Making Shadow Evade Legitimate

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Frendel
Looking for group

Making Shadow Evade Legitimate

Post by Frendel »

Any thoughts on upgrading one or more of the benefits of building up to 30 Shadowdancer levels? I thought these might be reasonable if the table was rescaled to one or more of these changes at the 30 Shadowdancer level mark. I think otherwise it'll just be stuck as a dip class like Blackguard forever in pvp.

Changing 22/+7 to 22/+9 DR

Changing 50% concealment to 66%

Changing 6 Dodge AC to 10

Changing 8 Hide/Move silently to +1 Hide/Move silently per Shadowdancer level.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Making Shadow Evade Legitimate

Post by Lokey »

Like BG, you get the most important thing at level 1. Unlike BG, anyone without a PrC and willing to take a dead feat can be SD, and they get some nice things level 1-10 although a couple other things make you wish you took rogue instead.

It gets pretty tricky, think Barb/SD DR tank...bonus points for being Azer or how much scarier Sneakadin gets. At least you can't get the benefits and still be a caster...
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

Yes, those are precisely the builds I'm hoping to fight and build. It would be refreshing to have the challenge of making a good spotter here, when really it's not that tough. Each faction alliance would get new toys to play with. I'm not trying to be selfish with this since my own pvp alliance will be missing out on the paladin mix and an improvement to trickery domain cleric/ranger/shadowdancers. Actually, I think we'd stand to gain the least out of it. It just seems a shame that 30 levels of Shadowdancer, at its best, yields the same bonus to hide and move silently as a set of crafted boots. I'd have thought it would take a master spotter build to distinguish the shadows from pc at that level of dedication, but they wouldn't stand a chance even against a mediocre spotter.

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

O.o
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

I'd appreciate extra AC and conceal on the higher level shadow evades. I think it'd make for some interesting toons.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Has anyone played with this since the change? Thoughts?
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

I made a 30. Love the defensive side of it now. Still get spotted with 127 hide and small stature though.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

I assume it's mostly only Rangers with 120+ spot + FE and dedicated zen AAs spotting you?

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

zen cots too

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Yah, same same

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Probably OK that a high-powered spotter can spot sometimes. Defense is good? With 65% conceal and (I assume) epic dodge, should be pretty hard to hit and take the edge off the anti-spam rules.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

oh yeah the changes to shadow evade make them much more survivable without a doubt against physical damage

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”