Remove Curse - For non-divine casters

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Risen
Pk Bait

Remove Curse - For non-divine casters

Post by Risen »

Can something be put into the game allowing those that cant cast remove curse, to be able to?

Cause it sooo annoying as a fighter to get a curse and then have to hope a cleric will be nice enough to remove it for you (which they generally do but thats not the point).

Like, can we introduce a cleric to each town that can do simple things (such as remove curse?)

Ragefist
Looking for group

Post by Ragefist »

Does restoration remove curse? If so, then there are pots that drop (fizzing yellow I believe). Otherwise, yeah, I think some cleric services for sale might be a nice touch. Maybe the evil clerics of places like Menzo etc can do the real evil cleric thing and make it hurt, a lot, to get stuff removed :)

Teladro
Pk Bait

Post by Teladro »

Lesser Restoration or Restoration potions do not remove curse. Only death, Remove Curse spell, and Greater Restoration spell will remove curse.

Not only clerics have remove curse, btw. It's also a level 4 arcane spell.
Violence will not be tolerated. Surrender or be destroyed.

meatbean
Pk Bait

Post by meatbean »

I would have to agree. Curse and Level Drain both really suck for a pure melee fighter. Once i get one of those on me, I usually either end up letting something kill me, or I just log off and wait for a reset. Both of wich suck!!!
Pestilence of Clan Freakery, Phil Latio of Clan Freakery, The One of Clan Freakery. Major Pain, Cpl. Punishment.

scruffyspellslinger
Noob

Post by scruffyspellslinger »

Fighters have to have it bad somewhere! They can do more damage in a single hit than a mage can with his spells and don't run out of steam. Saying that, it wouldn't hurt if there was a temple in the towns to do simple clerical stuff, but NO buffs.

meatbean
Pk Bait

Post by meatbean »

I agree scruffy. I dont think anyone is suggesting something to uber-buff a fighter, just someplace in each faction capitol to get some curse and lvl drain removed. Not for free either. Put some kind of price on it. You still have to travel all the way back with the curse or lvl drain so combined with having to pay for the removal, I think is plenty penalty enough.
Pestilence of Clan Freakery, Phil Latio of Clan Freakery, The One of Clan Freakery. Major Pain, Cpl. Punishment.

Zhorn
Looking for group

Post by Zhorn »

There is another way to get rid of curses... Go up to someone and say

"Kil me plz frnd!!!"

Bit drastic though :)

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

why dont we just allow mages to have heal spells and remove poison spells while were at it?

lets remove all distinctions between divine and arcane casters!
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

Zhorn
Looking for group

Post by Zhorn »

Mages can remove poison. It's called a Heal kit :)

WTF doesn't everybody max out heal???? hehe

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”