Epic Defenders in relic rooms

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here

What should be done about epic relic defenders?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:54 pm

Leave them just as they are.
No votes
Remove them completely.
70%
Keep them, but let each faction's epic defenders drop a decent item for going to the trouble of killing them.
30%

Total votes: 10

Frendel
Looking for group

Epic Defenders in relic rooms

Post by Frendel »

I've always believed that epic defender spawns in relic rooms only served to discourage pvp and fun. Would you like to see them removed from the server, or at the very least given some type of usable item to drop?

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: Epic Defenders in relic rooms

Post by mining »

My take is that they're meant to be for making monk runners less effective (slows them down). I don't think this happens in practice, so I'd be ok to remove them.

Edit: I don't know if monk runners would get ~even worse~ in a world without them though, which would be my main concern.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

DM_Myst
Noob

Post by DM_Myst »

I'm 100% in favor of removing. I don't think I ever enjoyed epics. The defenders advantage is already big enough without people having the option to sit on a room full of epics. As for monk runners, currently noone is really using them. People most seem to be PvPing for fun. If it turns out to be an issue, I'm sure there are better solutions than epics.

Garn
Noob

Post by Garn »

I'd like if you could get a lvl 30 item or two from each kind of epic defender
it'd encourage PvP
EDIT: and, actually, epic defenders making it make monks take longer to raid by having better guards there wouldn't really matter if you don't know that hes there until he taps the relic, unless he can't beat the guards or something
Last edited by Garn on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teigrgwyn
Noob

Post by Teigrgwyn »

I voted to remove them, since it sounds like they don't serve any purpose. Although, to combat potential monk runners, why not have monk speed negated when you have the relic in your possession?

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

Monk runners fix the problem themselves by rezoning and making the epics go away. What's a much bigger problem created by them is 4 people camping and healing 4 epic defenders. Besides, we all can make monk runners to answer the jerks who use them.

Garn
Noob

Post by Garn »

actually, heres another idea:
what if relic rooms were changed to always spawn just 1 epic defender(concerning epic ones), if any mobs at all?

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

might be a good option. it would punish trans gamers if exactly 1 spawned no matter what every single time. I really hate when they just run away to rest then come back to a mostly empty temple fully healed and buffed. would help against reset raiders too. I'd rather a minimum of regular mobs to spawn though to prevent people from buffing/healing an epic defender

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”