Lucky Mint 13

For both game and non game related issues in using or running Linux.
Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Lucky Mint 13

Post by Lokey »

KDE edition out, going to give it an install soon.

Now if they could put together a pretty KDE theme and pick some better apps out of box...but generally need to tinker with all that anyway. Didn't miss any hardware or plotz in any way I saw.

Blackscreen loading = wtf.
Way slower to load off dvd than 12 gnome (like 45 seconds, what is this win?).
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

trent
Newbie Helper

Re: Lucky Mint 13

Post by trent »

windows 8 seems pretty cool and fast ... just saying lol .....

was messing around with ubuntu for a week .... but due to having one of those nifty APU's I had all kinds of messed up issues just getting it to run lol.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

trent wrote:windows 8 seems pretty cool and fast ... just saying lol .....
:x
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

mining wrote:
trent wrote:windows 8 seems pretty cool and fast ... just saying lol .....
:x
I havent goten around to mint 13 yeat. Benn bussy testing out the release candidate for windows 8 :lol: :lol: :lol: Bu then again, I try all the [censored] I can find just to test it :)

Edit: On a side note: Neverwinter nights is more stable runs faster, and most importantly transitions is WAY faster on linux. I*m getting insanely annoyed that ppl can out trans me in pvp on windows.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

DM Belisarius
Pk Bait

Post by DM Belisarius »

Is there a tutorial or instructions on installing it properly in LM13 ? Would love to try !
DM Belisarius.

"For if I am wounded I shall say to my assailant 'If I live, I will kill you... If I die, you are forgiven'. Such is the rule of honour."

$chase$
Dearly Departed

Post by $chase$ »

it just installs like windows,,, no thought to it for the most part
Auril - God Of Trickery
good thing im the DM then.............................lol

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

if you want to install the linux binaries, and you should, you need to install lib elf. when you run nwn, you will get some errors, this is because nwn are linking to old libraries. go to your libs folder and make a symlink from what you have installed to what nwn asks for. if nwn sks for libdirect.0.9.1 and you have libdirect.1.2.3 installed, the command would look like "ln -s libdirect.1.2.3 libdirect.0.9.1" there's a few of those.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

I tried KDE 64bit, was ok-ish live, but headaches on install. I'm going to pass, and shake my fist in the air because 12 was a beautiful release.

Didn't try their gnome/cinnamon/mate combo, they probably put a lot more dev time into that.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “General Linux Support”