Quest Ideas from the community

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Re: Quest Ideas from the community

Post by Rainswept »

I've noticed that since I've been back the difficulty of lots of monsters and areas has been turned up several notches. It reminded me of some tough fights I've had in other games, and one in particular.

Imagine 4 bosses that are each pretty dangerous and tough. Each boss drops a key and if you have all 4 keys you fight the boss's boss, so to speak. The twist is, the "real" boss takes a long time to kill and during the fight he summons the 4 mini-bosses one at a time. You not only have to kill them each again, but do it fast before you find yourself fighting several at once. The game I played made the summoned versions the same in every way as the normal versions, except with considerably less HP.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

Dazrield
Pk Bait

Post by Dazrield »

Not sure if something like this has been suggested before.. but how about a planar city that could be conquered? After conquering the city it would be populated by defenders tailored to the conquering faction(I would think tougher defenders than currently reside in factions). There could be some bonuses that make it worthwhile like... +1 - +2 ab/dmg/saves while on the planes(or just vs. planar creatures), or a portal room that allows for easier planar access. Maybe have as shop there that sells a couple of things that cannot be gotten elsewhere(but only to the faction members that conquered, and maybe have them not be transferable except to a garbage container in the city that deletes whatever is put in it immediately).

Ofc if you were bound there and the city was capped your bind point would have to revert to somewhere lame like ave or the dark forest, and you'd lose the nifty bonuses whatever they may be.

I'd think others could probably come up with better rewards for capturing the city, just throwing some ideas out.

weasel423
Newbie Helper

Post by weasel423 »

sort of a king of the hill to go along with our capture the flag.... interesting
[IO] is the way to go!

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
~Dark Helmet

Dazrield
Pk Bait

Post by Dazrield »

Another idea to spice things up would be to add some randomness to some of the frequently used rift portals, like take the top 4 most frequently used portals and add a 5% chance that when someone uses it.. it transports them to 1 of 20 random points somewhere on the planes with no return portal handy. However.. it would somehow have to be set to include the whole adventuring group or it just wouldn't be any fun :p

I mean.. they are rift portals after all, the very name to me at least implies a bit of chaos magic.

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

Why include the whole party? If it is truly chaotic, then the randomness should apply to each member.

NS3.5 has a situation like this when you take the ship to Sunken - there is about a 10% chance that the ship will sink and you end up at the bottom of the sea - and it is on individual toons, not the party.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Dazrield
Pk Bait

Post by Dazrield »

If the idea is just to be mean to characters..then yeah, grab one and fire them off into some evil place. If the idea is just to add some randomness, then send the party somewhere other than where they intended to adventure.. but at least they have a shot at getting out or maybe deciding to stay instead of just sneaking past mobs til it's safe to port(as alot of individuals would do if they ended up somewhere nasty). Seems to me if you just send one of the party off, you're just adding more running time, there's plenty of running already.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

I like this idea. *walks into dwarf home* *appear in abyss* "Oh shi-"
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”