Guild rules and DM events.

A forum for discussion of getting your guild recognized
DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Guild rules and DM events.

Post by DM_Kim »

I know there are some guilds that disallow members from attacking their "sister" faction under any circumstances. I would ask that perhaps this could be revisited for DM events such as a short term relic event I held last eve.

I would further suggest that perhaps some members could make "special" guild PC's that can be used for these types of events where once they lose sister faction status they stay that way.

These are just ideas. It's your guild, your rules when it comes to game play.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

mgrjebbo
PKer

Re: Guild rules and DM events.

Post by mgrjebbo »

I do see evil factions raiding an ally as it benefits them, but if your asking NC to raid TC your crazy lady.
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

Tsavong
Spamalot

Post by Tsavong »

im sure ive seen that happen :shock:
Melkor of Mellifeur {GODS}, Banshee {GODS}, Warlock {GODS}
MrAsimov wrote:...one thing has become fairly obvious to me: NC is already full of a bunch of rogues.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

So, if for the greater good . . . and say even the fate of the entire world relied on NC collecting all the relics NC would just let everyone die? Quite a dillema!
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Yes, everyone dies! Muwhahahaha!

I have had NC toons that have been less forgiving than some, and have had no qualms retrieving the holy relic from the thieving hippies.

However, could you just reset the affected players factions back after the event? I'm sure I've seen some DMs do that. I know you're reluctant to reset factions resulting from raiding, but if it's for an event, seems to be no harm. And maybe the guilds who don't want to raid could call it a 'Dallas' moment - nothing but a horrible dream ...
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

Seems to me that its alot for a DM to ask, if indeed one were to ask it of a player that they make a character specificly to loose faction when said dm can set and reset as they like very easily indeed.
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

A DM may restore faction without a problem... I guess organizing and guiding the players through the event is much more difficult. But sometimes DMs disappear due to time or technical problems... After that try to explain to another DM why you lost faction, teehee...

Anyhow creating a rogue NC char isnt really an issue for those veteran players who want to participate.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Return to “Your Guild Here”