Quest Ideas from the community

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

Teh Panda wrote:I'm all for a 'relic' system with bonuses granted to factions and their allies who possess each.

Maybe +10% damage with physical attacks and spells for each :wink:
( ^ if you don't get it, don't worry about it.)

Seriously though, relics/flags/whatever will take some time to implement if the devs want to do a good job of it. Not the least of which is a warning to all members of a faction (across servers too) that the relics are being stolen. Also, with the current set-up of guards, there wouldn't be enogh time to defend if they were being stolen.

At the least, the relics should be in heavily fortified areas with LOCKED DOORS that can only be opened by rouges (just to give them incentitive to put more points into Open Lock :) ) and some of the most powerful guards of the city will be stationed there. If there is an attack on the area, all guards will converge upon the invaders in an attempt to drive them out, and more guards will be arriving to reinforce the relic defense often.

After that you'd have to wait and see what exploits people come up with to steal the relics and fix from there :wink:

something like this will surely get my vote :-D

Bob
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob »

There was supposed to be an extremely low chance that artifact-level items would drop off of any CR 21 creature or higher. I killed the two high-level dragons in Sleeth 103 times (according to the stack of pennies by my monitor, so 206 attempts total) without getting anything but the regular drop, so either the chance is really small, or I was unlucky, OR the script was broken/never added.

Haven't seen anyone mentioning getting one in the forums either.

lordshelt
Dungeon Master

Post by lordshelt »

I've never heard of "relic drops" fom anything in NS4.
Bane - God of Tyranny

WHO YOU CALLING A PSYCHO ?

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

It was considered at one point but it was never implemented. Maybe it's still on the to-do list?
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

I'm a halfling junky, over 50% of my characters are halflings so I was wondering perhaps an Evenshire quest for halflings only? Like you could become a citizen of Evenshire (must be bound to the rift there). First, add a little of life in Evenshire. Sadly, there are only guards in Evenshire and no citizens which is rather strange. Add a little mayor guy and apartments with peoples. As for the jobs, have one like "Scout" who gets job points from killing things on Silver Road: Evenshire and the Fallow Downs, but also has to give the oh so numerous guards some food rations maybe (those guys are so diligent). Considering Evenshire is part of LA, maybe you could change that so that its not auto-hostile to peoples from other factions (maybe still hostile to drow and smelly dwarves, lol).

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Holy Avenger

Post by PeregrineV »

How about a quest for a Holy Avenger weapon? :wink:

Announce it ahead of time, and watch the (real) Paladins of Aetheria pour in. A group quest to destroy evil, or an event type to do the same, etc.
If there is but one event every real month or so, that would make them rare and coveted.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

I got an idea for AO quests. Its the Dragon Attendant one. I know that they can get a slave at 1st level, but how about they get a Personal Slave at Master Level? That would be so cool, a little henchman to follow them around. This Personal Slave can level up with them (under henchman limitations), and when dead must be raised or the player must find a new personal slave. Just an idea.

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

P. Fricebottle wrote:I got an idea for AO quests. Its the Dragon Attendant one. I know that they can get a slave at 1st level, but how about they get a Personal Slave at Master Level? That would be so cool, a little henchman to follow them around. This Personal Slave can level up with them (under henchman limitations), and when dead must be raised or the player must find a new personal slave. Just an idea.

this would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

Alain
Dungeon Master

Post by Alain »

P. Fricebottle wrote:I got an idea for AO quests. Its the Dragon Attendant one. I know that they can get a slave at 1st level, but how about they get a Personal Slave at Master Level? That would be so cool, a little henchman to follow them around. This Personal Slave can level up with them (under henchman limitations), and when dead must be raised or the player must find a new personal slave. Just an idea.

hmm, this might be nice. but only under 1 condition: the slave only levels up when the player does and starts at level 1.

So if you get him at level 5, then when you are 40, he will be 36. If you get him at 36, then at 40, he will be lvl 4.

Would mean that you NEED to keep him alive. :twisted:

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

i was ttally thinking that was the whole thing lol
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

watchwood
Newbie Helper

Post by watchwood »

I'd kinda like to see some jobs of just about any sort in TC. There's just about nothing there for low-level players to do other then kill goblins. Here's a couple ideas off the top of my head:

Guardian: Has to protect various special critters around Malencia from poachers and the like, or track down and slay loggers. That sort of thing. Could give the players some summons or other lsuch low level ability as rewards, for classes in TC that don't get such toys, or extra forest-area only bonuses.

Forrester: Has to go out and collect various rare plants and animals and such things and bring them back to Malencia, to ensure that bad guys in other parts of the realms don't kill them all off. More of a far ranging quest set then that of the Guardians, and would give more genaric awards.

Anyways, it'd certainly be nice to have something to do out there, as there's really very little for low level players, which is a real turn off for anyone who tries to call Malencia home.
The DuFresne Family of Malencia
DrunkenGamers.net

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Nice twist Alain, but I'm sure that would be too cruel and not worth the effort in keeping him alive. I do however agree with that they should start at level 1. Perhaps leave it the way it is as far as starting levels go, level 1 for goblins, level 4 for giants, etc.
    In the case when your Personal Slave dies, you may replace him. However, you must level him all the way back up again. This would make Personal Slaves a lot more special to keep from dying, but also keep it from a once-dead-always-dead type. We all know thats not fun, for all of us who've been to servers like that.
      However, what shall we do involving a slave dying and a character raising him? I'd say raise the Corpse Decay Time for slaves to 5 or 10 minutes. I think that would work.

PeregrineV
      Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

Sort of like a familiar for AO, but when it dies you can't just summon it back.
      Would you lose xp or something when your slave dies? :wink:

Elagneros
      How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

Eh, I don't think the slave idea is all that great.

First off, it'll add more scripts, particularly heartbeat scripts for the server to procees. We don't need more lag.

Second, AO is already one of the most powerful faction. They don't need a big benefit like this.

Third, it doesn't really fit into the internal logic behind Sleeth — AO is ruled by arrogant, lazy dragons who can't be bothered to do menial labor, so they enslave the warmbloods to do it for them. They're not going to give out these slave to other warmbloods for their personal use, because the dragons like feel the warmbloods should do this stuff on their own, and the warmbloods are all inferior anyway. Also dragons love to hoard more than they ever will need as well, it's like aq compulsion for them. So they'd rather keep 20 slaves they don't need even for a snack rather than give out 1 to another creature no matter how loyal that creature might be, since to the dragon anything that isn't a dragon is inferior.
      Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
      Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

JesterOI
      Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

How would you know? Are you a dragon? :P
      LVL 69 LFGS!!!
      The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”