a coupple things

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Cthulhu Drega
Newbie Helper

a coupple things

Post by Cthulhu Drega »

Being located in MA now ive done alot of exsploring and testing with our new area and i have some suggestions/requests

1. the mephit capture device wll reset counter if you missclick and hit the air IE. when a mephit attacks it does this swoop animation if it swoops when you try and click on it sometimes youll miss and hit nothing or yourself this resets the counter even tho you absorbed nothing. can this be fixed to be activated only when you actualy have a creature targeted? its a pain enough that sometimes you have a invis mephit of the wrong type right near a correct type. just a siple little tweak nothing big here

2. also on mephits can we increase the fire magma and steam mephits hp a little making a ftr i noticed alot of times trying to get the other mephits gone so i can capture the right one a cleave hit will 75% of the time kill the fire steam or magma mephit. making them a little tougher should fix this problem

3. transport, to get from Garagoth to anywhere requires one of 3 things 1st choice walk a long way through some nasty mobs. 2nd choice 14k gold for a boat ride to sunken then from sunken to the black hills. 3rd choice wait till 9th level and 12.5k for a dragon ride. *edited* so what im suggesting is a direct route to the black hills from grey shores for say 5k? daeron has a cheap ride to there for a paltry 160 gold from winddale

4. medusas and other nasties of the wastes as these are job related for a low level toon ( tho i usaly wait to finish this job so i dont die every other encounter) can we get the dc of these death attacks lowered a bit to say 12? exspecting a mage with its horrid fort save to survive for long let alone any other toon of lower than 10th level at the current dc of 15 seems a bit mutch. especaly since these creatures have a seeming unlimited times they can do these attacks.

5. one last one this one regards the dreaded rabid chicken. with a damage range of 2 to 8 ( i think ) even with its low hp i think the cr should be raised to atleast match that of dire rats as they can kill with one hit most level 1 toons even a fighter will run like a ninny if 8 of his 10 hp is taken in one blow. as it is it has the same cr as a rat who does 1 point of damage even on a crit.

thx for your time
Cthulhu Drega
Last edited by Cthulhu Drega on Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no great genius without some touch of madness." - Seneca

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Yes on the Rabid Chickens part, can't tell you much about Garagoth due to I've never lived there. The Rabid Chickens have an AB of +6, which easily is +8 when you're not focused on them. Thats a hell-a-lot for a creature with such a low CR. I was using my 1st level cleric with shield of faith, full plate, and tower shield when I died. I was like, how the hell are they hitting me?

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

mmmm !

true true, but does Garagoth really need a direct transport to its locale? hippie-ville -- erm i mean Melenecia, Daeron, and Mezo dont have transports either, and i would rather keep your filthy brothels isolated from my quite clean and disease free neversummer :wink:

based on this rationale, the only ppl who deserve a fast transport to their city is the NC, since they are niether diseased, drugged (like the hippies) or just plain trashy like the filthy drow....

and as for the dwarfs? let them stay in their fiendish caves and drink ALE all day. :P
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

kingfatzo wrote:in their fiendish caves and drink ALE all day. :P

Thats not a half-bad idea, but are caves ain't fiendish like dem drow. Dey be da crafted by da finest craftin' people in da....craftin' place....yeah....

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

Find a friend and walk to Avendell thru the goblin caves?
It can be done around lvl 5 once you know the way.

Come out in ash mountains and avoid the mezzos.
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

T. Rick Of The Light
Noob

Post by T. Rick Of The Light »

Garagoths remoteness is it's main strategic advantage.

A new player to Garagoth that can't find his way out on his own isn't worth his salt!

Sure you're going to start the Mephit Job over and over again. Sure you're going to get stoned in the desert again and again. This is Garagoths saving grace. It separates the men from the boys.

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

ive got to say no no no no a thousand times no to the idea of having a port inside the city of garagoth.

one of the things that makes garagoth so great is the fact that it is the most defensible city in the game. we do NOT want to put a port in for raiders to simply move in and out of, that would completely eliminate the point of garagoths position.
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

Cthulhu Drega
Newbie Helper

Post by Cthulhu Drega »

quite right about the port in the city. i corrected that post and said to put it from the grey shores to the black hills

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

lord_modred wrote:it is the most defensible city in the game.
]
Thats so true its sad. I took an epic monk over there once, took forever despite the speed.

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

not only that, but you get a mass of defenders on and no one will make it out of that city alive.
if i didn't do it...someone else would have.

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

Death Dealer1 wrote:not only that, but you get a mass of defenders on and no one will make it out of that city alive.

A mass of defenders? How about: A massive defender ie: mage in Dragonform sitting on the only bridge leading out of town and 1 mage to cast from behind as the raiders attempt to get across. :lol:
ImageImage

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

since when is garagoth remote? been to dearon latley?

Cthulhu Drega
Newbie Helper

Post by Cthulhu Drega »

yes i have it was so nice to see it in flames and your citizens running like sheep ;)

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Strange, I thought that scene would be the other way around...

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”