HiPS, Stun and Dev Crit

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Bargeld
PKer

Re: HiPS, Stun and Dev Crit

Post by Bargeld »

He cheated. :wink:
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Bargeld wrote:He cheated. :wink:
For context, cheating was running off and resting to use a UV amulet again.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

After a few late nights and lots of debugging, good news everyone: We can hook stun fist at an engine level and adjust the DC. Instead of taking +2 / feat, we can do +1 / feat. That + not being able to chain it (i.e. stunning a stunned target doesn't extend the stunned duration) would probably make it fair to play against.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Rowsdower
Noob

Post by Rowsdower »

As a casual player I rarely pvp, and do not have access to higher end gear. The cool-down period has pretty much made my HiPS toons useless when facing anything more than a single non-caster creature.

When I hit out of HiPS the toon is now subject to spells, KD and all the other combat feats that are countered by discipline. When facing more than 1 or 2 creatures, especially in melee, the toon's survivability has plummeted.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Rowsdower wrote:As a casual player I rarely pvp, and do not have access to higher end gear. The cool-down period has pretty much made my HiPS toons useless when facing anything more than a single non-caster creature.

When I hit out of HiPS the toon is now subject to spells, KD and all the other combat feats that are countered by discipline. When facing more than 1 or 2 creatures, especially in melee, the toon's survivability has plummeted.
How much time is left on the cooldown when you try to rehide? I've heard people say that HiPSers are now not worth meleeing with (which isn't really a design goal), so we might have overshot the mark on the cooldown.

Rowsdower
Noob

Post by Rowsdower »

About 3 to 4 seconds.

Ogami
Pk Bait

Post by Ogami »

Rowsdower wrote:As a casual player I rarely pvp, and do not have access to higher end gear. The cool-down period has pretty much made my HiPS toons useless when facing anything more than a single non-caster creature.

I believe I played with you these days, were you the level 24 monk sd in Icy Crypts?

These changes, (I'm not sure many people were screaming in despair for hips and stun) are made to not affect every hipser, in particular they don't affect at all rogue sd effectiveness. Which is mainly dealing two sneaks every round, at least this is the most popular use.

Basically if you build a rogue you wont feel the nerf, and you will less likely be stunned now.

I played a rogue sd today in a planar area, didn't notice any difference. All you have to do is get used to waiting your round.
>>>>>>>>Horsemen of Neversummer<<<<<<<<
Seung Mina ~HNs~ !KOS-MOS ! Zantetsuken ~HNs~
Masters of Tunarath
Stunfist&Hips Era
DING 100 lvl 40 TOONS ON FEB 2017!!!

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Rowsdower wrote:About 3 to 4 seconds.
Hrmm, if I'm parsing this right, would a 4 second cooldown line up with the way you're using it? If not, can you describe how the cooldown is interacting with the way you're playing hips?

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

As per changelog, timer's been reduced to 4s. There's also an outstanding clunky thing where trying (but failing) to stealth in combat (i.e. when attacking) will trigger the timer. I'll try a few things to minimize the clunk of that issue.

Other than that, how's it (and stun) feeling for everyone?

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Dev changes now live.

Not super exciting ones, but ones you guys can play with now and see how they feel - if they end up feeling mediocre, we can look to tweak them.

Midterm
Pk Bait

Post by Midterm »

Impressive; you've done what most obstinate devs on nwn 1 would keep repeating - that dev crit is impossible to mod

I might have to come back and roll a new character for the heck of it to try it out.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Midterm wrote:Impressive; you've done what most obstinate devs on nwn 1 would keep repeating - that dev crit is impossible to mod

I might have to come back and roll a new character for the heck of it to try it out.
Full credit to acaos and the rest of the nwnx team who made nwnx_weapons possible.

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

This stuff is truly amazing for sure!

With this new access to weapon/feats could some things done with monk fist, and ranged weapons also and other things:

1.Give dwarfs access to dwarven waraxe and maybe warhammer etc.. to help balance out elf getting rapier/lsword/etc.. racially.
2.Make ranged weapon use cause splash back damage from damage shields
3."fix" or normalize ranged weapons so that they all are dex-based for AB
4."fix" or normalize monk fists ab
5.allow half-ogre to have monkey grip (2, 2handed weapons)
6.allow smaller races to use a shield with quarterstaff
7.allow off-hand m-star and lt.flail (think: nunchuks!)

etc... lots of random things could be possible....and increase fun levels! :D
ImageImage

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

> 1.Give dwarfs access to dwarven waraxe and maybe warhammer etc.. to help balance out elf getting rapier/lsword/etc.. racially.
Client-side issues here.

> Make ranged weapon use cause splash back damage from damage shields.
I get it, you like DWDs :)

> "fix" or normalize ranged weapons so that they all are dex-based for AB
They are?

> "fix" or normalize monk fists ab
What's broken with it?

> allow half-ogre to have monkey grip (2, 2handed weapons)
I do always like this, but losing access to 2h weapons on hogres is sad.

> allow smaller races to use a shield with quarterstaff
This one could be done without weapons I think

> allow off-hand m-star and lt.flail (think: nunchuks!)
client-side animation issues afaik

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Fist ab doesn't have as many display problems as creature weapons but there's still some bugs. Think it calculates correctly when you swing.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”