New Player

For the original NS4 server
Emeraq
Noob

New Player

Post by Emeraq »

Hello all, I just recently started playing Neversummer 4, and I enjoy what I've seen of the server so far. I recently purchased NwN EE and then after that purchased the NwN Diamond to see the difference in graphics and servers. I do enjoy what I see of your server but am curious if there are plans to bring it over to NwN EE, the graphics are night and day. EE is so much crisper and cleaner whereas NwN is dull/gray/hazy it seems.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: New Player

Post by mining »

Currently there are no plans.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Teigrgwyn
Noob

Re: New Player

Post by Teigrgwyn »

Emeraq wrote:Hello all, I just recently started playing Neversummer 4, and I enjoy what I've seen of the server so far. I recently purchased NwN EE and then after that purchased the NwN Diamond to see the difference in graphics and servers. I do enjoy what I see of your server but am curious if there are plans to bring it over to NwN EE, the graphics are night and day. EE is so much crisper and cleaner whereas NwN is dull/gray/hazy it seems.
There are overrides that upgrade textures and effects, keeping to the original vibe, just adding more vegetation to forests, making the textures crisper and more detailed. They can all be downloaded online and add quite a lot to the game graphically. From the videos and pictures floating around on EE, it doesn't look like they offer anything over these kinds of overrides besides bloom, which doesn't belong in most games anyway.

That's just the environment, as for models and such, it feels to me the same what that the 'high res font' in-game looks like; a simple change that breaks the authenticity and style of the game. I for one like the blockiness on certain models.

Return to “Neversummer 4”