Quest Ideas from the community

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
EvilIguana966
Noob

Post by EvilIguana966 »

Oh, and of course, no RPG would e complete without a quest for a Holy Avenger sword that's a cut *bad pun alert* above the rest. I think this is another quest that would benefit from allowing the quester to tell the npc what class of weapon to forge. I'd hate to see everyone carrying a clone around when its so much more interesting to have some variety, i'll have a Holy Axe while some other guy has a Holy Greatsword and etc.

Teh Panda
Pk Bait

Post by Teh Panda »

I'm all for a 'relic' system with bonuses granted to factions and their allies who possess each.

Maybe +10% damage with physical attacks and spells for each :wink:
( ^ if you don't get it, don't worry about it.)

Seriously though, relics/flags/whatever will take some time to implement if the devs want to do a good job of it. Not the least of which is a warning to all members of a faction (across servers too) that the relics are being stolen. Also, with the current set-up of guards, there wouldn't be enogh time to defend if they were being stolen.

At the least, the relics should be in heavily fortified areas with LOCKED DOORS that can only be opened by rouges (just to give them incentitive to put more points into Open Lock :) ) and some of the most powerful guards of the city will be stationed there. If there is an attack on the area, all guards will converge upon the invaders in an attempt to drive them out, and more guards will be arriving to reinforce the relic defense often.

After that you'd have to wait and see what exploits people come up with to steal the relics and fix from there :wink:

Teh Panda
Pk Bait

Post by Teh Panda »

Idea for MA Jobs:

--------------------------------------------------
Component Gatherer:

The PC will look for certain components that they are sent out for. These will drop off a type of monster (higher the job level stronger the mob) and upon return the PC will be granted JPs. The item will only drop when needed.

Ideas for bonuses:
Spellcraft skill bonus
Lore skill bonus
Cheaper crafting costs
Ability to make some potions
-------------------------------------------------
Rift Sampler:

The character will be required to travel to rift shards and use a special rift [wand] to get a sample of the shard and return it to HQ for examination. This can be particularly dangerous if the shard is in enemy territory.

Ideas for bonuses:
Lore skill bonus
Move speed increase (like the LA messenger job)
Lowered Respawn Penelties (Master of course)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
"This... is my BOOMstick!"

http://maddox.xmission.com/
^ Best ^ Page ^ Ever ^

Teh Panda
Pk Bait

Post by Teh Panda »

Jobs for NC

-----------------------------
Undead Slayer

Pretty self-explanitory, kill the undead infesting the region.
Player will get bonuses vs. Undead racial group.
Maybe grant an item that turns undead.

------------------------------

Sorcerer (Witch?) Hunter:

When the character kills a magic-using creature or player, they get job points. The amount of points depends on the strength of the creature, or the caster levels of the character.

Ideas for bonuses:
Spell Resistance
Item with Dispel Magic 1/day
Damage resistance for magic type attacks.
On hit: Lesser dispel magic. (added to weapon equiped)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
"This... is my BOOMstick!"

http://maddox.xmission.com/
^ Best ^ Page ^ Ever ^

Qui
Looking for group

Post by Qui »

All those locked houses? Im thinking rogue/theif jobs. Make them tuff.. script it so some of them have to be done without casualties.. some have to be done wihtout letting anyone know u r there.. Assassin Quests.. if u really filled up the towns.. and instead of making the townsfolk 'townsfolk' give them all real names.. make them randomly generated classes/charachters.. Assassinate X char from Y town.. u have to follow them.. scope them.. if u do it in public.. any other towns member.. with a random lvls in some random classes u dont know about.. will be atatcking u.. and if u wrote a pseudo random script for the movement of said NPCs it could keep thigns interesting.. Also.. maybe a SD quest.. that one has to take upon becoming a 1 lvl SD.l like Rogue gauntlet.. but a ton harder.. uses skills that would be expected of a SD.. You have a set period of time.. 24-48 hours REal Time. to complete it.. if you fail you clearly didnt have the skills necessart for that prestige class and u lose the ability to ever pick it again and lose your one lvl of that class and must chose something else.. Heck.. do it for all PrC.. lets be serious.. i think 'testing' players to see if they exude the charachteristics inherent in the PrC they are taking is a much better system that making them take 5.. and u lock them out of taking it again if they fail their test... hmmm
"If you are 20 and not yet a communist you lack heart, If you are 30 and you are still a communist you lack rationality" ~ dont remember.

kiros
Noob

Jobs for Ragnar's Kin

Post by kiros »

====================
1- Talk to NPCs in RK to make the faith of Dwarves in Moradin stronger.

Rewards could include healing items, free services at the temple, etc.

====================
2- Get the mined Ore from the dwarven miners

The ore could be a item you have to carry from each miner to a drop point (in the foundry for exemple).

Rewards could be job points for any craft in the smithy shop, lvl reduction to create or wear gear, better crafted gear than you normally could at your job level, etc
"And now, may I make a right choice to change the evil fate of this unhappy day"
-Aragorn son of Arathorn
### Furion Whitehorn - Cleric (RK) ### Eledril Agurindar - Ranger/Rogue (LA)

Codax
Noob

Post by Codax »

For those sneak into an enemy faction quests, allow character to wearing armour/clothes from faction gaurds to be able to move freely, providing they pass a Charisma vs Intelligence check.

You can use stealth to avoid having to make the check at all, so spy types will have an advantage.

This way you can sneak in, but there is always the chance you will get caught, thus raising the suspense level of the quest. Especially so when you are not high enough level to take on all the gaurds.

This would also encourage people to have characters with more than 5 Charisma, by actually the stat a role outside of NPC interaction.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

I'd say Cha vs Wis check, not Int.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

JesterOI wrote:I'd say Cha vs Wis check, not Int.

Indeed. WIS is used in D&D for perception checks (Spot, Sense Motive, etc.)
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Hulgaru
Pk Bait

Post by Hulgaru »

Spy Quests:

Designate NPCs in the small towns or inns as having specific information on the movements and activities of factions nearby. Have it run kind of like the hermit quest in NS3, have a string of NPCs to visit (without items) have some sell the info, some need to be persuaded, some need to be intimidated, what have you...

Randomly place locked desks in houses in various cities... have notes inside that need to be turned into the respective faction Spy Leader... have the notes disappear on respawn. 8)

Conversation quests is what I'm saying here people :D

Merchant Quests:
Merchants from different cities need certain items, or want something delivered to an NPC? This could work out pretty good for Newbs in cities... nice little XP runs.
~Hulgaru

Okienaut, Okie Kong, Meki Okie-lot (Ret.)
http://www.cultofokie.com

Kodath
Noob

Idea for quest givers

Post by Kodath »

Now I have been working on this script my self so It wont be hard to implament, just alot of typing....

Ok heres how it works... You have NPC Class Guild Leaders that require you to have a certain number of class levels for various quest that NPC has. These range from level 1 quest to level 40 quest on one PC.... This releives culter... Now since these NPCs only will offer these quests to you only if you have the right number of that NPCs class, they will offer rewards suited for that class... Ideas can be weapons armor to even special abilites... Also idea for the quests themselves can be from hack n slash to gather items...

Spura
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Spura »

How about a quest in LA where PC is hired as a guard for a caravan from NS to Avendel and back. They carry gold to avendel and military supplies back. PC + 6 LA guards and someone with the gold. They get attacked by bandits+some other factions could have caravan raid quest where applied players get notice when it departs from the scouts and they try to raid it and they can claim gold or supplies if they make it.
Crimson...my humble attempt at reaching godhood.
Bard/fighter/RDD

Draebor
Noob

Invisible quest

Post by Draebor »

What about a quest that involves invisible plot NPCs or objects... or even invisible beasts. It might even be cool to pick a really barren part of the NS4 world and populate it with all invisible creatures... call them ghosts or phantasmal beasts or whatever. Even the NPC characters could be invis. In order to get the full experience of the quest, you'd need to have see invis active.

kgb
Wheres the donation box?

Post by kgb »

Dragon Quest
=========

I would like to see a series of dragon quests that lead to some ultimate baddy dragon liek a Prismatic One!

There are some nice spots where a dragon could have a lair (like the sea caves in MA, hatchery at AO, a cave somewhere in Melencia, Icy Flats for LA, and some tomb for NC, and somewhere in the underground for SL and RK.

The object is to seek out the dragon of your Faction and perform a quest for them along the lines of eliminating her enemy's offspring.

Types
-------
White Dragons in Icy Flats, a Draco/Undead in NC, Green Dragons in Melencia, pick one in AO :), Black dragons in SL, Blue Dragons in MA, Red Dragon in RK

Of course this would be based on level so a low level would be facing a wyrmling etc. right up to the bad-ass mother. So the caves/areas could be segmented only allowing players of a certain level access.

Confirmation could be a dragon blood vial for each successful stage. These stages can be 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16,21+ epic or some other combination. When all have been taken back to the faction dragon a faction-based item (of an epic nature appropriately) is given as a reward. This item can be non-tradeable if desired.

This would give all levels of players from each faction something to work towards on top of introductory faction quests such as the ones for AO and LA.

I guess the dragons could be set up as hostile to AO as all dragons seem to be friendly. So apart from that what do people think?
Tres Nawt {CLAD}, Tres Baf {CLAD}, Tres Leyana {CLAD}, Tres Q'sara {CLAD}

Image Image

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

A search of a secret relic , long lost in space of times and guarded by the long dead city guards (that we all killed before ;-) ) .
But as i mentioned in another topic, the realm is big, lots of different creatures and some factions so there could be hunderds of different quest been set-up. :roll:
I prefer the type of quest that invole more people at the same time ( like needing a well balanced party to get some jobs done; packs made; and even a bit of hostality :twisted: )

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”