What you players think?

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
DeputyDog
Addict

Re: What you players think?

Post by DeputyDog »

Amoenotep wrote:wipe the server......WIPE IT ALL!!!!!!

Actually that's my answer. He just carries the torch.

Glory days... ahh. I'd give antyhing to get a few good coders to help convert this thing to Unity or something we could carry on for another 10 years. Pipe dreams..

Maybe I'll light some fires under some butts and we can try some new stuff to get people back..
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

DM ~Etho~
Drinking and DMing

Post by DM ~Etho~ »

Maybe "Shards" will offer us something.

http://shardsonline.com/presskit/
Hanseath ~The Bearded One~
Dwarven god of War, Carousing, and Alcohol
=====================================

TheEdge
Dungeon Master

Post by TheEdge »

I have been spending my time a lot recently as one of the leaders of a huge international gaming community www.ethixgaming.com

the reason I bring this up is I can certainly try and work together with the community and leadership here to try and bring back a playerbase as well as work together to make some new oportunities for NS4.

just a thought. Hit me up here (I will try and check often) or feel free to hop on our TeamSpeak ts.ethixgaming.com. I go by the Handle Gorm over there lol
Gorm-Fire Eyes

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

TheEdge wrote:I go by the Handle Gorm over there lol
wait wait wait..they call you Handle Gorm? like gorm with a handle?...like..they need to carry you alot?

also..anyone else notice DD started coming back when i disappeared?
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

TheEdge
Dungeon Master

Post by TheEdge »

lol I go by the handle "Gorm" not the "handle gorm" lol
Gorm-Fire Eyes

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

as junky/buggy and hard-coded as aurora/nwn is, NS4 has stood the test of time and it's still one of the most challenging mini-mmos out there.

What about register a non-profit co, and open up a Patreon account for donations and give in-game rewards to donators, and use the money to actually pay devs to work on ns4? Bioware/Atari have seemed to fully washed their hands of the old nwn so likely won't be any legal issues now?

Stunning fist still needs work to balance, crafting needs a big overhaul - ie: incorporate trap mats into it somehow to give elemental bonuses, and still hoping for more race chocies in RK like a CHArismatic, ecl3 dorf race (hint hint)
ImageImage

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Even beer money introduces endless headaches. In game anything for money is always going to chap someone's something too. Remember, if there's even a hint of money, no IP is ever too old to be forgotten, especially with the parent companies that currently own things NWN :)

It's tougher because we have a good handle on the easy changes or the easy to add desirable things. Hard to think of anything that isn't a decently big job now, let alone hitting problems that Bril, mining and I don't have an explanation for (I've been over it 10x and simulated millions of times...how can that be happening things).

I've lost track of whose credit card gets dinged when we run through the credit on digital ocean...hope it's Tep's.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

Here's something along the lines of Neversummer 5 ... how about the about to be relased....

Sword Coast Legends? https://swordcoast.com/

It really looks like what NWN2 should have been, it's a lot more like nwn1 than nwn2 was, ie; the world building is much closer to nwn1, and the animations, models, art, everything is approaching next-gen but looks toned down and styled in a way not going for hyperrealistic but it has a really cool DM mode and there is a lot of talk on people planning on creating persistent worlds already and the game isn't even out yet.

The limitations may be they appear to only have 6 classes, but it seems like everything can be changed and modified to your liking so that may not be too bad, also a new 'NS5' could be built with pvp balance first and just let pve be as it happens to turn out and tune that etc..

Food for thought anyhow.
ImageImage

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

They mention 4 players max in the vid. Probably more like Neverwinter than NWN.

NWN2 has a lot going for it, it's just the rendering engine that killed it (Skywing said the delays on the player side could be fixed, but we can't even get people to patch nwn1 so they stop crashing so that's pretty much a non-starter). Sad that there wasn't a lot interesting going on dev-wise for it (well mostly the cc side was figuring out weird file formats and convincing Obsidian to open things up--which they did but they would always hit the great milestones too long after big releases to get people interested), it's soooo much better than nwn for making your own game.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Ahh for more time to be able to dev up fun new worlds... Also for a programming language that isn't NWScript.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

LinuxPup wrote:Ahh for more time to be able to dev up fun new worlds... Also for a programming language that isn't NWScript.
Time would be pretty nice.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”