For the original NS4 server
Kooper-Andromeda
Noob

Current NS4 Main Server IP ?

Post by Kooper-Andromeda »

74.192.150.137:5121
&
" . " . " . ":60001

Both IP's are not responding. Can anyone please post the latest Main NS4 server IP address.
Iam Omnipotent

With My Omnipotence
I Shall
Cure Those Who Sin!

Thorac
Looking for group

Re: Current NS4 Main Server IP ?

Post by Thorac »

yer strange shows up in list and faviorate's but cant connect ?
DOGMA: Fear is as strong as steel, while love and respect are soft and useless. Convert or destroy nonbeliever drow. Weed out the weak and the rebellious. Destroy impugners of the faith.

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

been there done that DD has had a email sent to him about it it seems to be a network issue as i cant get it via xfire either

so its the waiting game it seems
Balion, Blade of Torm

Blystos Re wrote:"Join the Northern Coalition.
We have Motivational Posters."

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

I had some difficulty connecting last night...took me a couple tries but I got in eventually. :?:

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Since we are on the subject... ever since the last big downtime (power suppy + some tweaks) if been getting enormous amounts of lag. I figured I'd just deal and it would clear up, as usual. But it didn't clear up 8(

So I took the liberty of checking out some things, starting with my PC and wireless network. Rebuilt everything and tested and all is good there, but still got bad in-game lag. Tried to query other players about it, but was never able to get a consistant set of answers except a few major spikes (which I'm sure everyone felt).

So now that the server is down, I decided to see what I could investigate regarding the server IP and surrounding ISP issues (since that was the suggested problem). I set up a smokeping from dsl reports here:
http://www.dslreports.com/r3/smokeping. ... b342&r=282
(hides the IP, but if you want to restart the test from the link at the top, using the server's IP, feel free!)

It's showing that the server is reachable, and that there are tremendous amounts of packetloss issues (30%+) which place nicely into my crashing theory found here.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

yah last night there was a period (when i got home from work) where there were 0/46 people on, and it was just timing out totally for me...

but then suddenly it worked again and I got on to craft.

I have been noticing a bit of lag lately, especially worse it seems an hour or two before the automated reset. One day (think it was a huge relic war day) the server got extremely lagged and then crashed an hour before the reset.

But overall, it has been playable, every now and then a lag spike causes some 'issues' in planar areas but nothing one of my many clerics can't resolve.
ImageImage

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

After the power supply failure, the BIOS got reset and the CPU is no longer overclocked as high as it once was. May be the reason...
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

packet loss lagspikes can be distinguished from server plain ole busy lagspikes by looking at whether the "game world" continues during the lag spike.

packet loss symptoms for nwn: you are fighting a creature, you hit a lagspike, then a million things happen at once, "catching up."
cpu busy: you are fighting, lag spike hits, then fighting continues normally. its as if you AND the computer controlled creature got lagged.

other packet loss symptoms: rubberbanding. you click to walk somewhere, then are instantly teleported back a few steps.
other packet loss symptom (if it's isp based): not everybody lags at the same time. you are just fine, your party mate playing from 3 time zones away experiences the above symptoms. next day, maybe it's you that has the problem.

back when i played ns35 regularly they had a period of intense packet loss, it was due to an isp issue on the server end. thats when the above symptoms were noted.

ping tests from the server itself can help distinguish if its the isp that's dropping packets, the network interface card, or the local router.

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Well as far as server-side is concerned, I made a few changes that should hopefully smooth the server a bit. This won't affect any network lag, but just any CPU-induced lag.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Seems much better now, had a bit of 3v3 this morning and didn't crash at all, no lag probs, etc. Much appreciated!

To confirm, here's another smokeping I started this morn, looking pretty clean:
http://www.dslreports.com/r3/smokeping. ... b342&r=449

I thought I should apologize as well, as the previous smokeping was pretty much invalid. I'm pretty sure the beginning of the smokeping was during a period of downtime, which would throw the overall packetloss measurement out the door, but the differences now are noticable (so far). Thanx again for looking into it!
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

server shows online and can't connect to it, eventhou tried like 15times

furiousuk
Noob

Post by furiousuk »

I've had the same problem for days. I can see NS4 in the internet tab but can't connect to the server, curiously I have an offline entry in favourites for NS4. Even curiouser is that the number of players on the server changes quite frequently, how are you guys and gals getting in damn you!?! :D

Seriously tho, I need a hit!

Any news on this?

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

change ip and try to direct connect with gamespy
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

furiousuk
Noob

Post by furiousuk »

Which IP should I try?
Tried the one at the top of this thread to no avail.

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

Direct Connect to ns4.servegame.com:60001 worked for me a few minutes ago.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Return to “Neversummer 4”