Helmets

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Quiett
Looking for group

Helmets

Post by Quiett »

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's be kinda cool if one of the helmets you could buy had no graphic to it. ie. Your Head didn't change to look like a helmet. Kinda like a headband or something.

It's my vanity. If I think my character looks like a dork wearing 'X' helmet, I probably wont use it.

kiros
Noob

Post by kiros »

I do the same with one of my characters (Eledril)... but the vanity part is pure RPing... I assure you...

Bottom line is : Nicer helmets (aka headband, broches, etc) would be great...!
"And now, may I make a right choice to change the evil fate of this unhappy day"
-Aragorn son of Arathorn
### Furion Whitehorn - Cleric (RK) ### Eledril Agurindar - Ranger/Rogue (LA)

IcemanXV
Newbie Helper

Post by IcemanXV »

Would require a hakpack to change the models in the first place.

Problem with helmets in general is they do not mesh over your head model. They replace it. There's really no way to make a helmet that when put on, uses each PCs exact head model instead. And I don't think you could make a model that simply doesn't exist, because when put on you would become headless.

Engine limitation *shrug*

HealingBreeze
Pk Bait

Post by HealingBreeze »

Too bad it's limited by that, because a blindfold that gave the bonus feat Blind Fight would be a neat touch...
Last edited by HealingBreeze on Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mathiuz
Noob

Post by Mathiuz »

What about hoods? Anyone ever ran around with thier rouge wondering why your wearing a big clunky helmet when your trying to be sneaky? Even moreso for a monk. i mean, cmon, give me one example of a monk that wears a metal helmet, aside from Bioware games.

Denort
Looking for group

Post by Denort »

Same problem as helms replacing a head. You could probably make a helm model from the hooded head but what colour do you make the skin? A helm does not use skin tone so the hood-helm would have a fixed colour for the parts of the face that were visible. It would look strange, for example, for an ebony skinned drow to have pale skin on his face when he wore a hood-helm.
Also you have the simple fact that this new helm would involve a hak pack.

HealingBreeze
Pk Bait

Post by HealingBreeze »

Um, i know i've seen some some hoods at char creation...couldn't someone just write a script on a non-modeled helm that replaces a head when equipped, and sets it back when removed?

Maestro
Noob

Post by Maestro »

Pity, really. I ran around without a helmet for some time until I found a good-looking one, just because my face looks three times more badass than the helmets I could buy. I settled for a spiked one now.

Mathiuz
Noob

Post by Mathiuz »

Every time ive used the default Hood at player creation, ive noticed it always takes the color of the armor your wearing. Maybe we could get some kind of helm graphic toggle? would avoid scripting all kinds of new items for those of us who wish to appear hooded.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”