Spell Immunity

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
CrazedInd
Noob

Spell Immunity

Post by CrazedInd »

I haven't gotten far enough in NS4 yet, but I get the feeling that melee characters aren't happy. Maybe the way to remedy this is to make mobs with very high spell resistance or even complete immunity. This way the caster characters can also be unhappy. :twisted:

A side effect of this would be that the melee char will need a caster for his physical immune mobs and the caster char will need the melee for her spell immune mobs. :shock:

Oh yeah, to further this, maybe mobs that have physical immunity can have spell sensitivity and vica versa. In this way parties are encouraged even more.

Just be sure to have regions where there is one or the other (obviously all the mobs will be worth less xp in these regions) and regions where the two intermingle (the xp is higher since no caster/fighter can be versatile enough to deal with everything). let's penalize the versatility of multiclass by making the most powerful items include a script that says if you are anything but this character you cannot use the item (not useable by:)
:wink: :wink:
Signed CrazedInd

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

I wouldn't go with complete immunity to either melee or magic, but a high resistance would make sense, 75% or something.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

SmurfZG
Noob

Post by SmurfZG »

this would make clerics even more powerful

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

SmurfZG wrote:this would make clerics even more powerful

VS spell immunity of 75%?
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

Alexiagold
Looking for group

Post by Alexiagold »

Clerics can melee almost as well as a fighter. Make things magic resistant, and you'll only nerf sorc/wiz, not clerics. Which would make clerics the sole class that can take everything.

Assuming of course you believe the whiners who claim fighters suck in this mod.

Sagil
Pk Bait

Post by Sagil »

I wouldn't go with complete immunity to either melee or magic, but a high resistance would make sense, 75% or something.

Sounds good to me.. party party party.. :D I can almost imagine a big battle where half of the mobs are magic resistant and the other half physical resistant - so you need a well-balanced party to fight that :twisted:
In general I think though that the majority of mobs should have no or low physical and magic resistance.. :roll:
I have opinions of my own, strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them!

Alexiagold
Looking for group

Post by Alexiagold »

Sounds good to me.. party party party.. I can almost imagine a big battle where half of the mobs are magic resistant and the other half physical resistant - so you need a well-balanced party to fight that
In general I think though that the majority of mobs should have no or low physical and magic resistance..

Or a few clerics. Heck or one cleric...

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Alexiagold wrote:
Sounds good to me.. party party party.. I can almost imagine a big battle where half of the mobs are magic resistant and the other half physical resistant - so you need a well-balanced party to fight that
In general I think though that the majority of mobs should have no or low physical and magic resistance..

Or a few clerics. Heck or one cleric...

boohoo! :( :( :( :(
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

dond
Newbie Helper

Post by dond »

actually, there is something like this in. just need a few tweaks here and there.

eg. some npc mages have the counterspell ability, which is pretty effective at nullifying casters.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”