Regarding relics...

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Nemesis Revised
Newbie Helper

Regarding relics...

Post by Nemesis Revised »

hey fellas, just wanna open a thread on the new relic system. Congratulations on the work. Just wana make a few suggestions:

1) hpe there'd be a workaround against hipsters. hipsters get it easy attempting to steal relics as well as bringing it home. i know carrying the relic dispells buffs on a char. does it at least greatly reduce a person's hide? that way, relics wont be abused by a party of hipsters

2) the presence of diviners. its easy to find diviners when the home area is small, but the bigger the map is, the harder they seem to be found.

3) If the cradle can say how many relics it has, how bout it also tell the player where the diviner is located?

4) Factions with no pc defenders. Factions like RK, TC, and NC dont get much defenders. Is there a way to script extra defenders to spawn when a relic has been stolen and there are no pc defenders logged in for that faction?

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

relics give you -50 to hide and move silent when you snag them...or atleast they do to me.

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

1.hipsters don't hide from me ;] and they can't hide from a wail, curse song, neg bursts, high listen or spot, and some summons.

2.i agree, I've never ever set eyes on the NS diviner!

3.diviner locator on the relic is a nice idea..!

4.this is how it works, NPCs are useless... I usually just run past enemy NPCs if they aren't worth the XP, they never touch me...

The relic system isn't the focus of NS4, it's more of a way to give bored people who would normally go and PK lowbies something to do! (and to give insecure, bed-wetter types something to confirm that they are 'special') It's also great if your faction is the dominant one (in numbers) and so you decide to get as many relics as you can so that everyone online can benefit from it...

NS4 couldn't really be 100% centered around this, since the factions are not really equal in power, size or distance from each other... it's a fun sidebar, but you can totally ignore it and just play as normal as well.
ImageImage

$chase$
Dearly Departed

Post by $chase$ »

wow thats 2 great and well said post today..
Auril - God Of Trickery
good thing im the DM then.............................lol

Nemesis Revised
Newbie Helper

omigod. enemy hipster had his character on standby in our cradle room. he just kept logging in and out, touching the cradle, logging out, reapeat, rinse. somehow the hipster aspect should be reworked ...

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

HiPSers do not have it all that easy. Enemy spellcasters can wipe them out easily. However, I do think the whole HiPSing and logging sounds like a massive exploit waiting to happen.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

not waiting to happen, is happening.

Nemesis Revised
Newbie Helper

indeed. one hipster is fine; but when they stick in groups of hipsters, i think it indiscriminately outweights the point of defending. Dnnw if there's a work around to this, but maybe in room with cradle; attackers aren't allowed to hips after touching the relic. maybe have it delayed for 2 seconds or such. at least so even the mobs can try to catch him.

On laggy moments, the mobs wont even do a thing.

lordvan52681
Wiki Editor

Post by lordvan52681 »

i havent had any trouble defending vs HIPSers yet (Sirus & Shimi both tried), but I do agree that for some reason the NPC's wont even try sometimes. I was guarding alone 1 time, so I decided to buff the guards to help out a little. They stood and watched me fight Sirus solo.....

As I understand it, the guards are set to a low lvl because they are supposed to help us defend and not do it themselvs, but right now, they dont even help :(

KST_HAVOK
Wheres the donation box?

Post by KST_HAVOK »

Nemesis Revised wrote:indeed. one hipster is fine; but when they stick in groups of hipsters, i think it indiscriminately outweights the point of defending. Dnnw if there's a work around to this, but maybe in room with cradle; attackers aren't allowed to hips after touching the relic. maybe have it delayed for 2 seconds or such. at least so even the mobs can try to catch him.

On laggy moments, the mobs wont even do a thing.

dragon knight + horid wilting + wail = DIE HIPSERS !!!!!

hipsers are a way of life here .... you just need to learn how to beat them.

i know kromix for a fact has his 3 most played toons with spot above 60 buffed.

once you learn all the "power builds" you will learn how to beat them. Excpt dragonshape....... although im building a cleric i want to bring against Ironclaw :P

Zing
Developer

Post by Zing »

Logging for some kind of Relic system benefit (both attackers and defenders) is now punished.

Please see the updated Relic System Guide.

The Updated Guide wrote:If you login a character which is located very close to your own or an enemy cradle while it is under threat you will be ported and receive a temporary penalty. Camping Relic Cradles with high level toons until a "Raiding" server broadcast message appears is not in the interest of fair play. The same goes for logging out while the cradle weakens.
Talos - God of Rebellion.

...zing broke you didnt he...ITS ZINGS EVIL THAT HAS BROUGHT THIS DAY....
-mgrjebbo

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

thats cool Zing, it makes nabbing a relic less of a fight because alot of us old schoolers like to camp it to kill unaware ppls...and havok, i seen a PM kill 5 bretheren with his summon, including ironclaw in his dragonshape...how's that for power build?

Zing
Developer

Post by Zing »

Well it was found that players were using the 90 seconds it takes to get a Cradle to release a Relic as a relog window instead of a chance for local troops to Rally - Not good.

However, the new method is not designed to make grabbing a relic less of a fight. Basically if you want to defend then you defend. If you want to go off adventuring and leave your town unguarded then it's now a risk you take.
Talos - God of Rebellion.

...zing broke you didnt he...ITS ZINGS EVIL THAT HAS BROUGHT THIS DAY....
-mgrjebbo

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

Sounds good to me. It was ... irritating to have players park their 30+ toons in a guarding position near the cradle and then log on their lowbies for the +50% XP. Still, I will log highers when my own relic is being threatened, as that constitutes an attack on my faction.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

i agree with elang... relic raid IS a city raid an i will log in my vl 31 wizard to defend it... everyone would... i'll take the panaly as long as its not ban... i (group) collected all the relics so we would get the 50% bonus to xp, we lost gear, time, and maybe xp... but we got them, i believe is in the best interest of the holders of the relics to protect them at all cost... i'm not going to get all 7 relics and then sit bored logged in my lvl 31 waiting for a raid that might not happen? we did get the relics to help lvl our lowbies and we will not stand idle if som1 wants to steal them...

if some one wants to steal them solo... they can try, but i'll tell you there will be 1 or 2 high levels logging in to protect... that's why it is encouraged to steal them in a group... remember that pic with all 6 red flags? that was a 7-9 people raid, all toghether working in a group, now 1 or 2 lone rangers... i say no changes to be done to the system... if i raid LA fdor a relic i will expect the same to happen 4-5 defenders all high levels trying to defend!!!
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”