Small things to minorly change or fix (spring/summer 2016)

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Small things to minorly change or fix (spring/summer 2016)

Post by Lokey »

No promises but might be able to find a little time in the next few months.

Big things like the proposed armor or casting change is a no go or things that'd require a lot of testing. Minor changes or clarifications on things that seemed wonky are fine.

It's not always clear what could be a big job or not, so just list some things you'd like. Oh, what factions have which classes is a bit non-trivial :)

Stuff to do
- Make NC and AO sight tokens work the same (either UV yes or no).
- Add Unique function to generation of crafted items. Add note to conversation, possibly exclude wands.

Rewards TBD
- Barg
- Midterm
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Bargeld
PKer

Re: Small things to minorly change or fix (spring/summer 201

Post by Bargeld »

NC and AO True Sight tokens should only provide true sight, not UV. Also, should not stack with TS spell for additional spot.
AO token +3/+3/+3 is still ridiculously OP. I know of at least 1 dedicated, quality player that quit playing because of it.
Additional chances for unique drops would be great.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Don't think NC gives UV, goes through the wrong spell. It's a big cumbersome script but guess I can easily find that.

Darkness is something I don't want to be an auto-win, and in PnP it's just a large area concealment against range spell. Plus there's NS3 AI being utterly baffled by it pain still :)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Midterm
Pk Bait

Post by Midterm »

Just out of curiosity, can crafted equipment ever be unique? Never seen it happen, although I heard it's possible. Would be nice to do something with my 1.5 mil xp.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Could always be unique, that might be interesting. Only a one line script change there. Worth trying.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

quick and easy thing that I have always wanted: Rangers and Paladins get full caster levels vs dispel.

It has always been a big pet peeve that you can devote yourself to those classes only to have your all of your buffs instantly dispelled by every caster. Even pure level 40 rangers and paladins have a 75% chance of being dispelled by a typical dispel. The buffs on those classes aren't even that good, and full casting classes are already the best classes on the server in PvP.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

Here's my ongoing list; some of these should be really easy, others totally complicated and potentially debatable, but I haven't programmed in 10 years so I'll just leave this here:

RK:
-Allow resting in the Magic Shop PLEASE!
-Move 2 job NPCs out of the Relic Room!
-Make RK relic/nexus room larger and without so many pillars & doorways like how all the other relic rooms have been fixed (ie: for dragons, RK can have dragons too)+(I could make the map if you wish)
-Keen sense, +CHA dorf race?? MEGA-PLEASE!?

Combat:
-Lower the duration of fear... lasts far too long, sepecially when the source is a long lasting aura
-Disarm - when NPCs disarm PCs weapon should 100% go into PC's inventory, so they don't get stuck in the world, unretrievable (I personally would like this universally to prevent griefing)

Crafting:
-I like the {Unique} idea, 100% would be crazy I love it - and the forge could reset it to normal, if desired.
-I would still LOVE to see if there's a simple way to have a crafter (NPC?) or Anvil of some kind that allows you to place a crafted item in with trap components x10? to infuse the associated component into the item, there has to be some way of doing it similar to the Forge in Ave.

Items:
-double-ended weapons could use +1 eb since they lose 2 ab over a non-double weapon
-medium armors could use a +1 ac, many of them are 2 or 3 ac lower than heavy, though they do have interesting benefits in the high level armors.
-Balladeer Plate has 15% arcane fail and only a couple of bard slots why must the gods torment us so?!

Books:
-Book trader NPC (or shrine?) that lets you trade 3 +2 books of one 'color'* into 1 +4 book of the same color* but random
(*color: DEX/CON/STR (grey) or CHA/WIS/INT (orange)) and/or the Book trader accepts 3, lvl35-40 boss loot for a random book?
-Increase the drop rate of books maybe if the PC is close to the CR level? (to lessen lowbie area lvl40 book farming)

Spells:
-Spike Growth - extend the duration, making it self-only is fine at the same time, 5 rounds and not extendable is....pretty sad
-don't allow lower spells/potions to remove curse song, only remove curse or greater resto (might help increase pvp bards..they seem to be quite scarce)
-allow war cry to be cast with 0 spell fail as it should and used to, you don't need arms to yell (other than curling your hands around your mouth...shut up!)
-allow blindness/deafness to be cast on a friendly (self too?) but only gives deafness (ie: protection vs. curse song and wail but at the same time won't benefit from listen or bardsong)

AO:
-the +3/+3/+3 is NOT OP at all considering how short the duration is, also for some classes the +3 ab isn't even useful. If someone left the server because of it? boo-hoo.
ImageImage

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Shops is a simple area check and db edit. Would be nice if people could check them all (short post like Melencia: trader ok, oak tree not, etc...) before I bother. They have weird names/tags and aren't as easily findable as I'd like.

Some big balance things there (races, classes, items). Will say I raid RK with dragon ok, tricky to fit through some spots but possible.

Spell targeting is weird, client and server need to match for the most part or either crashes. It's annoying and a big job to troubleshoot. Bril's proud of what he did with fear, it can stay around for a while (my version had other problems).

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Keep in mind that some of the skill bonuses on items get ridiculously extremely quickly with unique crafted items.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

So I guess just armor (chest piece) and weaps (prob not ammo because it might change when stacked). Any other item types?

Midterm
Pk Bait

Post by Midterm »

Lokey wrote:So I guess just armor (chest piece) and weaps (prob not ammo because it might change when stacked). Any other item types?
Weaponized Gloves (monks) could probably use a boost, seeing as they are already handicapped by a lack of shields, and lack the dual-wielding that a kama monk might use. (Dual) kama monks are already quite deadly with the right build. Might see a resurgence of CoT stunners, but I'm not worried :)

I would also argue shields as well.

Ammo is dangerous because you can merge non-unique stacks with unique stacks, and also there is no time limit on Epic Ammo crafting. At least Epic Crafting for weapons is gated by time.

Interesting thought: what about putting unique crafting stations near a plane boss? It would feel awesome to make an epic journey to Celestia/Tuna/Abyss so you can make your super weapon, and would prevent people from simply churning out a new unique every day.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

I like the idea of putting them near planar bosses. You'd have a few power levelers camping out near bosses just to farm them if it is a boss that can be soloed or dual log killed though. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you put an extra long crafting timer on them. I do like the idea of being able to get a decent item every once in a while without needing to go through the agonizing process of farming mobs for hours just to get the drop you want.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

More about crafting:

ammo: can we bump the stack of 99 to the stack of 500 for all ammo plz? is that an easy fix?

crafted weapons: can we increase the alt damage that the crafted weapons do please? ie: the lvl 20,25 and 30 weapons with alt.damage just stays at 1d6 all the way up, and no elemental damage. and +7's would be nice too, but the random thing could be more interesting, hard to say.

Epic+ mega crafts: you could bump the XP up to 1 mil or 500k or something, as well as an epic time delay (~4 weeks?) that would also limit it, if they really will be THAT UBER.

RK forge: what about Moradin's forge? Why must the gods tease us? There's an unusable magical forge with promises of great quality crafts! :D

ImageImage

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

I actually looked at a bit. The unique function will add skills onto armors, so hmm. A robe with H or MS might be too much (allow ignoring an epic skill feat), which is more than you can find in the wild at least with any good ac and soak.

Leaves NC and AO tokens and whether anything should be done to fix those in play. I'm pretty busy near future, less down time than I thought I'd have.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Ok, ran out of summer, so an update. Currently outlook is not rosy for at least a few weeks beyond the 30 seconds it takes to get snow in avendell when appropriate.

Probably best to see what mining's future and interest are still like first. Then where hosting for the near future will be because there are a few nwnx things that should be happening to smooth out performance that somehow aren't compatible with the server configuration and is probably a good time use (since it'll provide easy to add neat things).

There's probably always a time where I'll be willing to throw a few hours at things, just won't have that in the near future. Maybe we'll think of some way to easily tackle the too big jobs too.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”