Increased Critical Multiplier Survey

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here

What should be done about the recent increased multiplier to all weapons?

I love it. Build better and get over it.
22%
It should be changed back. I'd like to get something done next Wednesday night, and not have to totally rebuild my arsenal of toons just to get into PvP again.
78%
It's cool, but spells should be given a critical hit multiplier too, and then increase it by 1 to provide a little damage output balance.
No votes

Total votes: 18

Frendel
Looking for group

Increased Critical Multiplier Survey

Post by Frendel »

Everyone is familiar with the April Fool's adjustment to the critical multipliers on all weapons. I wanted to see how the server felt about it. For the past few Wednesday night planar runs it seems that we've mainly gotten disappointment (partially due to a few perfect bad-timing server resets), which I think is directly related to the increased damage we're trying to handle. Areas I've seen us work for gear in the past have been crushing us before we even get to the main bosses, causing us to lose out on a chance for rolls on gear, which then makes us ask the question: Will the Wednesday night planar run lose it's importance and simply fade away?

As far as PvP is concerned, it is a little easier to damage the Constitution based runners who run around regenerating their hit points until they manage to token someone to death or clear the temple enough to grab a relic and run, but on the flip side of this, it makes squishy toons that much more squishy when trying to fight. I doubt a critical multiplier will be added to spell casting besides Bigs 6, and I seriously doubt Bigbyers will enjoy an increase to the critical multiplier for that. Spell casters can run out of spells but a weapon can be swung all day with the increased critical multiplier (don't try to act like mage staffs are some kind of balance here, unless of course, you're delusional).

How do you feel? Maybe there's some redeeming value in the change, but I'm finding it very difficult to see the server moving forward in a good way with things being how they are.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: Increased Critical Multiplier Survey

Post by mining »

Its April Fools month to make up for all the ones we've missed :).

We hear what you're saying, though - its getting changed back quite soon.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

I had a wiz/dwd with the focuses to max out black staff!
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

Option 4, increase only applies to toon weilded weapons, and add improved crit unarmed to affect ranged touch attacks.

That make the dirty arcanist out there happy too?

Ohh btw, the feat also benifits shifter ranged touch attacks. :evil:
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

cross0001
Noob

Post by cross0001 »

i only played pm/Elemental/construct these days because they are all imm CH.

most toons (even DWD)are too easy to be killed if enemy make 2 or 3 CH consecutively.

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

Thanks for the votes and replies everyone. Happy May Day!!!!!!!!!

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

It'll be reset when I get home tonight.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”