Illithid Colony Drop improvements

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
northstar_08
Pk Bait

Illithid Colony Drop improvements

Post by northstar_08 »

I am wondering if a few more items could be added to the Illithid Colony creatures drops

I believe (if you ignore the 2 bosses), the only drops in all of the illithid colony are the voidmind lance and voidmind shortsword.

The Illithids, Elder Illithids, Brain Golems, rust monster thingy (can't remember it's name right now), do not drop anything at all. I am sure there are more creatures here but I cannot remember their names

Even one of the bosses (Sangev i think) only drops a ring which really is not all that great (although my magic users still wear it).

Anyway, just an idea if this is not too dificult to implement

Thanks as always

NS

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Illithid Colony Drop improvements

Post by Lokey »

Implementation is easy, deciding what to drop is hard. It's either X with a different serial number, worthless or omigod everyone has to wear this and all of those are bad :)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

northstar_08
Pk Bait

Post by northstar_08 »

Would +6 Bludg or piercing robes be overpowered?

if not, maybe the illthids and elder illthids could drop 1 of each

Anyway, would be cool, if they dropped something else but I understand the difficulty of making a decent item but not overpowered

Thanks

NS

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

The gith area drops are pretty well designed. The helm and plate are kinda wimpy imo, but others seem to really want them, and I can see uses for them. Better than IA, but not too fancy. The uber-boss stuff and even the gith large shield is awesome stuff, but like all other really fancy gear, you need a massive group, like EPW, and even then, there are only a few of each floating around the entire server.

That greatsword is still over the top though. You used to be able to run around in pierce core and swap shields for full coverage, which often led to strategic 1v1 and group PvP. Now that greatsword comes along and screws it all up. Yes, of course i have a gsword WM for it now, but that's beside the point. :twisted:

Illithids, meh. Make the gear squishy yet satisfying. + to will and mind effect, but low on DR, or maybe some fort reductions.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

The greatsword is meant to screw it all up ;). Full coverage is ridiculously effective at making low AC builds really really tanky.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

mining wrote:The greatsword is meant to screw it all up ;). Full coverage is ridiculously effective at making low AC builds really really tanky.
Agreed.

It also helps to reduce the disparity of combat between the old farts (years on server) and the new blood noobs (a resource we cant fail to exploit).
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”