New Guild application

A forum for discussion of getting your guild recognized
DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

New Guild application

Post by DM_Kim »

cRaZy8or5e wrote:Sorry lol, thought these were still in effect since we were still in the application process before the wipe. Guess that's what happens when you assume ;) something.

Guild Name: House of SyN
Guild Tag: SyN
Faction: Mystral Ascendency
Deity: Cyric

Guild Members:
EZmark - cRaZy8or5e
ItZa SyN - --Ashe--
syn lazy - frogofpeace
Trajaan_baal - burrahobbit
centurian_syn - heels/enchanted hermit

pledged membership have yet to make a new account and toon:
valhor
superporcupine/feszick
euphienne

Guild Guidelines and rules:

These are the rules of House SyN:

1. We don't talk about house SyN
2. We don't discuss our motivations or defend our actions
- we don't respond to tells or shouts in any way shape or form, not to congratulate, to admonish, to talk trash, absolute silence
3. We don't talk in shout (i have to disable shout, too tempting for me to pop off whenever someone says something stupid or obnoxious, it really does help to clear your head of temptation)
4. We only talk in party channel (the out of character channel)
--In party channel with non-SyN members we discuss what is necessary with the party, but don't give out information about SyN or what SyN is.
--Do we want a rote answer about questions about SyN? "We're just a small group of like-minded friends" We want a simple answer that allays any desire to ask more questions. If you say something like "I can't say anything about SyN" it just makes people more curious as to what it is. Gotta keep it simple but vague. I think something along the lines of the above should work ok, but I'm open to something better.
5. We don't give value to anything, relics, weapons, our lives.
6. House SyN worships Cyric, God of chaos and murder.
-- As such we are chaotic, we're as likely to attack someone as ally ourselves with them. We are formally allied to no one. Cyric is an outsider/loner in the evil pantheon, and we will be as well. We will serve only our own interests. Our interests are in seeing murder and destruction spreading across Aetheria. Working towards that end we'll kill when we can, but a greater glory would be to incite wars tween other guilds and factions, so that the murder and destruction, and chaos can be incited by more that just our paltry few numbers (strategies of how to achieve are encouraged). I can't stress how much we are not loyal to anyone, not even faction allies. We'll kill an IO as quickly as we'd kill a CLAD, and be equally satisfied by killing both. Cyric worshippers are happy to shed their blood and the blood of others for the greater glory of Cyric. In House SyN the act of murder, whether you are the murderer or murdered is one of the most sublime and glorious moments of a life spent in service to Cyric.
7. Conduct yourself in a chaotic nature.
8. Do not, DO NOT relog toons on our other accounts to help or defend our other factions or guilds.
--People pay attention to that sort of thing. Be discreet. Last night at the start we weren't that discreet but its not a big deal as we were just getting started. However, from here on out, I'd like it if people would take a minimum 5 minute break when logging from an old known account to your new SyN account. Purely to allay suspicion so you don't have burrahobbit logging off and Trajaan_baal logging on. Everyone watches who we log on and off and tries to keep tabs on who is who, especially when it comes to us. This goes double for burrahobbit who can't stand to let people take his relics that he has stashed, wherever, or when he feels like someone needs killin. Patience is our watchword. Once we get up and running and get ourselves established, hopefully we won't need to relog any toons to inflict our will on our enemies ;P.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Re: New Guild application

Post by DM_Kim »

Application is before the committee for review.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

intresting lol
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

House of SyN has received tentative approval for location to Mystral Ascendency.

Please follow guidelines for the next step. PM me when do for further instructions.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

Its a shame that the procedure calls for this to be posted. SyN was apprarently supposed to be a secretive guild which is really cool RP. But alas I guess it isn't any longer. I'll still pretend I don't know who you are and why you don't ever talk. Really cool idea. Would have been a great idea if it weren't posted on the forum. Sorry for that.

:(

-Glow-

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Post by Ajantis. »

I disagree. If you're going to be an official guild, you can't pull the wool over the eyes of the whole server. Nothing wrong with being an unofficial guild and doing that. But to have a guild hall, etc... that's a different story.
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

How is being silent pulling the wool over the servers eyes?
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

A TeamSpeak Channel has been created for House of SyN .
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

Interesting you should note that Glow. We had PMed her in the interest of keeping it clandestine. I should have specified, but w/e it may not have been feasible so that others would not try to set up a guild in MA.

Too bad really. Personally, it feels, *stress* FEELS, as in there is the perception that Kim is exercising some sort of vendetta, though I don't know why. We applied for guild status just prior to the wipe. Then restated our application after PWnD moved to AO. However, she made me restate what the guild was about and its history all over again even though we'd already sent it to her a week ago. I didn't know that the staff was a bureaucracy where crossing "t's" and dotting "i's" was necessary. Additionally, if it needed to be a public application you could have said so and we could have set up an alternate account and made a public application.

"Pulling the wool" over everyone's eyes was not a deliberately malignant attempt at being dishonest. It was so there could be a truly evil force that would really excite the rest of the server. If everyone knew it was just the core personnel from FoN it wouldn't have the same effect if it was some mysterious group that didn't talk about themselves and were as likely to attack you as pass you by, regardless of your faction or alignment. Having a mysterious bloodthirsty group like that devoted to the God of Murder could have allowed for a lot of RP fun within the server community and for the DM's, but that's out now. W/E I'm really burning up right now over this lack of foresight on Kim's part.

In either case, the cats out of the bag, the guild may be terminated now. No fun in it once our identities were aired out on the forums, the impact is lost now. We'll have to talk it over again amongst ourselves.
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

burrahobbit
Champion of Aetheria

Post by burrahobbit »

Yeah, would have been a fun idea, its dead now in my opinion. I have gone out of my way to be decent in pvp with FoN, returning disarmed items etc. I was looking forward to playing the villain for awhile and not have to explain my actions when switching factions and playing the good guy. I refuse to believe that what we were trying to do could be misunderstood to where it needed to be posted publicly.
Amoenotep wrote:aaahahahah..burra is dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainswept wrote:Oh my. I need to go add a little something to my sig, pardon me.

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

I am going to make something very clear here, something which you can discuss amongst yourselves.

The information was sent to me in stages. I compiled it and sent it back with the statement, Change what you want to and delete what you need to then send it back to me for posting on the forums

ANY indiscretions were by your representatives not by me. I never practice "exercising some sort of vendetta". Everyone gets the same from me, good, bad and ugly.

After the information was review BY YOUR OWN and sent back to me it was posted as a quote for good reason. Those words were not mine. The lack of foresight is yours. I resent any blame being put on me or the implication that I am exercising some sort of vendetta.

If you wish to withdraw the application do so publicly, so I can open a slot in MA.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

burrahobbit
Champion of Aetheria

Post by burrahobbit »

You can resent the implication all you want but you never stated that it was to be posted publicly. Had you stated this, the misunderstanding would not have happened. You told us to resubmit giving history and rules, you never said it was going to be posted. Either way, its over now anyway, i dont think we need to waste anymore time talking about it.
Amoenotep wrote:aaahahahah..burra is dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainswept wrote:Oh my. I need to go add a little something to my sig, pardon me.

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

So you guys withdrawing your application?
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

As per request through PM Application has been withdrawn.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Return to “Your Guild Here”