Kamas

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
vidar999
Noob

Kamas

Post by vidar999 »

I have recently made a monk/assassin toon and reached lvl 30, but the only lvl 30+ kama i know of (besides ia) is the glimmer one, which is a light source and therefore not suitable for a sneak. It seems that every other weapon i've used has at least one +7 and multiple +6 varieties available, but the kama does not. It would be great if the devs were able to add a +7 (or at least a +6 w/ elly dmg that is not a light source) kama that drops in one of the higher-lvl planes (neg or shadow would be good choices, or maybe even add a monk-assassin type to the gobos, they seem to be in that vein).

And if I am simply ignorant and there is such a kama already available, could someone please indicate where it can be found!

Korr
PKer

Re: Kamas

Post by Korr »

The typical response to this is :

You already can get more attacks than any other character, especially while dual-wielding. Adding more high-end kamas to make a monk/sd even MORE playable is probably not in the cards.
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

Korr wrote:The typical response to this is :

You already can get more attacks than any other character, especially while dual-wielding. Adding more high-end kamas to make a monk/sd even MORE playable is probably not in the cards.
you forgot to mention that Tep hates us

,cept for Twig
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

weyn
Noob

Post by weyn »

You can use +5 kamas.

vidar999
Noob

Post by vidar999 »

I am currently alternating between an ia and the +5 one from HoD, so i am aware that i can use other kamas. My point was that it would be cool if a +6 kama suitable for a sneak build was available, not that I am unable to equip a weapon.

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

How about the HoD dragon kamas (Dragon's Tooth)? They were around as a DM drop at one time - I think they were +7, but I heard they had been changed to +6. Those were nice, not OP at +6, can those be made to drop? I'd like some for my rog/CoT, too.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

The other various drops from Draco that were best of kind are gone (along with some other stuff), Linux and I purged a lot of that stuff. Draco had a tooth (kama), sinew (whip), whatever the bow was and something else.

The power scale of weaps: kama > other finessable > other one hand > everything else needed more shaking up than it got.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”