DM Kim's insturctions For the record

A forum for discussion of getting your guild recognized
cRaZy8or5e
PKer

DM Kim's insturctions For the record

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

There is nothing here about having to post them in the forums except for the link to the death dealer's application. No where does it say here that you were going to post it in the forums.
DM_Kim wrote:I would ask that you remake your application and please follow the format similar to Death Dealers:
http://www.nsrealm.com/public/ns/viewto ... &t=1000846
Include the full name of your guild.
Guild mandate and a little bit of "history" please.

As SyN never had a guild hall or a forum thread this would be treated as a New Guild Application.

Thanks
In the intructions about how to apply on these forums it states that you can post them in these forums formally, or as a pm.

I'm sorry there was a miscommunication here. You'd do better Kim to apologize rather than give a rebuttal full of false information that makes it seem like we conducted ourselves incorrectly, then lock the thread because you want to end the discussion. I'm trying to alert you to how you conducted yourself and to how this thing may be avoided next time. Communication is key, we failed at it, I should have stated that we would have liked to keep our guild membership clandestine, you should have told us you were going to post our pm'ed application so that we needed to edit it.
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Re: DM Kim's insturctions For the record

Post by DM_Kim »

First off because of this I now log every reply PM.

If you noticed in my rebuttal I did not use names. You best do some asking around with your group because it was NOT you that I was dealing with in regard to this application.

So before you go flying off with only 1/4 of the information ask if there might not be more elsewhere.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Re: DM Kim's instructions For the record

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

The information was sent to me in stages. I compiled it and sent it back with the statement, Change what you want to and delete what you need to then send it back to me for posting on the forums
I posted this message from you so that you could see where you were wrong. Yeah I'm done sugarcoating things. There were two stages, my initial application with just our members, which you stated above as being not enough. Then our second application, which was what you posted on the forums. The reason for the two stages was purely because we had just started the application process prior to the wipe. Why would we need to restate everything. NS4 is not a bureaucracy its a gaming community.

Anyway, on to other fallacies, it was never stated that our application would be made public knowledge. It does not state this anywhere in any of the threads, nor in any of your messages that applications need to be public knowledge. This is what I'm posting about. I don't care that the guild dissolved after the fact. I don't care that you and my brother may have had some heated discussions via pm's last night. I'm not addressing those issues and if you have issues with him, then you need to discuss it with him. What I am addressing is your bald faced lies and implications that we were at fault for a situation you muffed.

You don't have to log your pm's all you have to do is check your sent messages.

I've already admitted that I could have been more clear about our wishes and intent. However, you could have been better about communicating with us, as well, but you weren't. We complied with every instruction you gave us. The fact that this situation ended up the way it did, is the reason why I felt like it was some sort of vendetta. There was no need to post our application. Even if there was a need to post the background and such, you could have left the member list off, or even modified the member list to show the accounts in guild without revealing the identities. You did none of this which leads me to believe that you didn't care if we kept our guild clandestine or not. Either it was you exercising a vendetta or just shoddy work on your part.

A simple pm on your part could have prevented this whole situation. Your lack of foresight/desire/whatever to do so, created a bad taste in eveyone's mouth. You screwed up, not us. I'm sorry that its that way, the fact that you don't care just makes that bad taste all the more bitter.
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Re: DM Kim's insturctions For the record

Post by DM_Kim »

Well Mr. cRaZy8or5e I concede to you. 1.69 went live on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:00 pm.

Since then I've done approximately 90 post, 60 PM's, dozens of e_mails, been flipping between committee discussions in IRC, in game and private forums. Reviewing, advising, adjusting, verifying new and changed guild halls before being forwarded to the Dev's as there hands were full working on bugs and fixed to the server. Working and advising on guild forum changes. Spent on average 15 out of every 24 on-line because I could afford to, dealing with all this stuff trying to keep a whole bunch of people happy. Dealing with a couple of unhappy moments that came up through this whole experience. With still a lot more to go. A lot more.

So blame me. I screwed up. Use whatever adjective you like to describe me in any way you want. I've heard it all. Some in your group know where I stand and what is to come in the future. Speak to them.

As far as this current subject goes, about what happened.. It's done. It's over.. because on this I agree with you 100%. I don't care anymore. I have much bigger things to put my time into.

Thank you for expressing your feelings.

Thread locked. Subject done.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

Return to “Your Guild Here”