Guild house doors/zones and trespassers

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Core
Looking for group

Guild house doors/zones and trespassers

Post by Core »

Something needs to be done about entering guild halls. I know when I made moduals I made some very basic scripts for transitions. I had a transition in a doorway that checked level limit and if you were under a certain level or over a certain level it would or wouldn't let you zone.

Is it not possible to flag the transition into and out of the guildhouse to check the players inventory for guildhouse key's. If you have a key then you may zone, otherwise you may not. You could get a message like the one in dwarven forge "an unseen force blocks your passage" or maybe guilds could create a custom one "The DCN doormen do not allow your entry." You'd figure being a guildhouse it would have guards and/or members in it in theory protecting it for storyline purpose.

If it's too much trouble or makes it unfair by doing these things then forget it. Still I think a dev/dm should consider it, it'd save people getting locked up for trespassing like chubs did today. As well it would protect a guilds gear storeage chest from theft.

Mr. O'Dearly
Developer

Post by Mr. O'Dearly »

I think it's great that guild halls can be sneaked into.
I also think itd be great to make them pickable. :twisted:
Any lock that can be opened with a key can be picked. :wink:

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

i agree with O'derlys first line --- and the first only :twisted:

now that you bring up guildhall entry....

and since i often see the DCN hall door open --

common sense would tell you --

not to go into your guildhouse when an enemy is nearby...

guilds have control over their doors and can lock/unlock them

i do not see this as an issue --- EXCEPT when certian individuals use their guildhall as a quick "safe haven" / "HA HA" --
how you may ask? lets take a certian city, with a certian guildhouse located near their relic cradel (oh yes big suprise - another common sense issue involving relics; however people just love to take advantage of all situations because they are cowardly and immature) - an enemy of that city is holding a relic and is fending off the ciities valient defenders, when the defender ducks into his / her guildhall, leading the attacker in abruptly causing them not enough time to counter the auto-attack still going on....leading the attacker into the guildhall and causing the relic to reset back to its prior location ---

this strategy can also be used to simply lock a persuer inside a guildhouse - and does not have to have any invlovement with anything other than pure pk......i have whitnessed an individual attempt to lock (had closed) their door from the inside.during their 2-second respawn interval after i had killed him in his guildhouse :o :shock:

such actions should be considered exploitable. the actions of this individual of whom is speak are known by many.....

/end rant

and to properly conclude :

that is the only situation that can be benifited from having preventative forcefields from entering guildhalls

it is a guilds responsability as well as all its members to keep the guildhouse secure at all times, faliure to do so is their own fault. :lol:
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

the guild halls are able to be accessed by anyone that is sneaky enough to get in for a reason. much the same way an attack can level a city. if is the guilds responsibility to make sure their enemy doesn't get in there.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Squikker2001
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Squikker2001 »

Or, the punishment for Trespassing in a guild hall is not being let out until a DM can intervene. :twisted:

If you REALLY want out, just strip down and aggro the dye person and let them beat you to death. :twisted: :twisted:
"I can't make anymore new items for 24hours since the box ate my new boots." ~ Mloki

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Well Fatz if yer payin enough attention to one of your logins maybe you wouldn't Auto Follow that toon into said guildhall? And how is running into a guildhall where a pk can still happen differ from a toon running and/or logging in faction store where you can't be kill'd and can buff freely? Im not even complaining about the store logging but comparable to a toon running into his guildhall, lol, come on now. Guildhall is not a Safehaven by anymeans? Players can pk and be pk'd freely the only difference is a player without guildkey may be locked into guild. A risk any tresspasser should be willing to take b4 entering a guildhall.
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Couldn't you just strip down and let the dye npc kill you?
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

the ignorance shines. :D you know well i speak not only of myself :o

he completly refused to address the issue; but at the same time, indireclty admitted his guilt; and flamed :lol:
Last edited by kingfatzo on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fatzo

Squikker2001
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Squikker2001 »

Squikker2001 wrote:If you REALLY want out, just strip down and aggro the dye person and let them beat you to death. :twisted: :twisted:

I believe I said that already about 3 hours ago. :roll:
"I can't make anymore new items for 24hours since the box ate my new boots." ~ Mloki

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

Alkapwn wrote:And how is running into a guildhall where a pk can still happen differ from a toon running and/or logging in faction store where you can't be kill'd and can buff freely?

why is buffing in safety after logging in a problem? i always considered it a basic right... if you want a safe haven just log next to the rift shard you've bound to, then you can't be attacked until you leave.
Alkapwn wrote:a player without guildkey may be locked into guild. A risk any tresspasser should be willing to take b4 entering a guildhall.

i'm pretty sure deliberately restricting a player's movement is actually not allowed, hence why camping rift shards and taking over faction city transit areas and such is against the rules. if someone decides they want to go play somewhere far away from you they should be able to.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Binkyuk wrote:
Alkapwn wrote:And how is running into a guildhall where a pk can still happen differ from a toon running and/or logging in faction store where you can't be kill'd and can buff freely?

why is buffing in safety after logging in a problem? i always considered it a basic right... if you want a safe haven just log next to the rift shard you've bound to, then you can't be attacked until you leave.

Theres so many things wrong with that I can't even begin to talk about it.

Firsty, I think you mis-interpreted Alkapwn was talking about. He was talking about when raiders would run into a city, especially casters, and when they'd run out of spells they ran into No-PvP (shops) zones to rest. I hated that even back in my LA days, it was cheap. Raiders did it over and over and over again. It got old.

Where did you see where he was talking about buffing after logging in?

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

P. Fricebottle wrote:Theres so many things wrong with that I can't even begin to talk about it.

and yet you soldiered on. how commendable.

P. Fricebottle wrote:Firsty, I think you mis-interpreted Alkapwn was talking about. He was talking about when raiders would run into a city, especially casters, and when they'd run out of spells they ran into No-PvP (shops) zones to rest. I hated that even back in my LA days, it was cheap. Raiders did it over and over and over again. It got old.

er. you can't rest in shops and haven't been able to for a looong time, so he can only have been talking about buffing, not resting.

he was probably *also* talking about running into them and buffing, but i had nothing to say about that.

P. Fricebottle wrote:Where did you see where he was talking about buffing after logging in?

highlighted for clarity:

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

lamo !

wooot for flames !

/ I have a 30 pack of bud in the fridge...you are all welcome to help yourselves. :D
Fatzo

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

you mean i get beer every time i flame?
no! must.. resist.. the lure.. of the dark side.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

The solution is to provide a disgustingly powerful Dye NPC that would be able to whipe out a party of ten well built lvl 40's.

Make it CR1000.

:D
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”