PVM and Disarm effects

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
King Fatzo
Noob

PVM and Disarm effects

Post by King Fatzo »

I attempted to contact a DM to attempt to resolve this issue on-the-spot, however none were online. this occured at approximately 12:45AM eastern time.

I was very saddened (actually extremely aggravated to be blunt) earlier this evening, when I lost a 'glimmer' kama to the plane of water.... I was in the process of recovering fallen party members, and entered a different part of the zone, killed a mob or two in order to rest.... and within that time i lost my kama.... (i was probably disarmed since it was a level 33 toon with nowhere near max disc yet) ; but I didn't see it drop / didn't occur to me to check my inventory to be sure it was there like i was doing for the rest of the night during regular killing....

long story short I am out a kama....

yes yes before you say shut up and go farm another one ; it comes down to the principle of the matter...

IF this was a PVP encounter and i lost a fine weapon such as this , SHAME ON ME ....

however this was a PVM encounter; I feel that after all these years, a PVM disarm should default "Drop" to a players inventory 100% of the time , to avoid such misfortune. If i recall at one time it was this way..... a long while ago if i am not mistaken , but now....blah.

I know some can argue a realistic point of this concept , that a 'disarm' means you DROP your weapon on the ground...not DROP it in your backpack somehow...lol... however on that same coin, if that was the case , than the weapon should drop as a physical weapon , not a generic loot bag that looks like all the rest.... that way it would stand out among the rubble.

/end rant

if anyone has one to spare / one for sale, please PM me in game.

Thank you.
Fatzo
NS4: .:†LB:. (Hand) / =kSt= / [PWND] (2005-Present)
WOW: Sublime Guild (Officer) , Lightninghoof Server (2006-Present)
p\/\//\/ed! SPAM!

northstar_08
Pk Bait

Re: PVM and Disarm effects

Post by northstar_08 »

I empathize for sure

I lost my voidmind blade due to a party wipe.

I did not even realize I had been disarmed until after everyone respawned and my blade was not in my inventory.

I just went and farmed another one but it was aggravating.

I am sure I have an extra glimmer blade I can give u. I will look for u online

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

No one likes to lose things, on that all can agree.

As for putting a 'safety net' on PvM encounters, with that I do not agree. There are two easy access zones now just for zero risk interaction, Avendale and Frostdale. :lol:

Making wpns drop as they are now, instead of into loot bag, I have no objection to that.
If I were to guess, its is the way it is now because of the script to prevent a toon from requiping a disarmed wpn without leaving combat and resting.

Lesson here for Prince Portly :) Be aware of where your going, and your toons weaknesses, plan accordianly. Grab an IA kama and quick slot it for danger zones.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

your anecdote made me laugh
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

King Fatzo
Noob

Post by King Fatzo »

hehe aye ,

...and cut back on the dwarven ale I should!

luckily I got another one from a fellow player :D
Fatzo
NS4: .:†LB:. (Hand) / =kSt= / [PWND] (2005-Present)
WOW: Sublime Guild (Officer) , Lightninghoof Server (2006-Present)
p\/\//\/ed! SPAM!

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”