More deities/Domains...

For the original NS4 server
janusthorz
Noob

More deities/Domains...

Post by janusthorz »

I was wondering... since all toons are from other homeworlds, can't we have more deities available to choose? Even if from the same Pantheon?
..Or... can I take deities that are not on the server list but are available on D&D Pantheons, if such deities could have the right background to?
For example, I'd love to see Asgorath (also known as Io; a dragon deity) available in the Ancient Ones, since it would enable Magic and Travel Domains to a cleric in said faction.
"Better to provoke a reaction
than react to provocation"

Arkane Golem - Construct under service of the Mystral Ascendancy.
Lord Belphoran - the Lich is back into the Mystral Ascendancy.
Dybbuk Failed exorcise accepted at the Circle.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: More deities/Domains...

Post by mining »

You can choose any deity you please, I know a good fellow who worships Christopher Walken.

As far as domains - that's for balancing reasons with some RP arguements thrown in. Let it be said that the DnD domain system is cruddy because you can be a cleric of an ideal and choose your own domains or some such thing blah.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

janusthorz
Noob

Post by janusthorz »

lol, I'd worship Christopher Walken as well... and also Nicolas Kage and Eddie Murphy (tho his last 5 years are full of crappy movies).

So, unless the domains are not in accordance to the Faction, I can take any? Oh, and thanks for the so-quick answer, I really didn't expect that to be seen so fast.
"Better to provoke a reaction
than react to provocation"

Arkane Golem - Construct under service of the Mystral Ascendancy.
Lord Belphoran - the Lich is back into the Mystral Ascendancy.
Dybbuk Failed exorcise accepted at the Circle.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

janusthorz wrote:lol, I'd worship Christopher Walken as well... and also Nicolas Kage and Eddie Murphy (tho his last 5 years are full of crappy movies).

So, unless the domains are not in accordance to the Faction, I can take any? Oh, and thanks for the so-quick answer, I really didn't expect that to be seen so fast.
Yep, that's spot on - take the domains you please within accordance with the factions.

Also, heh, replies - don't necessarily get used to the half hour turnover, but I check forums pretty regularly/often.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

mining wrote:You can choose any deity you please, I know a good fellow who worships Christopher Walken.
Can recall a few followers of Chuck Noris as well during those days.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Opie Crimeria
Noob

Post by Opie Crimeria »

I believe the only change associated with chosing a diety listed within each faction is the cleric darkfire properties change. The normal is fire damaged added to the weapon. The NC version, PRAISE TORM, changes fire to cold.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

I had the impression that if you had anything in your deity field at all then you got the modified darkfire, but I might be wrong.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

All hail Kapwn!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Rufio wrote:I had the impression that if you had anything in your deity field at all then you got the modified darkfire, but I might be wrong.
This is correct.

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

doesnt the dm blessing tool only affect toons with somethignin thier diety field?
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

DM-Baccob
Newbie Helper

Post by DM-Baccob »

Shadowalker wrote:doesnt the dm blessing tool only affect toons with somethignin thier diety field?
Although selecting a Diety massively improves the chances of a blessing an athiest can still get the same advantages in the unlikely event they do generate some attention.

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

DM-Baccob wrote:
Shadowalker wrote:doesnt the dm blessing tool only affect toons with somethignin thier diety field?
Although selecting a Diety massively improves the chances of a blessing an athiest can still get the same advantages in the unlikely event they do generate some attention.
Bah, unbelievers should get a deity added any time they accept a divine blessing. As any blessing is evidance of thier misled disbelief. *Holy Grin*

TheEdge
Dungeon Master

Post by TheEdge »

why ask for another deity when you have me?????

MWAHAHAHAHA
Gorm-Fire Eyes

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

You spelled it wrong :)
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

Malik once created a shrine to Jessica Alba in our guild hall and I have a SS of him worshiping it. :)

Bearded Bard needs love...
http://www.nsrealm.com/public/ns/viewto ... &t=1001918

- Glow -

Return to “Neversummer 4”