New player questions?

For the original NS4 server
darryl305
Noob

New player questions?

Post by darryl305 »

Hello, well I am sure there arent many "new" players to NwN.. I have not played for at least 7 years or so. But when i did, i mainly played the campaign. I did get into some online servers, and I actually became interested in some of the 2da hack servers.

Well anyhow, RL came around, and other games, etc..and NwN was forgotten for a time. I remmber hearing about NwN 2, but i never got my hands on it until about a year or so ago.
WEll, i played it, it has better graphics and all, but it did not have that "magic" feel like i had from NwN 1. However, i found some online RP servers, and they were kinda cool. But the problem was a much lower player base.

To this day NwN 1 has far more online players than NwN 2...so i decided to give NwN1 a shot again. WEll here are my questions anyhow..

I am basically looking to play on a action/story/rp server. I know I am asking alot, but basically, I want to play somewhere, that has some sort of story line, and questlines that you can follow with, and enjoy. I also enjoy some light RP from time to time, but I am not looking for a server that is harsh on the "meta gaming"

I also would like an active server, that has at least 10-20 people on at most times, and perhaps more at peak times. I am looking to meet players, that can help out a newb, and have some patience as well.

I have looked through these forums a bit, but havent really found much answers to my concerns..

Ok, I have started out, and I like the beginning story area, and the dialogue, etc. Is there much of that in the server? or is it just for starting area?

Also, what type of builds are good/bad etc? I am thinking to be a druid, but will i have hard time for PvP? PvE? BEsides druid, I have others i would like, but thats my concern, I dont want to make a build that will be useless.

What exactly can i expect from this server in general? A fun and interesting storyline? Or just a few errand quests, then grind away to cap, and then PvP? WOrld boss monsters? etc?

Also i noticed on forums, a neversummer 3, and some east, north etc? How many different versions are there? And what are the differences? What are the populations like?

WEll, basically like i said, I am looking for a server, that i can start out with nothing, and grow and come to love my character, and meet up with new people, look forward to playing when i get home from work, and seeing friends that are fairly active, and quest/ hack n slash, and even some RP maybe.

If this is not the server for me, that's fine, thats why I am asking here..

Basically what i DONT want, is a server, where 90% of the builds will be similar, and people just hurry to level cap, and pVp. I have seen other servers where thats pretty much it. Not too much diversity, just what character can hit the hardest. Which there is nothing wrong with, its just not what I am looking for. I am looking to adventure with others, explore, and have fun . thanks for your time.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: New player questions?

Post by mining »

Main pros of the server:
Do what you want, provided you're not being a dick.

Main cons of the server:
Do what you want, provided you're not being a dick.

We offer fairly decent pvp (population is perhaps a touch low for amazing pvp) and excellent pvm, with very little (read: not unless you want to) enforced roleplay - however, there is certainly a roleplay element, and a fair number of players will engage in back and forth roleplay.

In terms of the faction jobs - they're basically a mechanism to introduce you to your faction area and some other areas near your home town, attract complaints from older players, and give you a decent start of it.

Druid is generally considered to be slightly on the weak side; however its a build that you'll level with early on at decent speed. It'll also never be useless, as a 30 druid can become a crafter. Inevitably, your first few characters will be bad at lategame PVP and PVM - you'll likely want to make new ones.

We have several thriving guilds, some less thriving guilds, and one or two practically dead guilds. These tend to organise big PVM runs (think 10-20 people) and have guild websites where you can share tips, tricks and builds.

Overall, perhaps the best that I can say is that NS4 isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it ticks a lot of the boxes. If you choose to play here, it might be frustrating at times, joyful at others - but it'll practically always be what you make it. We have players who only like to PVP, and we have players who only like to PVM, and we have shades in between. So come in, give it a try. If you don't like it - don't force it. If you do, welcome.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

Welcome from the Fury Guild! :D

We are a neutral guild from the Circle...

We do not follow the "red = dead" rule, but instead we judge a skunk by his stink... not by his stripe :lol: :lol:

Please feel free to contact any Fury in game if you'd like/need some help :D

again... welcome!!!

at your service,
Delisha :twisted:
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

*with a croooked grin, Twig opens arms wide* DARRYL ! you old fox where ya been?

Sorry but afrer you were gone for a 6th year, Twig ate your cupcakes. The were a little bit dry but dunk them in a bowl of mead and ShhhaaaZAM a new breakfast cereal was created.
Must be of twentyone or more seasons to purchace, do not drink more than two bowl per day or your spend the night in the privy. *crinkels up nose in simulated stink as Twig waves a leafy hand behind him as if to wave off the oderous assualt.*

//
As to first builds a druid is a fine choice for the reason Mining Monk listed. If your able to play a caster like druid then cleric is also a viable first/second build. Easy to level, the clerical buffs help fill in the huge holes in gear that a new player has. Everyone loves a clric in the party, and once you get into the 30's, your will have learned enough to start coming up with a build thats viable in our NS4 world.

Im sure your saying, what do I do with a mid 30's cleric that has a few flaws for endgame play? Easy, that cleric becomes your pharmacy. There is no place in Aetheria (NS4 world) to buy scrolls. Even raisedead scrolls which any toon over level 9 can use. You will need a supply of raisedead scrolls, be it your own or from other players. the cleic can also crast cure potions far cheeper than to purchace them, not to mention all the other cleric spells that can be potioned or scrolled.

So tune in, and turn on your funny bone of adventure, its gonna be a long ad bumpy road.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Return to “Neversummer 4”