really hope DMs stop give players random books

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Devillord
Noob

really hope DMs stop give players random books

Post by Devillord »

some players got too many books , but some players got zero.

it was really unfair to the players that cant join in the event.

someone maybe gets a +4book through full year hard farm,someone easy to gets many from all kinds of events.

is it really not a role play server? why do some DMs so like to give ppl gifts?
Jena healer(19/5/16),Jena fearless(6/8/26),Jena fearlson(27/6/7),Jet DPS(28/2/7),Jena Swift(12/28),Luna Croft(30/5/5),Good GAGA(35/5),Jena Thug(40),Air Seeker(22/13/5),Jet Mars(8/2/30),canary leecher(40),Ronia(9/5/26),Kala Rift(2/16/22)

Devillord
Noob

Re: really hope DMs stop give players random books

Post by Devillord »

*This Post Has Been Edited by: Staff*

someone has too many +4books
Jena healer(19/5/16),Jena fearless(6/8/26),Jena fearlson(27/6/7),Jet DPS(28/2/7),Jena Swift(12/28),Luna Croft(30/5/5),Good GAGA(35/5),Jena Thug(40),Air Seeker(22/13/5),Jet Mars(8/2/30),canary leecher(40),Ronia(9/5/26),Kala Rift(2/16/22)

nagaguard
Pk Bait

Post by nagaguard »

There is some merit in what you say in that, of late, the generosity of Pan and Hanseath have been pouring forth in abundance. Balor events, EPWs with duplicate bosses that have an anvil-able tome, etc. It is true that if you tend to miss these things, other players will progress much quicker than you in terms of wealth and toon progression. I know how that feels, seeing as how there have been times when I missed a couple of extended edition balor events where some people got 2 or 3 toons to 40. Did I feel jipped? You bet. Did I feel the that the DM should change what he's doing? Not at all.

I have always accepted the fact that DMs can be whimsical beings, giving you boons in one turn and dying you purple the next. This is their job; to spice up the world and impose their godly influence in accordance with DM rules, not to be confused with NS4 Commandments. In all their events they have shown no major bias toward a single player or faction. They always make sure to offer equal opportunity for most of those ONLINE at the time they execute their plans. This is an unavoidable truth for every online game. If you're online more often and participate more often, you're exposed to opportunity more often. What about people that can't make it to EPWs (where many times a DM book can be found)? Unfortunately, no schedule will accommodate everyone. We just have a schedule that that was democratically voted to fit most, therefore it is as fair as it gets.

On the subject of book farming; books were never meant to be farmed. Those who choose to farm know full well the odds. I've had some of the old timers in my parties lament at how they farmed for weeks on ogre mountain and got nothing, comparing it to the times they could find multiple books in a day. Yet, they accept how sporadic it can be and don't dwell on how much other players may be hoarding. I choose not to farm books because I like doing other things, like building toons is plenty fun for me. I score a book here and there on my way to 40 and I occasionally do receive a DM book when lucky. I make it to most EPWs and get shots at rolling for DM books among the loot piles as well. Needless to say, I am fine with the way things are.

Your complaint is just one, but enough of them together may sway the deities. One day the DM books may stop flowing for one reason or another. Until then, do not be discouraged at the disparate distribution of books. It's just a fluctuation. You may find that one day you'll be on the benefiting end of some other DM shenanigans and you will not want them to stop.

Devillord
Noob

Post by Devillord »

nagaguard wrote:There is some merit in what you say in that, of late, the generosity of Pan and Hanseath have been pouring forth in abundance. Balor events, EPWs with duplicate bosses that have an anvil-able tome, etc. It is true that if you tend to miss these things, other players will progress much quicker than you in terms of wealth and toon progression. I know how that feels, seeing as how there have been times when I missed a couple of extended edition balor events where some people got 2 or 3 toons to 40. Did I feel jipped? You bet. Did I feel the that the DM should change what he's doing? Not at all.

I have always accepted the fact that DMs can be whimsical beings, giving you boons in one turn and dying you purple the next. This is their job; to spice up the world and impose their godly influence in accordance with DM rules, not to be confused with NS4 Commandments. In all their events they have shown no major bias toward a single player or faction. They always make sure to offer equal opportunity for most of those ONLINE at the time they execute their plans. This is an unavoidable truth for every online game. If you're online more often and participate more often, you're exposed to opportunity more often. What about people that can't make it to EPWs (where many times a DM book can be found)? Unfortunately, no schedule will accommodate everyone. We just have a schedule that that was democratically voted to fit most, therefore it is as fair as it gets.

On the subject of book farming; books were never meant to be farmed. Those who choose to farm know full well the odds. I've had some of the old timers in my parties lament at how they farmed for weeks on ogre mountain and got nothing, comparing it to the times they could find multiple books in a day. Yet, they accept how sporadic it can be and don't dwell on how much other players may be hoarding. I choose not to farm books because I like doing other things, like building toons is plenty fun for me. I score a book here and there on my way to 40 and I occasionally do receive a DM book when lucky. I make it to most EPWs and get shots at rolling for DM books among the loot piles as well. Needless to say, I am fine with the way things are.

Your complaint is just one, but enough of them together may sway the deities. One day the DM books may stop flowing for one reason or another. Until then, do not be discouraged at the disparate distribution of books. It's just a fluctuation. You may find that one day you'll be on the benefiting end of some other DM shenanigans and you will not want them to stop.
what we need in the server? rules and fair!

now few ppl obey them and too many bug toons bug gears , who make it happen? me or other players? nono

there are some players that stay here too long time , and they got all kinds of 'unique' gears that made by DMs as the event bonus, such as :hide in plain sign feat gear(a SL guy's fighter/assassin still hide in plain sign O.o) :shock: ,heavy armor feat blackSS, 8discpline blackSS,10hide Aoa belt etc. :?

and someone got too many +4books(average per toon used 2-6 +4books-----what the (&(*) ! what time the +4books drop rating same with +2 books?) :oops:

then i saw the worst thing today, a event that only 5 ppl joined ,we got 5 random books, average per player got 1......OMG please stop do it again!

when i told other player this thing, they told me it had happend on the last month too,but the players only got 4 random books in the event.......

final, i just want to say a words to all DMs:i think you dont know what should you do in the server, we dont need your balor xp event , dont need your special unique gears, even dont need your random books, we just need a fair environment. so please dont intervene ppl too much!

thanks for the server , but i have to say byebye , really dislike somethings that some DMs done.maybe will be back after the next wipe!

Tarias
Noob

Post by Tarias »

nagaguard wrote:There is some merit in what you say in that, of late, the generosity of Pan and Hanseath have been pouring forth in abundance. Balor events, EPWs with duplicate bosses that have an anvil-able tome, etc. It is true that if you tend to miss these things, other players will progress much quicker than you in terms of wealth and toon progression. I know how that feels, seeing as how there have been times when I missed a couple of extended edition balor events where some people got 2 or 3 toons to 40. Did I feel jipped? You bet. Did I feel the that the DM should change what he's doing? Not at all.

I partially agree;
I think DM's giving out books in events is fine, it's fun for everyone in the event. I also think that if books are given out in events, it's best to give one to everyone in the event. It can be frustrating to spend 2 or 3 hours playing in an event and having only 1 player get rewarded with a book for example. I think spreading more books helps newer players (like myself) catch up to some of the veterans who already have many toons, made using many books.

I do think books should be farmable more reliably though. As a european player I can basically never make EPW, since it starts at 2 pm my time, and since the large majority of the players are in the US I understand that a timezone that would be convenient for me isn't suitable. The result is that American players can reliable "farm" a book by showing up once a week for the EPW. On the other hand the best I can do is endlessly grind low level mobs hoping I don't kill myself after I find another inventory full of broken books. Aditionally I think both Hans and Pan are most active during the american prime time, making it even harder for EU (and probably also asian/australian) players.

I'm not sure what the best way to make books farmable would be, but perhaps it could involve broken books. Turn in x broken books to get a random +2, turn in 5x to get a random +4 or something like that. I imagine x should be somewhere around 10, so that you can basically farm a book in the duration of the EPW. There could be a restriction to one or two per week for example, but it would somewhat even the playing field.

Slightly off topic, but related to devillords other post; If there is indeed an item granting HiPS, I think that should just be removed. If items like that are going to be in the game, you might as well go ahead and remove all the build restrictions. It completely breakes the balance in game. In general I think the way Unique items are done in neversummer is horrible and all unique items should be removed imo.

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

If you don't mind me asking, are those screenshots of your own toons?

Devillord
Noob

Post by Devillord »

Frendel wrote:If you don't mind me asking, are those screenshots of your own toons?
of course not my toons, :P if i got so many books, the first thing that i should do is shut up. :roll:

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

So you're saying that you logged into other people's accounts, rifled through their character sheets, and then posted screenshots of them on the forums for everyone to see?

Devillord
Noob

Post by Devillord »

Frendel wrote:So you're saying that you logged into other people's accounts, rifled through their character sheets, and then posted screenshots of them on the forums for everyone to see?
yes as you said, i did it . at least i did not published any personal information except for you know who was this guy! wasn't it?

one day i saw someone's pk information, i just wanted to spied his toons, but when i saw his toons, i really felt amaze.....so many +4books used by these toons.is that guy a DM? it is my first thought.but i never saw any DMs so often played games and raided relics,i had to trust in he gets the +4books by trading or by farming.......

i thought most of ppl that stayed here 2~3 years maybe only got 1~2+4books.the players were from the wide world,even some ppl were hard to met any events when they were playing game.for example per wednesday EPW,it was 9:00 AM here, i had to went to work at that time. guess many ppl were facing the same problems.
and the events were also same with the EPW, whatever only part of ppl enjoyed the fun and bonus. when this gap widened,it was time to left,none always liked to acted a loser.

and i thought many ppl even didnt knew the really informaton about special 'unique' gears,guess none wanted to uploaded the pictures.some of these special 'unique' gears had exceeded the original level of most of unique gears. like hit on MDK weapons ...... and some get extra feats gears ......what is the balance? or it is just a joke?
Last edited by Devillord on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Devillord
Noob

Post by Devillord »

Frendel wrote:So you're saying that you logged into other people's accounts, rifled through their character sheets, and then posted screenshots of them on the forums for everyone to see?

BTW: stop your language trap, i just want more ppl know the current situation and somethings.plaeas keep silence ok? :mrgreen:

Nocturne
Noob

Post by Nocturne »

You log into other peoples toons, screen shot their character sheets, post them, and have the gall to complain about the DMs?!?!

If you're not banned yet, you sure as hell should be!
::MADD:: Nocturne - ::MADD:: Mouth for War - ::MADD:: Mauler - ::MADD:: Tegus - Mozzie the ::MADD:: - Oshosi the ::MADD:: - ::MADD:: Hellion - ::MADD:: MONSTER - ::MADD:: Maelstom- ::MADD:: Ah Pach - ::MADD:: Clown

nagaguard
Pk Bait

Post by nagaguard »

Logging in with someone else's account, even if its only to the toon selection screen, is not taken very lightly by the devs or DMs, however well intentioned you may have been. Though the cdkey lock is active by default, accessing even the toon selection screen gives you full access to the build of the toon you're spying on. This level of spying is downright inappropriate and incredibly unfair, usually punishable by temp-ban or even perma-ban.

Judging from your reaction, you may have thought it was harmless to investigate some of your hypotheses, but just know that accessing someone's character selection screen is a huge violation of trust between the players here. This is not some mainstream MMO where players do whatever they want without regard for other players. We have been operating here for years based on mutual understanding that we will not touch anything that doesn't belong to us. Yes, it is very tempting to peek at other accounts. I'd love to see what wondrous builds can be found in Bargeld's or JP's accounts. But my respect for them is very great and I cannot bring myself to peek. I must find out by clashing with them. Trying to figure out how many books are spent in one account is no exception. You must figure it out by observing them in-game.

Devillord
Noob

Post by Devillord »

gall to complain about the DMs?!?!

:lol: Keep your hypocritical face!

why does someone puts on a pair of activists attitude? show for whom? or just a pack of liars? :evil:

i dont think the players that reply this title dont know this spy method ,and i have no intention to plead with you if you use it also etc.

i have decided left the server, ban or not,i just do not care. so don't be so childish,say these words without thinking.

where there is injustice there is struggle ,which is obviously things.you have no right to make carping comments on these vested interest.

ok,it is time to end the slobber war.i just think DMs do too many things for players, perhaps this is the typical do more wrong more.

the players that still love this game just need a fair environment,please never give them too many gifts , beside you intend to develop their inert.

thats all i want to say, bye bye all, you like or dislike both not what i care.

BTW, NOT REPLY AGAIN.
Last edited by Devillord on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devillord
Noob

Post by Devillord »

Nocturne wrote:You log into other peoples toons, screen shot their character sheets, post them, and have the gall to complain about the DMs?!?!

Guy, What makes you so excited? I stepped on your tail it? If it is, oh really sorry for it :lol:

You should be concerned about is the problem that i say but not the spy method. :?:

Oh,I have no intention to move your cheese . If somethings changed , Please forgive me.
Last edited by Devillord on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devillord
Noob

Post by Devillord »

nagaguard wrote: Judging from your reaction, you may have thought it was harmless to investigate some of your hypotheses, but just know that accessing someone's character selection screen is a huge violation of trust between the players here.
i know it , but i just need some direct evidence to prove that I am not nonsense,so i have to do it :cry:

but i just dont want to lie,i hate those fake people.

okay dont need the DMs punish me for my negligence,i will delete this game incloud the cd-key.

really farewell then.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”