Player Run Merchants...

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
GrieffShadowbane
Noob

Player Run Merchants...

Post by GrieffShadowbane »

Ok... I have this idea...

I think that rite now the only way to make money in NS4 is to sell looted items. It aint bad but it can get boring or repetitive. I propose that player run merchants be put in game. I have seen it done on other servers and it is very "doable". It seems like a neat enough idea. You can stock them with yer own goods and set the prices on the goods to what you want. I think that this would add a bit more to the game and would add to the PvP on a whole different level of gameplay. What I mean by this is that there would be competition between player merchants. Also, the player run merchants shouldnt be accecible to just anyone. The owner of the merchant should be willing to pay a large amount of GP and on top of that be taxed every month or so.

Comments? Feedback?

kiros
Noob

Post by kiros »

It seems a good idea, but is it fesable ?
"And now, may I make a right choice to change the evil fate of this unhappy day"
-Aragorn son of Arathorn
### Furion Whitehorn - Cleric (RK) ### Eledril Agurindar - Ranger/Rogue (LA)

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

It's feasible, it's just how easy we can make the interface. I like swindling in person though.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Quiett
Looking for group

Post by Quiett »

Just a thought, but IMHO, the bartering system should be completed/fixed before starting on the Player run Merchants.

GrieffShadowbane
Noob

Post by GrieffShadowbane »

Yes I do agree that the barter bug needs to be fixed before anything else but after that I do believe that this idea could open up new forms of leasure in NS4. I look at it as when I logg off I will still be makeing money when Im logged off because my merchant will be there 24/7 with the items I stcked in him.

Also if you did decide to run with this idea I would suggest putting the merchants in a "merchant square" where all the people of the lands could come and barter items and stock each of there merchants with new items. Also perhaps maybe make this a Non PvP zone?

Just a few more ideas to run with :)

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”