Why isnt the SL Tileset the underdark one?

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Portanas
Noob

Why isnt the SL Tileset the underdark one?

Post by Portanas »

and dont say "Because we want people who dont have HuH to play" You cant play NS4 unless you have HUH, my friend had to buy it to play.

So why not? It looks a hell of a lot better.
Admin & Owner of Insideimpulse.com
"Breathing life into online communities"

MrShadow wrote:don't argue with him.. he's still young enough to know everything..

Mz_Shadow
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Mz_Shadow »

What are you talking about? DO you mean HotU? Where did HuH come in?

Anyway, you don't need HotU to play NS4. Only SoU is required at this point. Later HotU will be required for new areas.

Levan75
Noob

HottU, SoU, FUBAR etc etc

Post by Levan75 »

Just a quick query, something that I have wondered about from the start, I have both HoTu and SoU so I guess I am ambivilent about requirements. However, how does what is essentially one big mod cope have areas that u need SoU for and areas that u need HotU for. I know you guys are far outstripping what was originally designed for NWN MP games but I still thought that a if a mod had areas needing HotU then the whole thing needs HotU. Wondering how it works, probable more a question for those techies here.

Mero

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Fairly simple. The HotU requiring areas are on a separate servers. If you don't have HotU, you can't travel to them. Kinda like how the NS4 servers are set up with different parts of the mod on different servers.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Who cares if HotU is required:

http://www.nsrealm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=899

So 6% of people miss out for a couple of weeks while they get a paper route to buy HotU.

May as well start using HotU.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

I'll probably be buying HotU this week.

And trying to play on ns4 so I can do screen dumps of maps, then make them into maps for my web pages... of course, I wont have time to put everything I found on the maps. Just sort of basic guides.
Searching for eternity, dreaming, for the key to open twilight.
- - - -
Jollyblue/Bongoblue blog NS3 and NS4 site updated November 24, 2004

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane »

Your poll is only counting the 55 people that read the boards and choose to respond to the poll. There are more than 55 people on the NS4 servers combined at most times and I guarantee that they aren't the same people all the time.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

The poll is supposed to represent the rough numbers on who owns what, not the exact ones.
So, roughly 6% of people don't own both exp packs.
It's a very good chance that the poll stats are correct within +/- 5%.

The numbers should be good enough to start using hotu content.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane »

There's a very good chance that the poll has nothing to do with the majority of NS4's population. If the poll was an in-game poll that was asked when someone logged on (the entering NS screen, tied to CD-key), then it would be somewhat accurate. There might be a way to query what expansions someone has via scripting? I don't know.

I'd be more willing to accept you using the "89% online with HotU right now" number given by Bioware on the NWN site even though it's the middle of the night and not really peak time. :)

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

6% +/- 5% = 1%-11%

That can match up with 89%, isn't that close enough?
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

The only thing from Hotu that isnt in the game is the tileset and a few monster models.

We have no reason to go back and redo a hundred areas just for appearance. We are using those new tilesets and monster models in the planes to add more variety there and to keep the main ns4 open to more players.

We have alot of things from Hotu implemented that you normally cannot do in the toolset. But since we go around the toolset it works fine. Dyes, Waraxes, whips, poison(soon) Spells and prestige classes on mobs etc.
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

SmurfZG
Noob

Post by SmurfZG »

what happens if a non-hotu player find a waraxe? he can't see it?

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

too bad they can't dl the pics and stuff like that as they go.

At any rate, i noticed halfling houses in evenshire, isn't that a hakpak, and how could you get around that? Pretty sure i've never seen that in normal bioware content.
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

Lunas
Pk Bait

Post by Lunas »

isnt the answer obvious the developers took that long to bend the nwn code to thier will and forced it in there with out the need for more than the first expantion :shock:
the Okie of Peace and Love
NS4
Snach Alot (Okie ambassador)9
Atomos (Okie Ambassador)10
Yoko Kurama(Okie Ambassador)1
NS3 pre/wipe
Sesshoumaru the Aristocratic Assassin
Naomi Armitage
Ross Silybis
Yoko Kurama

TTG
Looking for group

Post by TTG »

Most of the HotU stuff was included in the 1.61 patch, spells, items, classes, things of that nature. However the HotU expansion unlocks the classes so you can use them. The only things not contained in the patches are the really big things such as tilesets and creature models. Creature models might even be in the patches too, not sure on that one.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”