Petrification & Infernal Vigor

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Petrification & Infernal Vigor

Post by CrazyJ »

Any MA character without an undead summon (ie anyone who's not a PM build or a mostly-pure cleric) will end up being petrified several times in the course of the second set of jobs... I have a level 6 who's got a very high Fort save for a level 6, and he's still been petrified twice. Is there any chance of having the Infernal Vigor item also confer temporary immunity to petrification? It's not a very common attack anywhere else, so I don't think it would be unbalancing... and it would get rid of the random insta-death while attempting to do jobs.

Mr. O'Dearly
Developer

Post by Mr. O'Dearly »

There are ways to avoid being stoned.
Play Strategically.
This especially easy if you already have a summon.

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

If you don't have a summon (ie not a caster), you're limited to trying to get them to use the gazes up on Formians before you engage.

Cthulhu Drega
Newbie Helper

Post by Cthulhu Drega »

a non summon toon should go elsewhere to level a bit before continuing the job IMO i usaly take my melee toons to the pass or mirk till around 10 to 13th before returning to finish the jobs
"There is no great genius without some touch of madness." - Seneca

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant

Mr. O'Dearly
Developer

Post by Mr. O'Dearly »

if you dont have a summon, there are summon rods that drop.
If you cant get enough of those, there is also a more difficult but effective way.
Observe carefully how the gorgons/medusas behave when they are about to use a petrification gaze.
They pause immediately before. If you pay attention, you can move out of the way before it goes off.
I know, ive made several low level toons in MA of both casters and non-casters. (I dont have any of them high level because I kept changing the build and eventually got bored with it, but they all made it through wastes of angmar and jobs with no problems.)

For the cockatrices, either used ranged weps, or if your damage output is high enough you can kill it pretty easily before it uses any petrification.

Myrdyr
Newbie Helper

Post by Myrdyr »

Rather than doing that job, I go to Avendell and party from there. Many levels later I return to finish up the jobs.

Bishop99
Pk Bait

Post by Bishop99 »

I just die many many times.

(stubborn)

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”