Annual forum necro

For both game and non game related issues in using or running Linux.
Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Annual forum necro

Post by Lokey »

New PCLinuxOS release, very nice live environment: http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=pclinuxos DVDs, MP3s, flash in browser out of the box. Very pretty, decently fast and generally usable.

No KDE4 out of the box yet there Vaga (devs don't consider it stable enough) :(
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

VagaStorm
Developer

Re: Annual forum necro

Post by VagaStorm »

Lokey wrote:No KDE4 out of the box yet there Vaga (devs don't consider it stable enough) :(
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I dont like it, but they are correct. Gnome is more stable, atleast when you start tampering with it. I've managed to make kde4 crash and bahave rather teribly, worst case with gnome metacity goes away... that beeing said, kde4 is beutifull, and it handels nwn better than gnome espechialy in windowed mode, but this might have to my ati card that I'm not entierly thrilled about...
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Annual forum necro

Post by Lokey »

Tried the new ubuntu package as well, very nice. Not much out of the box though (obviously the wubi and vm stuff eats up some space on the cd).
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “General Linux Support”