Epic feats ideas

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Ogami
Pk Bait

Epic feats ideas

Post by Ogami »

I noticed that the dev crit change attracted lot of people (i like big dmg too but its a bit op imo).
There are other expensive epic feats that could use a tweak for the same purpose.
Here are some ideas, nothing game-changing as devcrit was...

Greater Whirlwind : spins faster, swinging at surrounding enemies twice.

Self Concealment: auto casts invisibility spell on self when hit, once for every feat taken.
Having all feats grants 1 auto casting etherealness / day triggered by low hp; duration 1 round.

Perfect Health: permanent effects are now temporary: cripple, disease, paralysis and poison will automatically heal in 1 turn.
Last edited by Ogami on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
>>>>>>>>Horsemen of Neversummer<<<<<<<<
Seung Mina ~HNs~ !KOS-MOS ! Zantetsuken ~HNs~
Masters of Tunarath
Stunfist&Hips Era
DING 100 lvl 40 TOONS ON FEB 2017!!!

Bargeld
PKer

Re: Epic feats ideas

Post by Bargeld »

Want old players to come back?

Nerf consumables like rod of slow, neut poison, restore pots, haste pots, etc. PvP is not fun when a mage or cleric only has access to a finite amount of spells/day and gets countered by a bunch of level 3 items.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Ogami
Pk Bait

Post by Ogami »

ye forgot rez scrolls spam. [END OF OT]
>>>>>>>>Horsemen of Neversummer<<<<<<<<
Seung Mina ~HNs~ !KOS-MOS ! Zantetsuken ~HNs~
Masters of Tunarath
Stunfist&Hips Era
DING 100 lvl 40 TOONS ON FEB 2017!!!

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

In general: Sure, seems ok. I'd be happy to make some of those less useful feats worth taking.

For the specifics:
WWA is completely broken. I don't want to rewrite it (scope is larger than even the stun fist changes). There are enough bugs associated with it that I'm (pleasantly?) surprised none of them crash the server. An option would be to replace it, kinda like the AA imbue arrow spell.

Self concealment change would imply running a callback every time a player was hit; this would probably cause extreme server lag. I think those feats are a big enough trap that you'd need to give something pretty crazy to make it even vaguely worth taking them, but still open to ideas there.

Perfect health: Same lag concerns as self concealment, I'd rather avoid immunities, but don't mind the idea of something there given how crazy the requirements are.

Barg: take it to another thread.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Tarias
Noob

Post by Tarias »

Self concealment could also be buffed by just increased the % per feat and reducing the number of feats. Perhaps 20% per feat with a limit of 3 feats or 30% per feat with a limit of 2 feats. 60% conceal means people with blind fight miss 36% of the time instead of 25% with the normal 50% conceal. That could be worth a few feats on some toons.

Garn
Noob

Post by Garn »

for self concealment, all ya gotta do to make that good is increase the concealment per feat to 13%, for 65% with SCV
for whirlwind attack, considering that a small radius is barely anything and that improved whirlwind attack solves the issue of a tiny range but still ain't that great, what I would do is increase the range of regular whirlwind attack to that of improved, then increase the physical damage dealt by IMPROVED whirlwind attack by 50%; considering that extra attacks from haste the pure fighter and barb bonuses exist, I think giving a 200% bonus might be a bad idea, and that adding a second attack instead would be more difficult to script
also, if you can, please add a /command to make you be able to attack stuff again after trying to hit 3 guys with whirlwind attack, or even better fix that bug
perhaps you could also make dirty fighting increase your critical threat range by 2 and multiplier by 1 while active, but also reduce your attacks per round to 1 as if you were slowed, so that you presumably wouldn't get extra attacks from haste, divine power, final stand, tenser's transformation, or the barbarian's or fighter's relevant pure class bonus
I guess that cleave and great cleave would still work with dirty fighting though
edit: also greater ruin sucks; only 35d10 positive energy damage once per day? even if it was DC=99 I wouldn't ever consider taking it, its only 192.5 average damage once per day, taking a whole round and a whole feat, and in comparison maxed IGMS can be casted twice per round, has no save, and does 140 damage

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”