REJOICE!!!

For both game and non game related issues in using or running Linux.
Kromix
Addict

REJOICE!!!

Post by Kromix »

i finally got NWN to run under this linux machine :D i'm sooooo proud....

got my video drivers up to date using Yum and all runs less chopy :D old laptop rofl...

had to use Gnome to do the main installs and KDE to do the file transfers from my desktop using samba... i still cant figure out much... i did get that cholesterol free desktp on which is cool... as i can now use that to play NWN as it is lighter... :D

:D i'm coming arround loved the way fedora uses yum to do updates :D soooooooo painless (after you find the command -.-)
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Mr. O'Dearly
Developer

Post by Mr. O'Dearly »

after two days of sifting through archaic how-to's on dual booting linux and windows i searched the ubuntu site and found that all i had to do was pop in the cd...

can anything be too user friendly?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

but YAY! its installed. time for sleep.

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

LMAO.

Luckily Ubuntu is probably the best documented distro going. I was searching for Red Hat rpm's yesterday and kept pulling all kinds of ubuntu links, which isnt RH based and doesnt use rpms.

Gratz Kromix, which lightwieght did you go with?
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

lol i'm going with xFce4 :) the funny thing is that i still cant make it connect to the base with the PCMCIA, but i figured that after logging in on GNOME and connecting it with the GNOME network manager applet then log off and relog in xFce4, i'm still connected lol!!!
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

I swear that makes no sense as to why its doing that. One of these days we are going to have to plan to be online at the same time with lots and lots of time where I can remote in and do my level best to break your ... er fix your system.

Or atleast understand WHY its behaving so oddly.
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

cool... ;) i'll try to get some open time :)
Image Image

Return to “General Linux Support”