Quest Ideas from the community

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

As Kromix once said, if Elagneros doesn't like it then it must be a good idea! lol, but really. Jester covered your third reason, your first reason is true though. But heck, if they work under henchmen rules then it shouldn't be as bad as if they work under all the summon scripts set up by the Devs.
    AO is third in power, but I've not seen it get relics for a while. SL usually has them, followed by LA. Heck, RK had all 7 last week. Daeron got their share too. But I do agree, AO is WAY too powerful. They're like LA except an additional ally and an additional PrC. How about they restrict "weak" classes like rogues and druids, because why would dragons want creatures who are good for nothing except for stealing and tree-hugging?

Umpa
    Developer

Post by Umpa »

Planer Quest ideas: These I chose this way because they seemed fairly simple to implement or have examples already in the expansions. The idea was to keep the complexity for the coders down, so they could be done fairly quickly which would perhaps improve thier chances of being implemented.

Ideas: Planes quest for 25+ characters.

All Faction specific:
    1) They must be 27+ before the NPC quest giver, who should be at the base of their nexus, would talk to them.
    2)Stage 1, kill 10 grapplers, 10stalkers, 10 wandering spirits – Get an upgraded faction specific shield. +4?
    3)Stage 2, Retrieve 20 nodrop, essence from the plane of the factions choice. So LA would be fire, RK earth, etc... Get an upgraded Faction specific armor of their choice, aka leather, robes, plate. +4?
    4)Stage 3, Retrieve the no drop, BOSS essence of an opposing factions boss, so LA could retrieve Ragnar, RK could retrieve the Fireboss or Mistress of air, etc.... 1 Weapon of that factions choice, bow or melee. +5?
    5)Stage 4, If the player is level 35+ they can turn 2 of them in for a token that will allow them to port back to their base city when they use it. One way, return. Perhaps you have to convert your previous token, such as messenger or rodent killer to this type of token.
    6)Djinni in the bottle quest: If the player can retrieve all boss mob essenses, they get a token that allows them to open the Djinni epic store wherever they are at 1 time ever 24 hours at a cost of 10k exp, and 50k gold. Perhaps boots that proc level 7 haste for 7 turns would be nice there, upgrades to avendell items to level 20 specific would be an option also. Make items of this type nodrop perhaps. This would spur the sale of items to the lower level people and create a reasonable economy boost. Gold has very little value other then boat rides.

The quests are not to replace the Boss drop items, they are to augment the people that might have bad equipement so they are more evenly equipped.

I'm not sure what I'd put in the Epic store, perhaps buy potions that drop all over the place or some other cool items, like arrows and such. You could also perhaps have a planar crafter item which was simular to the djinni but this seemed a bit more complicated then a store.

Umpa

MasterYoda
    PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

P. Fricebottle wrote:As Kromix once said, if Elagneros doesn't like it then it must be a good idea! lol, but really. Jester covered your third reason, your first reason is true though. But heck, if they work under henchmen rules then it shouldn't be as bad as if they work under all the summon scripts set up by the Devs.
      AO is third in power, but I've not seen it get relics for a while. SL usually has them, followed by LA. Heck, RK had all 7 last week. Daeron got their share too. But I do agree, AO is WAY too powerful. They're like LA except an additional ally and an additional PrC. How about they restrict "weak" classes like rogues and druids, because why would dragons want creatures who are good for nothing except for stealing and tree-hugging?

I think druid should still be allowed since that's the only way a mortal can get the purity of being a dragon himself.

Maby rouge and ranger, even restrict prcs in AO to ones that would limit what they can be.

Like only allow rdd/wm/sd

Blackguard seems more like it should be ma specific or sl specific .

Would make sense too having the pms and bgs of the world united together.
      TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

Elagneros
      How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

MasterYoda wrote:I think druid should still be allowed since that's the only way a mortal can get the purity of being a dragon himself.

That's an interesting idea, though would the real dragons accept the druid or consider him a fraud?

But I've always felt any restirction to AO should be alignment based, in particular only neutral alignments of some kind. That would still allow druids.
      Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
      Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

P. Fricebottle
      Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Okay guys, keep on topic guys. Perhaps create another topic for possible AO class/alignment restrictions.
        Wrymling Supervisor for AO suggestions...
          As since it involves taking care of the Dragon's precious children, and hunting for their food is among those things. At level 1 they must gather food for the little dragons. To advance to the next level they must kill at least 10 animals (perhaps make the animals drop meat when dead). Bonuses include +2 to search and spot. +1 save vs. dragons AC (they handle them all the time).
            Level 2 they must take the growing dragons to the hatchery where the juvenile dragons are. You take them from the outopost west of Sleeth (I can't remember its name but its in a cave and wrymlings in a cage in there). You receive +1 bonus to AC/AB vs. dragons.
              Level 3 you receive +2 bonus to AC/AB vs. dragons and Immunity to fear (dealing with tempered dragon's babies who would burn you on the spot should help you get used to anything frightening). You must "train" the wrymlings to use their dragon breath. You will take quite a beating in the process...
                These bonuses are not that good, because AO already is quite powerful along with 3 jobs and Dragon Attendant should serve as the main goody job. The immunity to fear might serve as an encouragement to take this job. Just an idea.

Elagneros
                How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

Only thing is that I don't see AB/AC vs. dragons to be all that useful to someone from AO, since dragons aren't normally hostile to them, that includes the wyrmlings on Wyrm Road, Ash Mts, Black, Marsh, etc. In fact, the only dragon I know of that's hostile to AO is Varnessikla, and nobody really bothers with her.
                Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
                Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

P. Fricebottle
                Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Yeah you're right. I couldn't think up of much bonus-wise. Perhaps bonuses vs. shapechangers instead? This making this side-job a bonus against a side-enemy (TC ally of arch-enemy NC). Just a few ideas, anyone got any others please feel free to tell us what they are.

kgb
                Wheres the donation box?

Post by kgb »

I was looking at the areas around TC for some ideas for jobs/quests that could be undertaken.

1. I was thinking for the starting job the PC would need to clear the surrounding area around Melencia and return to a job giver in Melencia.

2. The PC is required to retrieve 20 gargoyle claws (use the skeleton knuckles or some other anatomy suitable for a gargoyle that could be represented by an item) and return to the job giver.

3. I would like to see the Archeologist Camp made useful. So in this job the PC has to travel to a cave in the Wold (make it level specific like the cave in Angmar Waste - level 9 perhaps) where they must retrieve a Dragon Egg. This is no ordinary dragon but prophecised as the doombringer to the settlement of Melencia or an important individual in Melencia. The Dragon Egg is in the possession of a group of Bandit/Pirates holed up in one of the caves and lead by a suitable adversary. The Dragon Egg uses the Nugget item and weighs the same 50 lbs making it a bit of a chore and a risk for some especially with the petrification creatures there.

The Bandit/Pirate Captain would also have level 9 gear which is always welcome. Something along the lines of a Hood (Helm), Buckler (Small Shield), Leather Armor, Boots and Scimitar (all or some of these). They could be creatures like the Drowned or use the same Bandits as those on the Coastal Road/Icy Flats etc. A couple of Assassins, Healer, Mages etc.

The reward for completing this quest and returning to the Archeologist Hut in the camp would be The Ring Of Resolve (+2 Universal Saving throw) and is job specific like the Infernal Vigor and Spell Resistance Amulet - so you cannot lose them nor can you give them to another character. This stops them from being given to other PCs.

4. Another job could be to travel to the Niragawa Mystic Tower and return with an item. I would like this Tower to be expanded with a few levels that creates another suitable adversary that provides both medium level gear 9-13 but also a job opportunity for TC.

I hope these ideas are useful :)

cheers
                kgb
                Tres Nawt {CLAD}, Tres Baf {CLAD}, Tres Leyana {CLAD}, Tres Q'sara {CLAD}

Image Image

Umpa
                Developer

Post by Umpa »

Monk quest:
                Brothers quest- open to all monks
                Given by the monk monastary north of Halotop.

Level 1 : gives +1 dex on cloak or helm or token. Must trade in 1 Level 13 or more artifact
                Level 2: gives +1 wis on cloak or helm or token upgrade. Must trade in 1 Level 16 or more artifact
                Level 3: gives a +2 ab on gloves or helm or token upgrade. Must trade in 1 level 16 or more artifact from a specific dragon.

Twiggy
                Newbie Helper

quest for tc

Post by Twiggy »

it would be cool if the circle ranger and druids had a quest to find an animal companion. say they go out and find an animal they like and must bind with it some how. like keeping it alive for a certain amount of time, and protecting it.....just an idea.

Lifon
                Noob

PC Leaders

Post by Lifon »

It would be interesting if PC's could become faction job leaders, IE: Neversummers Last Alliance Militia, perhaps at a specific class level and only if the player has mastered all available jobs for their current profession, a PC could challenge Sir Pepin to some sort of duel for leadership of the Militia.

If the player wins the duel, (s)he will receive an item that indicates (s)he is leader. With this item in the PC's inventory, it will open 'leader conversations' with NPC's that belong to the Militia, this could allow the PC to instruct guards and defenders where to 'patrol'. It could also open up dialogue with Sir Pepin and the other job giver in the barracks, to allow the leader to specify what quests are given out each day, and at what levels. This would imply more tasks/quest are needed so that the PC leader has a list to choose from. This could create variety as the other PC's never know what tasks their leader has chosen for them. Not only that but the leader could purposefully assign difficult tasks, so that it takes longer for members to advance.

Of course there could only be one PC leader for each job. So other PC's would also have to be given the chance to challenge for leadership, and would result in a duel between the PC challenger and the PC leader. I know this could be difficult to implement if the PC leader is not signed in, perhaps to remedy this an NPC clone of the leader can be created to serve as his/her champion when (s)he is not online and a challenge has been issued.

Another thought, in regards to the opposing factions, if a PC kills a 'Leader' of an opposing faction, to reward that faction, the guards in that city are diminished for a duration, making it's defenses easier to penetrate in order to secure a Relic.

I think there's a lot that could be done with this.

P. Fricebottle
                Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Thats a very nice idea. However, NS4 doesn't run like that. This could create a lot of problems. Especially if some numbskull from NS (theres a lot of them) somehow become the leader and change it to no quests per day screwin' over everyone. Of course, this could be fixed but would be an extra problem for Devs.

Also, lag. It would take a lot of scripting I assume to do this. Also, theres 7 factions so it would be 7 times as bad. And theres only two tasks for the Messenger to do anyway, so it doesn't really matter if they assign difficult tasks or not for those guys. Concerning guards, it always gives xp for killing something you've been assigned. So I don't see how'd that work out.

A clone NPC doesn't sound too great either. Might as well have a 7 day limitation. If at the end of 7 days, the leader resigns his/her position to the challenger automatically.

Again, this seems like a lot of trouble for devs to go through. Getting rid of guards in a city wouldn't be too much since most of the relic raiders are 30+ and guards can be killed oh-so-easily.

CrazyJ
                Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

Guards? Neversummer City has Guards?

Oh, you mean those antlings who chase me around whenever I forget to re-invis after combat?

Lifon
                Noob

Post by Lifon »

Players ruining the fun for others seems to be a part of most online games, it's just something that has to be worked around.

As for a PC leader screwing others out of advancing in their job by setting no quests, that shouldn't be an option. If the leader doesn't speak with the quest NPC's then the quests given would be default/random. (Again more quests would be needed) My thought was that a ruthless leader would assign more difficult tasks for the 'recruits' to complete, making it more difficult for them to move up the ranks... So, there'd be no "No jobs for today" option available.

I think a term limit would be a good idea for the PC Leader. After the term, the 'Leader item' would be deleted from the players inventory and a place holder item given to the PC to indicate that they were just recently leader. The leader position would then be given back to the NPC, and another player could challenge the NPC for the lead. If that player succeeds and becomes leader, on acquire of the 'leader item', a script is fired to delete the holder item by tag from the module thus removing it from the previous leaders inventory so (s)he can challenge for leadership again in the future.

As for guards, perhaps they need to be toughened up a little. :)

KradetheRed
                Noob

Post by KradetheRed »

Maybe I'm biased toward pure clss characters, but I would like to see some quest for high level pure class characters. For say a rogue, you could have to unlock one of the many unused doors in mole men (Earth plane) remove traps and run through some breath weapons to finally kill a single creature that is not immune to sneak attack and return an item to have a weapon made that would add sneak attack damage or something else rogue like. Just one idea.
                Krade The Red
                Cade ThornGauge

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”