Corrupt Weapon Balance

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Frendel
Looking for group

Corrupt Weapon Balance

Post by Frendel »

Would it break the game if Blackguards got + 1AB per 6 class levels when Corrupt Weapon is active?

Garn
Noob

Re: Corrupt Weapon Balance

Post by Garn »

I'm not quite sure if they need that, but they could use +10 effective smiting levels when at epic levels; being good isn't as dangerous as it should be, and it is perhaps better than being neutral because pure paladins
also, if they could use an AB boost, then +5 at 30 is probably a bit much

EDIT: also the summon's hp is somewhat low, though its less bad with necro focus and death domain, which just about all BGs don't get
Last edited by Garn on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

MrAsimov
Pk Bait

Post by MrAsimov »

Admittedly I haven't made anything new in quite awhile, but the suggested change would give Blackguard +5 ab at Lvl 40. The spell isn't even given to the Blackguard until Blackguard Lvl 15, so they can't actually gain any ab until they are already Lvl 25. This basically gives the "pure" Blackguard a lesser form of what a pure paladin gets. Not really sure how the change could break the game, so many builds already hit the ab cap at 40 anyway.
Confusion is just a state of mind.

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

Yeah, it's mainly for the high level blackguards, and the one lonely person who might actually try the 10 fighter 30 blackguard planar turner. That build concept needs a little something. Basically it would be 2 ab when you get the ability at 15, 3 ab at 18, 4 ab at 24, and 5 ab at 30.

If it's perceived as too strong then maybe there could be a higher cost like Extra Smiting being a prereq for the +AB effect.

hush
Noob

Post by hush »

I like the Idea, BG in itself is dead, and rather weak for most PvP standards. The double divine duration prompted ZERO response to the BG, as it is it's still almost a worthless class, with the exception of cross class for the saves and disc skill point dump. I vote make the class more viable and usable. Compared to the pally, the BG isn't even a kid brother to it.

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

Yune posted on discord about just giving them the 1 ab per 5 cha mod like pure pallies, which could work and got me thinking of a side by side. The pure pally gets their weapon turned into a +10 which is with most weapons just a 2-3 ab increase, so a +5 ab might be too high if the BG gets the cha mod/5 ab increase too.

So would + 1 AB at 20 BG and + 2 AB at 30 BG for Corrupt Weapon and then cha mod/5 AB during Divine Might seem more balanced?

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

BG's are already some of the best melee builds in the game; low AB is the only thing stopping them from being completely out of line.

Maybe this could be ok for something like the X fighter / Y cleric /30 BG; basically "If you have full turning levels, you aren't edodging, so go wild".
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”