoot

Return to “Neversummer 4 Reflections (Closed)”