My sugestions to make NS4 even more awesome!

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Aurin the Masterful
Noob

My sugestions to make NS4 even more awesome!

Post by Aurin the Masterful »

Ok that's a little dramatic but. I have a few Ideas for better gameplay. Some are selfish I must admit. But First I would like to give a shout out to everyone who made NS4 An already great Game "WOOOT!".

I just returned after around 4 years of being AWOL. :) I actually didn't think ns4 was still around and to my surprise and pleasure it was. So yes I'm addicted again. Ok off topic sry.

I don't know how much time the devs got for ns4 but I would like you to consider some changes. And sorry if i necro some topics. Can you Change the Throwing Axe crit to 20x3 or 19-20 x2 as it sits 20 x 2 sucks. and the crafted Axes are too costly for the worth imo. One more thing is you don't need mighty on the axes it is useless. One more thing it would be nice if the drop rate for the axes where the same as arrows in the areas that use them. if anything this wouldn't break the game but give more options for players to build.

The Second item i would like to see modified is UMD scrolls Well really mord scroll use. I don't want to take away the use of mords but instead have players build for it something along the lines of. (1-10 umd can cast 1-3 lvl spells 50-100% of the time) (11-20umd/ 4-6 spell lvl/50-100%) (21-35umd/ 7-8 50-100%of the time) and ( 36-50/ lvl 9 spells 50-100% of the time) ok the math isn't set in stone but i think you should have rings or feats plus end build for it to no fail mords scrolls. This will even hurt my toon that only put 23 or less umd to no fail. The reasoning is you can have a stack of scrolls to debuff other players.

I don't know if you have time or are even able/wanting to make these change but its my two cents. And doesn't change the fact that its still an amazing game 10 years plus. Congrates!

nagaguard
Pk Bait

Re: My sugestions to make NS4 even more awesome!

Post by nagaguard »

Aurin the Masterful wrote:Can you Change the Throwing Axe crit to 20x3 or 19-20 x2 as it sits 20 x 2 sucks. and the crafted Axes are too costly for the worth imo. One more thing is you don't need mighty on the axes it is useless. One more thing it would be nice if the drop rate for the axes where the same as arrows in the areas that use them. if anything this wouldn't break the game but give more options for players to build.
I'm a stickler for underused weapon types. I agree that throwing axes could see more use. Currently the most usable and abundant throwing axes are the Dorf ones, but they're only +5 (or +6). The problem with throwing axes is they use dex (or wis) modifier but they're heavy, so you gotta invest in str too. Not only that, you can't just buy or craft them easily. Ammunitions can be made or purchased easily. If you run out of ammunition, you go craft or buy more and you always get to keep your bow, xbow, or sling. What happens when you run out of the good throwing axes? You gotta buy the crappy +3 ones. Changing the crit range won't really bring about more use because of these other limitations. The throwing weapon needs various changes to make them combat usable. Right now they're just good for pulling mobs.
Aurin the Masterful wrote:The Second item i would like to see modified is UMD scrolls Well really mord scroll use. I don't want to take away the use of mords but instead have players build for it something along the lines of. (1-10 umd can cast 1-3 lvl spells 50-100% of the time) (11-20umd/ 4-6 spell lvl/50-100%) (21-35umd/ 7-8 50-100%of the time) and ( 36-50/ lvl 9 spells 50-100% of the time) ok the math isn't set in stone but i think you should have rings or feats plus end build for it to no fail mords scrolls. This will even hurt my toon that only put 23 or less umd to no fail. The reasoning is you can have a stack of scrolls to debuff other players.
I don't know about this. There isn't too much reason to make it harder to use scrolls. Using scrolls in combat is already a risky maneuver, as it plants you down for a full round while you stop to read off of it. I'd see your point if more than half the builds out there can easily incorporate a bard, rogue, or assassin. Being able to mord from scrolls isn't very overpowered. And most of the people I know who invest in UMD will tend to max it anyways, for class/alignment-restricted end-gear. I always max UMD whenever possible because you never know when you will need to use gear "Only Usable by: _______".

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”