Bad language in shout

For the original NS4 server
priestofbast
Looking for group

Bad language in shout

Post by priestofbast »

yah, i know everyone is supposed to know...but think - it would be nice to not have someone lose the privilege to play NS just because someone's mom saw our foul mouths when she looked over their shoulder.

Grandkids and grandparents play this server; if you wouldn't say it in public to someone else's kids or mom, don't say it here....that's not new and it seems awfully simple.

but it seems that the standards of behavior have slipped since the two servers merged.

I'd like to thank the DMs for taking care of my issue with language last night.

please folks, try to act like you have some manners....just pretend if u have to.

catfoot

diddy33
Newbie Helper

Re: Bad language in shout

Post by diddy33 »

i'm not good at pretendin' cat, or else i'd be on a RP server :twisted:

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

We've dealt with this person... that said people, like this have always come and gone from time to time, and the DMs are good at ridding them quickly.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Gornickthy
Spamalot

Post by Gornickthy »

Indeed... if someone gets a little out of control with language do not expect to see them around much longer. The screen shot buttons start going off like the paparazzi. So there is no need to pretend... it is simply a matter of having a slight sense of intelligence... think of it as simply taking those out of the gene pool who do not belong.
Power is not given. It is taken.
Tal, Soul Reaper of [IO]
Gol-Gorath [IO]
Shilo [IO]
Cthulhus Acolyte [IO]
Ya ya ya I know... stop whining, complaining, and learn to build better.

priestofbast
Looking for group

Post by priestofbast »

heh

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

I use better language in NS4 than I do in public... I think of it as "would I say this at work to a customer" ';)
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

Where the F@*% is Chase when we need him? And when the F@*% did we merge servers? :wink:
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

priestofbast
Looking for group

Post by priestofbast »

well, merge may not be the proper word. however, saying "since the death of ns4 reflections" just hurt too much at the time. but nonetheless, most of the ppl who were playing reflections have come to the new ns4 1.69 server (Prime is kind of redundant when it is the only server).

But if ya want to play ns4, there is no place like this place near this place, so this must be the place.

catfoot

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

just an fyi....NS4 v. 1.69 is cleaning up PW Action servers...

our larger capacity with less lag (except the bioware crap lag) and a decent/solid mod is drawing in the last of the NWN1 players.

good job guys :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Riton LeGrand
Noob

Post by Riton LeGrand »

As to the original post from catfoot:

I was so pi...d off today that i used bad language and at that moment very accurate expressing my feelings.

If kids and grandparents play this server (me being a grandparent tabletop player from D&D first edition onwards) then its not only the bad words but also the very bad manners of many players who think that because its a pvp server that they can kill everyone in sight with their lvl 35ish toons.
Specially when they see em fighting in low level monster areas/

Seems to me typically high school behaviour.

Nough said it sickens me again writing about this.

PS I am now a bit sorry for the words in general but i meant em truly in person to the PKer in question.
Right, long live the Swifts !

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

Most DM's as well as myself have a "0" tolerance for cursing in "Shout" channel. Keep in mind to that this can be extended to cursing in "tell" if your upset with someone and they get offended by language. A Screen Shot will seal your fate.

As for high level players PKing lowbies on the mountain or anywhere else. It, in some opinions', maybe in poor taste. It, in others' opinions, maybe redundant. So long as they are within the PvP rule set then it's 100% legal. Yes, a level 40 can PK a whole party of level 1. It does happen.

This is a PvP server. Make no mistake about it. I suggest that the best way to handle it is to suck it up, respawn and go back to what you were doing. By demonstrating your displeasure specially over "Shout" only paints a huge target on your back.

Respawning from a PK does not cost you gold or xp. It only costs a few minutes of time to get back to where you were to continue doing what you were doing.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

Heeza
Pk Bait

Post by Heeza »

In the past 2 days I've heard people say that PKing someone can cause them to lose gold, or perhaps items. Is this true? Does it only happen under certain circumstances?

Thanks
Level 1 Human Nuisance.
Starting Feats: Beer Domain, Sleep Domain. Weapon Proficiency, Fork.
Skills: Concentration -2, Tumble 4, Bounce 4, Snore 2

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Yes, if you are raiding, and killed by a defender, the likker will get alitle gold. If you dont have the gold, he will get a random item.... So be sure to have some spare gold if you are going raiding and you should be safe.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

VagaStorm got his reply up as I was typing this one. :wink:

There is a bug that does rear it's ugly head on the rare occasion where a player will lose gold and xp from a pk. That bug has been here since day one and no matter how hard the dev's have tried to find it, it has never been found. We have all learned to live with it.

As for gear loss. That happens when you have less then 20k in gold on your pc and if your attacked in a faction controlled zone. If you don't have enough gold then a random item will jump from the pk'd pack to the winning player who successfully defends his faction territory.

Faction zones with the exception of the Northern Coalition generally don't extend for more than 2 or 3 zones away from the city. The Ogre Pass and the Mountain Trail are not under any faction control.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

There was a change pre-wipe that no matter where you are if you get PKd you lose gold and the PKer gets gold for it. If anyone is having problems with being PKd and loosing gold, my logins are ShadowDecay and KOrrX13. Give me a tell and I will hook you up with a little gold to keep you going, or pots if thats what you need.

My usual toon names are SLaughter ::DD::, Laughter ::DD::, The Art of War ::DD::, The War of Art ::DD::
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Return to “Neversummer 4”