Is the honeymoon over yet with the AO jobs?

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Frendel
Looking for group

Is the honeymoon over yet with the AO jobs?

Post by Frendel »

Ok, yeah AO went the longest without jobs and they deserved a nice dose of makeup loving from the DEVs but, could we really think rationally about this now? +3 AB, AC, Reflex, Will, and Fortitude saves is grossly overpowered in many opinions, not just mine. It basically allows them to make mediocre builds, and jazz them up to being valid killers with what is the biggest crutch to builds that I've ever seen on this server. 9 save points and a combined 6 point bonus swing in attack vs ac is inexcusable when compared with all faction jobs, not just SL's. Making DC casters on this server is for the most part dumb, and we're already talking about nerfing stunning fist in some Frankensteinish 7 point "alteration" to every single toon, and mob out there. AO really deserves 10 points of help in this matter with their job tokens?

mgrjebbo
PKer

Re: Is the honeymoon over yet with the AO jobs?

Post by mgrjebbo »

Good to see that whining on the boards is still the go to way of getting a point across. Not all has changed!
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

Good to see every post made by a player have trolls. Cue up the "Really? really? really? really? really?" guy that's been trolling every other thread too. Add something if you want to post on a thread. If you're lonely and need to feel like people read what you write, maybe start something less stupid than pointless responses?

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Really for the real people sometimes complain for the about jobs but I ask people to have done the job with
their own hard labor and time and then maybe the will know that AO has done the time, perhaps it is time
for some well earned rhyming scheme and shoop boop a doop I can't keep this up for three paragraphs.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

could we really think rationally about this now? +3 AB, AC, Reflex, Will, and Fortitude saves is grossly overpowered in many opinions, not just mine.
it's fine... :lol: :lol: :lol:

make some AO toons and you'll see... :D

ays... :twisted:
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

Ok, yeah AO went the longest without jobs and they deserved a nice dose of makeup loving from the DEVs but, could we really think rationally about this now? +3 AB, AC, Reflex, Will, and Fortitude saves is grossly overpowered in many opinions, not just mine. It basically allows them to make mediocre builds, and jazz them up to being valid killers with what is the biggest crutch to builds that I've ever seen on this server. 9 save points and a combined 6 point bonus swing in attack vs ac is inexcusable when compared with all faction jobs, not just SL's. Making DC casters on this server is for the most part dumb, and we're already talking about nerfing stunning fist in some Frankensteinish 7 point "alteration" to every single toon, and mob out there. AO really deserves 10 points of help in this matter with their job tokens?
I have reread this thread for along time and still do not know the question as you have put it? Is AO overpowered and you are mocking them? Truly? Hmm, then must try to insult you from someone in which AO were valid killers with or without jobs, really?
9 save points and a combined 6 point bonus swing in attack vs ac is inexcusable when compared with all faction jobs
seriously you spout something in which you have no clue as to what a toon can do with or without jobs. Jobs are like a plus, like a dye to the armor, but all in all you don't really need the S%&t, if you are good, why bother, it is all eye candy. :wink:

Hyk
Noob

Post by Hyk »

Remove all job bonuses from all factions.

Problem solved.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Hyk wrote:Remove all job bonuses from all factions.

Problem solved.
I'm getting increasingly tempted to... They're not particularly linked to factional strength, and they don't make/break builds - but they're largely gamebreaking in at least one respect, lol.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

Someone gave you free range over everything here? Who are you? Is beginning to be a donk server?

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

donk server? That some new net lingo?

Mining has free reign. Since he does the work:)
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

^ whos that guy?
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Some noob.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Insolent poops! How dare you. Err... puppies, I meant puppies... argh! No, no, no more disarming linux... Yes, your bard reigns supreme... Now, give me my black blade back please. Hey! I have said what you wanted me to say.

Hm, Mask, if it was Auril, there would be a hellball catapult joke... But Mask? What has he done that ever enraged the player base? Hide in the shadows? Hey! No, I cannot use 20 broken books which each one weighs for 50 pounds and all are plot items which cannot be dropped... That's just mean! Yes, you can be as mean as Auril! Yes, I said it, now get these items off me, please... What? I have to wait till hell freezes over? Bloody hell!

There is no reasoning with certain powers ;).

And may you all slide effortlessly into the new year: In stupour and bliss!
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Iron Cat
Noob

Post by Iron Cat »

Do you ever stop whining?? Learn to build better toons instead of trying to drag people down to your level..

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

Clap......clap.......clap.......clap.....welcome to the several months old conversation there buddy. To be honest I haven't really posted much since this one, but to clarify my vocal stance on many issues here, I'll clue you in to part of my reasoning for doing so. By logical extension of mining's post here...
mining wrote:I think that factions are actually pretty balanced. Everyone complains about everyone else's builds with pretty much equal frequency.
Ditto that and relic cradles 8).
I should complain, and complain often if I think there's a problem. There's a saying that goes "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". It seems that at least 1 Dev agrees with that arrangement.

If you have issues with my points in my posts, then please address them. I welcome it. Discussing problems with the server is constructive, but trolling posts and flaming the boards is not.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”