Cannot login, g.o.g CD key issue

For the original NS4 server
Taboo Magic
Noob

Cannot login, g.o.g CD key issue

Post by Taboo Magic »

So i installed the GoG.com install of neverwinter and went to go play neversummer 4 and its telling me that my CD key is already in use on the server. Is there any reasonable/ safe suggestions as to how i can get this fixed?

Bargeld
PKer

Re: Cannot login, g.o.g CD key issue

Post by Bargeld »

Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Garn
Noob

Post by Garn »

in case you, OP, just gather from that link the link to GoG because of the part of the web address that directs you to the last post, the relevant information is:
Bargeld wrote:The files/version/cd/installer don't matter. You can get that from any source (as long as it hasn't been hacked for a no-cd key).

The only thing that matters is the CD Key being legit and not the same as an existing player's CD Key (the default GoG version is delivered with a default CD Key that is the same for everyone, so you have to request a new multiplayer key from them.)
also, do be aware that this server has many alignment/race/class restrictions on top of what exists in regular NWN1, most of them based on your faction; all of this and more is viewable on the server-specific wiki
also, you can't change your alignment, except by becoming a pale master, which makes you evil

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Technically, the second quote you provided is incorrect. You do not need to 'request a new cd key' from GOG. You can now login to your gog account, go to NWN, and there is an area where they provide you with 'multiplayer cd keys'.

That's why I linked to the other thread, if it is read in its entirety, that set of instructions becomes clear.
Bargeld wrote:To play Neverwinter Nights online, you will require a unique CD key. You can find it in your Account on the website: https://www.gog.com/account (not yet in Galaxy), under MORE -> SERIAL KEYS.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Garn
Noob

Post by Garn »

Bargeld wrote:Technically, the second quote you provided is incorrect. You do not need to 'request a new cd key' from GOG. You can now login to your gog account, go to NWN, and there is an area where they provide you with 'multiplayer cd keys'.

That's why I linked to the other thread, if it is read in its entirety, that set of instructions becomes clear.
Bargeld wrote:To play Neverwinter Nights online, you will require a unique CD key. You can find it in your Account on the website: https://www.gog.com/account (not yet in Galaxy), under MORE -> SERIAL KEYS.
maybe i should've read the whole thread then
also, i dont have a gog account, but i did know there was something about a default gog cd key

Taboo Magic
Noob

Post by Taboo Magic »

alright that did it, thanks for the help everyone

Return to “Neversummer 4”