Tresure Chests and animals.

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Core
Looking for group

Tresure Chests and animals.

Post by Core »

I think there is a few things missing especially in the planar areas.

Firstly after the ogres and gnolls there is a lack of treasure chests. I like that there is a few high level locklockable doors in some areas (epic amazons Slave Master, Earth Planes Molemen). Problem is those tresure chests were never added to the epic areas, they could have epic traps on them providing a nice reason to bring a rogue whos got maxed out trap, openlock, and search. Theres tresure cheasts in so many places but the new areas just don't have them yet.

We need some uber animals for animal empathy. I don't know about you but when I make a ranger or druid i feel as though I've wasted points in animal emp around level 12 and up. Highest animals I've seen so far, maybe polar bears and mirk worgs. After that, it's a totally useless skill. Maybe we could have some uber animals, or beast master type mobs who if you emp their pet's you'd really have something going there. Of course you'd need to make sure the DC is fair, since there's gloves and items which add to animal emp. Making it too easy would ruin the area if low levels could walk in and easily grab a great pet to stomp everything with. Are sharks emp'able in water planes? I dunno but hopefully we could add a few more, and make animal empathy fun again.

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

Good post.

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

there are chests in water plane, but last time i was there they were empty...look by the pirates :)
if i didn't do it...someone else would have.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Yeah, reason why there's no epic chests in the planes is that there's no epic lines of gear or treasure. Hopefully that'll change 'soon'.

And, animal empathy is a bit hardwired so that after a certain amount of points in it, it's pretty easy to snag everything that's an animal without fail. But, we do have an alternate use for animal empathy planned...
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

dominate planar beings? i say animal empathy should work on half ogres and half orcs....after all they are animals and related to dwarves.
if i didn't do it...someone else would have.

watchwood
Newbie Helper

Post by watchwood »

Make it work on dwarves, while you're at it. Stinking dwarves.
The DuFresne Family of Malencia
DrunkenGamers.net

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

Mabey not so much an animal empathy but more along the lines of a stun or "charm effect" would be nice.

*Yoda waives his hand* u do not want to attack me...

Then smack them with your stick. :D
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

I don't know what other planes are planned, but a plane like the Beastlands attached to the TC Nexus with epic types of animals might be cool.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”