Gold Dwarf

For the Neversummer 4 Old Reflections Server (Closed)
Chrystoph
Noob

Gold Dwarf

Post by Chrystoph »

I just made a Gold Dwarf to join the Northern Coalition. The toon got the Dex penalty, but did not get the Con bonus.

It was otherwise a normal creation. Not knowing your scripting and all, I would guess there might be a "grammar" error on the bonus.

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: Gold Dwarf

Post by Binkyuk »

Regular dwarves also get +2 Con, so it won't have changed from what you chose at character creation.
Gold Dwarves get +2 Con, -2 Dex and Regular Dwarves get +2 Con, -2 Cha. So to turn a Regular Dwarf into a Gold Dwarf we do -2 Dex, +2 Cha.
<Lokey> Emergency! Ribeye @ $5 per lb!
* Binkyuk casts Summon Barbecue III
* Fangorn Fangorn wields his Henckels steak knife
* cely cely wields his wand of redundancy +2 +2
* Fangorn throws his knife at cely
<Flailer> You dudes are weird

Chrystoph
Noob

Post by Chrystoph »

I don't believe I understand you correctly.

The client makes automatic adjustments to the stats. This includes a +2 Con and -2 Cha for Dwarves. I did not get the Cha back when I went through the subrace selection.

I did take a -2 Dex penalty, though.

The end result is, -2 Dex, -2 Cha, +2 Con. I don't know if that was your intent, but that is the defacto result.

I am not trying to be snippy about it, though, just making sure we are both on the same page. Correct me if I am working from incorrect premise.

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

Hopefully this will clear things up. This is the description of the default Dwarf during character creation:

These are the default attributes for a typical Dwarf Fighter. I chose the same attributes for my Shield Dwarf and my Gold Dwarf:

This is the description of a Shield Dwarf, keep in mind that it is the SAME EXACT THING as the default Dwarf in NWN, therefore the +2 CON -2 CHA was already applied during character creation:

This is how the Shield Dwarf attributes show up in game, note that there is no change between this and what you saw during character creation:

This is the description of a Gold Dwarf, note that you get an identical +2 CON, but instead of -2 CHA you get -2 DEX:

This is how the Gold Dwarf attributes show up in game. Note that my CHA is now 9 instead of 7 as it was during character creation and my DEX is now 11 instead of 13 as it was during character creation.

cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Return to “Neversummer 4 Reflections (Closed)”