Same player - characters in 2 guilds.

A forum for discussion of getting your guild recognized
VOWOFSILENCE
Noob

Same player - characters in 2 guilds.

Post by VOWOFSILENCE »

Can any guilds that dont min the same player (roleplayer) having 2 characters(or more) in their guild and another guild please reply to this.

I dont want say a LG paladin character in the same guild as my CE cleric it dosent make sense, i already have had 1 answer in the game just wondering about all these other guilds here and the official positions on this topic :roll:
Keep Ye Well THe Forests For They Are The Lifeblood Of The World! Fair Thee Well

Donan
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Donan »

No set rules but I think most would say no, even if you RP your chars appropriately one guild might not be comfortable with you have knowledge of all inner working, who plays what, where they usually go, knowing weakness (and certain strengths) etc etc

But im not a guild leader so who am i to say anything :?

Zaranthys Rivermoon
Newbie Helper

Re: Same player - characters in 2 guilds.

Post by Zaranthys Rivermoon »

VOWOFSILENCE wrote:Can any guilds that dont min the same player (roleplayer) having 2 characters(or more) in their guild and another guild please reply to this.

I dont want say a LG paladin character in the same guild as my CE cleric it dosent make sense, i already have had 1 answer in the game just wondering about all these other guilds here and the official positions on this topic :roll:

Personally I don't mind, provided that the disctinction between player and his/her characters is understood within context - in other words, a player with a PC in TSS could have another PC belonging to, say DD ... however, it would go without saying that fellow TSS members of the first PC will view the second PC of that same player as an actual enemy of TC from MA ... 8)
- Zaranthys Rivermoon, ranger.
"Walk long and far, friend. Safe journeys and safer returns"

*The Few, The Proud, The Silver Striders (TSS)*

HavokTheFallen
Noob

Post by HavokTheFallen »

I would also have to say no. I know there are some guilds (TSS) who are massive RPers. There great people and in that type of invironment you might be able to pullit off. But as for most of the oter guilds its kinda on a login recruitment.

Example

my login is HavokTheFallen all my chars are DD
Kromix_kst all his chars are Kromix

Thats mostly how it works

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

most guilds don't like to feel they have a "spy" in their ranks..sorry for the word, but its what it would be...having a player next to you that is also for the other team means you can't count on them in a fray. most guilds have an "absolute loyalty" clause in them. say your 2 guilds had a fight....which would you choose? what do you think would happen with the others?

Zaranthys Rivermoon
Newbie Helper

Post by Zaranthys Rivermoon »

Death Dealer1 wrote:most guilds don't like to feel they have a "spy" in their ranks..sorry for the word, but its what it would be...having a player next to you that is also for the other team means you can't count on them in a fray. most guilds have an "absolute loyalty" clause in them. say your 2 guilds had a fight....which would you choose? what do you think would happen with the others?

Hmmm ... darn good point there ... :|
- Zaranthys Rivermoon, ranger.
"Walk long and far, friend. Safe journeys and safer returns"

*The Few, The Proud, The Silver Striders (TSS)*

HavokTheFallen
Noob

Post by HavokTheFallen »

Death Dealer1 wrote:most guilds don't like to feel they have a "spy" in their ranks..sorry for the word, but its what it would be...having a player next to you that is also for the other team means you can't count on them in a fray. most guilds have an "absolute loyalty" clause in them. say your 2 guilds had a fight....which would you choose? what do you think would happen with the others?

and also it could get to the point where you might start neglecting one guild over the other.

I have talked to other people who do do this but they are very good at splitting up there time between two characters. And they use two different loggins for the very reason of the loyalty clause.

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

if i catch anyone double croosing my clan i will Bigsby them by the toodles and ray of frost them to death
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

That's the reason why my guild leaders have to be Brethren, I want the leadership decisions to stay with the guild. Otherwise, I don't mind the rank and file players joining other guilds, we've got players with toons in the Dragon Mafia and the Striders, and this hasn't caused any problems. I think this should be a rule that guilds should decide for themselves.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

T. Rick Of The Light
Noob

Post by T. Rick Of The Light »

You've never knowingly accepted a player from another guild?

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

i have accepted 3 ppl from guilds.....2 were done with the guilds(1 of which left mine and went back) the third is with a clan that was strong allies of ours since they started, but have since left the server and the one player is all that left.

T. Rick Of The Light
Noob

Death Dealer1 wrote:i have accepted 3 ppl from guilds.....2 were done with the guilds(1 of which left mine and went back) the third is with a clan that was strong allies of ours since they started, but have since left the server and the one player is all that left.

As we can see from the above; players coming and going from one guild to another is a frequent occurance. This is not the first case, nor will it be the last. I fail to see how it can be avoided. With this in mind the subject suddenly becomes a non-issue.

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

the person that went back to his original guild wasn't in mine long enough to be considered a "full fledged" guild member. the other left the guild for personal reasons and will not be joining any other guilds any time soon. the one we have now from another guild......his guild no longer plays here, but wouldn't matter much because we are pretty much the same guild.

the issue is very important depending on where you stand in the world and who you have alliances with.

T. Rick Of The Light
Noob

Death Dealer1 wrote:
the issue is very important depending on where you stand in the world and who you have alliances with.

Ok, the issue is indeed worth discussing further only if it is agreed by a majority, or higher power, that guild changing, or belonging to more than one guild should not be allowed. Otherwise I fail to see it as an issue due to the fact that 1. It has already been done, and will continue to be done. 2. There is no easy (I could be wrong here.) way it can be prevented. (cd key police?)

For examples:
1. A player from guild A wants to quit guild A and join guild B. He simply does so and gets little or no objection.
2. A player from guild A wants to remain in guild A and also be a member of guild B. He simply does so and gets little or no objection.
3. A player from guild A wants to quit guild A and join guild B. He simply uses a different account name and completely avoids detection and objection.
4. A player from guild A wants to remain in guild A and also be a member of guild B. He simply uses a different account name and completely avoids detection and objection.

Shall we go further?

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

I think things are fine the way they are. We've got a small enough player base that some degree of belonging to multiple guilds will occur. Also, it gives players the opportunity to experience the different factions; players who have been here longer have tried at least several different factions out if not all of them. Why put a rule in place that pressures newbies to play in only a single faction the entire time they spend in NS4?
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Return to “Your Guild Here”