DC100 Web spell

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Zhorn
Looking for group

DC100 Web spell

Post by Zhorn »

I've gotten quite a taste for using the DC100 shadow web spell while I hold melee PC's in place and wait for them to fail their save vs Death Magic. It also works a treat for racking up LOTS of xp by sticking big clumps of guards/gnolls/etc in place then nuking the crap out of them all at once.

It just seems a little unfair. I am wondering if this spell needs fixing? The "Shadow" versions of spells are Illusions? Therefore I would think that immunity:mind spells (i.e. Clarity, Mind Blank, etc) would stop people getting held by these webs. Is that the case? I haven't tested it out but I would hope that is the case.

I was thinking either the DC should be lowered OR immunity:mind spells should stop this from working. I am guessing Freedom of Movement stops this spell as well.

Having said that.... PHEAR MY DC100 WEB AND FINGERS OF DEATH + WAILS!!!!!!! Muahahahaha!

All we need now is either a PvP scoreboard or a global announcement like on Dark Sun PW where it goes "< X > has killed < Y >!"

Epistaxis
Looking for group

Post by Epistaxis »

That is fixed in 1.64. You will only be able to use that strategic for a short time as the patch is finished soon, after this all sub menu spells DC's should be correct.

You are only exploiting a bug in the game, guess the PC's you have used it on is a bit mad at you :wink:

Zhorn
Looking for group

Post by Zhorn »

Ah well, back to using Bigbies I guess!!

Phear the Big Green Fist of Doom!

< Insert Evil Laughter >

(Evil sounds better than Lawful Neutral....).

Isn't there a bug in general with all the Shadow spells? Something about them totally ignoring Spell Resistance???

Epistaxis
Looking for group

Post by Epistaxis »

You are probably right. Have only read that the DC's calcullated for the sub level spells like shadow web were corrected in the comming patch. Not sure if this also applies to the spell resistance or if it is intentional :)

Hehheee, my bard will try to stay away from you, he is scared of the bigbys. Bad experiences in his early life ;)

TheBestDeception
Developer

Post by TheBestDeception »

Epistaxis wrote:Hehheee, my bard will try to stay away from you, he is scared of the bigbys. Bad experiences in his early life ;)

Ya know...you can banish the bigby's..

Spura
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Spura »

banish? Banish spell work on summons and outsider and I don't think bigby is even a creature.
Crimson...my humble attempt at reaching godhood.
Bard/fighter/RDD

Danhalen
Noob

Post by Danhalen »

yes, banish works. i've seen it many times. watch a duel between Black Willow and Slave Dissection, everytime BW casts a Bigby, Dissection banishes it. makes for a fun fight to watch.

TheBestDeception
Developer

Post by TheBestDeception »

Lokey wrote:They're rewritten (Bio code was pitiful--see comments above about the impossible to beat str check: it actually comapares d20 + caster stat + hand bonus v. d20 + casters str...who let these guys write a game).

Function should be more like description. Freedom doesn't apply, think of the hand like a normal NPC. Oh, banish and dismissal will pop hands as well. They still need work though.

The trick with banish is that (like all spells) you have to be standing...if the bigby's continually knocks you down, then you might as well forget about it.

deathdearler1
Newbie Helper

Post by deathdearler1 »

yeah, if u can't stand to do anything than u certainly can't cast banish. that is why i just hit dissection with a dc 100 web and igms him to death. he says cheesy i say survival. i usually walk away.
when death comes for you and you are not afraid, if he asks why tell him you met me

Mad_Bovine
Noob

Post by Mad_Bovine »

Shadow variant spells are from a completely different form of magic, hence SR does not matter with them. The Shadow Weave was created by Shar as a way of ursurping power from Mystra... yadda yadda yadda

ANyways, Shadow variant spells are not normal magic spells, hence normal magic protection does not apply.
Think you are lazy?
I once coded a 1300+ line library in C++ to avoid having to write 200 lines of code.
Bringing laziness to a whole new level

Netrom.dk
Developer

Post by Netrom.dk »

The DC 100 web is a bug, and using it for your own advantage is considered EXPLOITING, so dont that, you never know who's watching, or who your casting ti at.

SwLord
Noob

Post by SwLord »

1.64 imm to parylsis blocks bigby's 'holding' spells (aka freedom)
SwLord :[FotS]:
Sexy/Mega/Mini/Silent/Archer Lord

^--any combination of those is more than likely me

Zhorn
Looking for group

Post by Zhorn »

OMG roll on 1.64 patch!!!!!!!

deathdearler1
Newbie Helper

Post by deathdearler1 »

yes i know using the bugged web is exploitation. yes i know i shouldn't do it, however i only cast the web on myself. that way if anyone wishes to do me harm is caught by their own hostility, then i kill them cuz they're stuck and bothering me. :twisted:
when death comes for you and you are not afraid, if he asks why tell him you met me

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

Zhorn wrote:OMG roll on 1.64 patch!!!!!!!

Holy crap, I was hoping that would happen for awhile. It'll be more imbalanced in favor of ppl with freedom now, but at least it won't be so ghey.
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”