Don't die Linux forum!

For both game and non game related issues in using or running Linux.
Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Don't die Linux forum!

Post by Lokey »

Still have my PCLin install. They're including Compiz Fusion and Beryl in their packages now, easy to set up. There's a PCLinuxMiniEdition coming up as well as a PCLinux2008 release. Doesn't see a lot of use because of stupid NWN2 though :(
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Don't die Linux forum!

Post by Lokey »

Skyboxes look prettier in Linux for some reason. C'mon UT3 Linux demo!

Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

ashsagoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ashsagoon »

I would love to try NWN and beryl on my pc, but apparently I can't. My video card is just too new and ATI doesn't have any drivers that I can find. I have the Radeon HD 3870 and on ATI's page there is no download for drivers for it even though I keep finding sites that claim they are out there. Anyway, beryl doesn't support the card either yet so I guess I'm stuck until they catch up. Unless you guys can help. I installed Ubuntu 7.10.
PWnD by Squishee
LinuxPup wrote:you probably just didn't realize your builds sucked

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

ashsagoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ashsagoon »

Wow that's helpful :mrgreen:

lol it is funny though

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

ashsagoon wrote:I would love to try NWN and beryl on my pc, but apparently I can't. My video card is just too new and ATI doesn't have any drivers that I can find. I have the Radeon HD 3870 and on ATI's page there is no download for drivers for it even though I keep finding sites that claim they are out there. Anyway, beryl doesn't support the card either yet so I guess I'm stuck until they catch up. Unless you guys can help. I installed Ubuntu 7.10.
Have you tried the live cd to see if it realy dos not work? If not, try that, and while you are at it, you should considder trying the opensuse live cd to. Espechialy the last one is usualy extreemly cooperative.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Monezz
Noob

Post by Monezz »

Catalyst 7.11 drivers for linux are supposed to support the Radeon HD 3870.
Could be Catalyst is not in the ubuntu package manager in which case you probably need to install it manually.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=634104
contains a description how to install it on ubuntu.
No idea if it works though, I only use nvidia cards for the main reason they are much better supported on linux.

Return to “General Linux Support”