No votes
Yes
No votes

Total votes: 3

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Spamming not

Post by Ryddwillow »

The savings would be pretty minimal, and would remove around 30 posts by you spamming this...
really?
Because not all guild members subscribe to their private forums. In fact, not all guild leaders do to their own guild forums ;) Meta-gaming isn't for everyone, however they do check in here and keep in touch as to what's going on every now and again. It's a good forum for recruiting and new player inquiry.

Also, private guild forums are exclusive to those outside membership. Inter-guild relations can be discussed more properly here.

I know better than to keep the donation box ignored anyhow. Don't worry.
Well according to the above statement then if I was a IO player returning to seek adventure in my formal guild and follow up on the forums to see how my follow mates were doing I could not, since it is password protected.
Meta-gaming isn't for everyone
Any DM or some developers tell you I never meta game is full of crud, every guilds does in which you are part of Clad, Tss, etc.....

I mean you can hate or like me or just push me aside, I am still gonna sleep good tonight but understand these guild forums as along with every content on this forum due cost money. My point was not really the money but the lack of forth right material to recruit new members. But, hey here we are recycling players and content with it.

Wilma

hmm

Bargeld
PKer

Re: Spamming not

Post by Bargeld »

You should also consider that web-dev is one of the shorter resources available here at NS. If you remember, there were issues in the past with the forums, merging and moving and other things. It's better to just leave the forum alone than to start pruning forums, deleting crap and possibly breaking things. I don't think anyone really wants to try to fix a broken forum around here, so why even take the chance for something as trivial as this? We use what we got, and it works fine.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

I dont think the amounts of postet is realy a problem. If for some reason the forum was dead slow becase of it, or it became imposible find thing. Besides, the best way to limit spam her would be to nerf rydds posting abilities :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

I've had everything that willow posts blocked for years now and his posts are still annoying.

Can we ban people for being annoying?
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

try the io board now...i'm pretty sure what happened is that when we allowed guild leaders control over their forums as mod one of those guys pswrd'd it...then left and didnt' tell any of the new guys. we have douchey players like that.

although in reality we could give the guild leaders their mod powers to lock their own forums so opposing factions can't see what they posted, would be the same thing. bad thing is, everyone is in everyone elses guild so the pswrd would get around.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Amoenotep wrote:try the io board now...
lol, I didn't know they could do that, but if they are locked out, it's trivial to unlock or reset the password.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

I am still gonna sleep good tonight but understand these guild forums as along with every content on this forum due cost money
It would cost the same if it was one thread or 10000 threads. I'm sure whoevers hosting this is not paying for kb blocks . The whole forum is probably less then 100mb.......
Plenty of free 5GB Dataspaces to host a forum aswell if your that concerned Willow.
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

And we have a 100% yes vote that this is in fact spam. /thread.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Return to “Your Guild Here”