Event and Task Ideas from the community...

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Blystos Re
PKer

Re: Event and Task Ideas from the community...

Post by Blystos Re »

Ajantis. wrote:I always liked Mentarch's events that more or less were an onslaught of spawned creatures that the whole server needed to participate in to defeat them. But there was a story line attached to them and he did a good job roleplaying and creating a story to go along with it. Everyone pretty much got xp and perhaps some rewards to go along with it depending on the results of the battle. Albeit, this was before a lot of the epic planes were put in, but it was still fun to me because it was DM engineered, rather than a typical planar adventure, not to mention it allowed for some roleplay by players and a different strategy than usually applied in the planes.

Yeah. :(
Remember a while ago we got that whole "Oh noes, here comes Pr1mus again!!" thread, with all the pictures and a list of why we should all be wetting ourselves and checking for Primus under the bed at night? And we waited....

What happened? They all get sucked right out of Aetheria? I was kinda looking forward to that again. It was an epic that brought the whole server together against a common foe. Kinda cool, I thought. 8) I miss Metis. :cry:
frogofpeace wrote:And we like to think of the FoN guildhall as cozy - perfect for cuddling up in our snuggies with a hot toddy after a long day of smiting.

Thorac27
Noob

Post by Thorac27 »

What about a guild tournament?
3 or 4 players from each guild fight each other friend or foe same faction or not. Of course there would need to be a rule about people with toons in 2 or 3 guilds hehe.
Teams could be posted under a new thread set by a DM.
Fights are first decided by a DM who puts all the guild names in a hat and draws them.
Prize up to DM.
::DD:: - Lolth's Dark Maiden, RareBreed, PureFilth, Gromph, Bonfire, Napalm, Wraith
MA Toons - Gothmog

uFiS
Noob

Post by uFiS »

A tournament could be created where each player fights the same monster (but in different arenas) to see who kills it the fastest, or who survives the longest.

Each time it would be a different custom creature. One creature could have insane AC but a big vulnerability to fire, another could have high saves but low AC, another could have a huge amount of HP with low AC and a slow attack with huge damage. Or any other interesting combination the DMs (or anyone else can come up with). These creatures could be made to deliberately be vulnerable to specific classes (ex. high AC low saves). Players will not know what creature they will face before hand and all fights take place at the same time, on a special map(s) designed for this. These could also be level specific where one day you would not be able to enter with a toon over level 20.

One interesting monster I encountered in such a tournament (this one a 3 player team event) had a "layered" creature where when one died another spawned at that spot but with different characteristics (see SL job of capturing molemen souls).

We had some very interesting monsters with some of the DMs getting very creative.

One of the more interesting fights was against 2 monsters that was particularly hard to beat - until one guy, out of desperation, tried a charm monster scroll. Turns out these critters had a particular vulnerability for this spell and they turned on each other when one was charmed. They player just waited for them to beat each other up and then finished the one left standing.
Never fear moving forward slowly, fear only standing still.

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Once upon a time (right after teh planes went in), there was an event something like the suggestion above where the four elemental bosses spawned one after the other, and you had to make it through all of them to win. Somebody did, i think - can't remember who, it wasn't me :P

It was fun, though.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

I think that was me spawning bosses... don't forget Plane of Shadow boss... not really an element (I guess none of them are technically), but its somewhat considered one in NS4.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

frogofpeace wrote:Once upon a time (right after teh planes went in), there was an event something like the suggestion above where the four elemental bosses spawned one after the other, and you had to make it through all of them to win. Somebody did, i think - can't remember who, it wasn't me :P

It was fun, though.
I remember that. We went through the 4 planar bosses then it kept escalating. In the end I believe it was Radiant.

Over in the quest thread is my suggestion about a mega-boss.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

Know what'd be interesting?

The next time you put in a big nice new epic area, instead of spending all that time and energy trying to make sure it's balanced, leave in all the uber gear, but make it not only nasty, but expensive.

Call it Treasure Island or something, and either make it cost like a mil per ferry ticket to it, or maybe say 20 or 50 mil (or more if it's THAT damn good) to open a DE-style portal.

I'd love the idea of an ultimate area, one that takes a group of 10-20 people, but that gives great XP and gear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another idea I had was to add in another level of Jobs... jobs that everyone can do, out of like Ave, FD, or LA. Jobs that you cannot start till you're a certain level (say 20 for Ave jobs, 30 for FD jobs, and 40 for LA) They could be long and difficult, crazy tedious, or whatever, but at the end of the day reward tokens/prizes that everyone could enjoy.

(goes without saying that AO jobs should happen before these)
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

wildelf9
Noob

Post by wildelf9 »

What no roleplay?

weasel423
Newbie Helper

Post by weasel423 »

wildelf9 wrote:What no roleplay?
Ummmm... only if you want to... sometimes there are RP events
[IO] is the way to go!

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
~Dark Helmet

TheEdge
Dungeon Master

Post by TheEdge »

You want RP?? Ok here it is.

The Dwarves have risen up sick of being looked down on (yes I said looked down on :lol: ) And have taken over all of the land. Now they are concidered the Elite and have built up their Empire where all pay them homage and those dirty Drow act as slaves to the great and powerfull dwarves. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gorm-Fire Eyes

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

TheEdge wrote:You want RP?? Ok here it is.

The Dwarves have risen up sick of being looked down on (yes I said looked down on :lol: ) And have taken over all of the land. Now they are concidered the Elite and have built up their Empire where all pay them homage and those dirty Drow act as slaves to the great and powerfull dwarves. :lol: :lol: :lol:

*then the lil dwarf wakes up to a soiled straw matresses, damp with his own fluid*
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Drow slave to dwarves? :roll: :lol:

Perhaps I need to put the "Stupid dwarf #randomnumber" back in :wink:
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Ghostly
Dungeon Master

Post by Ghostly »

LinuxPup wrote:Perhaps I need to put the "Stupid dwarf #randomnumber" back in
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Brandobaris, The Irrepressible Scamp

if i didn't do it... someone else would have...

rodgrodgrodg
Noob

Event Suggestion: Saturday Leveled Team PvP

Post by rodgrodgrodg »

I think this would offer something both to people who want to do more leveling in parties (like me), and to people who want more PvP action:

Each week have a DM oversee Team PvP matches between 2 or 3 teams at a specific level.

The first Saturday it would be for level 5 toons and everyone could spend the week getting ready by leveling up new toons.
The second Saturday it would be for level 9 toons and people would spend the week leveling from 5 to 9.
The third Saturday it would be for level 13, and so on up to level 40 on the 9th Saturday.

Matches could be 4 on 4 on 4, 5 on 5, 6 on 6 on 6, or more depending on how many players had toons available and what factions they were in. There could also be teams across faction lines if people wanted to go that way. Players could sign up as a team for a given time slot and there'd also be lots of "pick-up" matches for people who didn't already have a set team. Hopefully everyone who wanted to participate could do so without having to wait long. While one match was going on, teams in the next match could get together to plan their strategies.

The DM would set the rules of combat in advance. I suggest allowing no use of potions, healing kits or any other type of consumable item. If a given item proved to be too powerful at a given level it could be banned as well. Some matches could allow time for buffing on opposite sides of a map, while other matches could involve the DM just dropping rested but unbuffed toons onto a small map together needing to react quickly and attack.

More specific ideas:
Best 3 out of 5 matches to the death. Each player on the winning team gets a prize.
Losers can try again in another match. Winning toons are done with the team matches until the next week. Players can prepare and use as many toons as they like during the week.
Prizes the first week would be unique level 5 items that the toons could then conveniently use as they leveled up to 9 over the next week.
Prizes the second week would be unique level 9 items, useful as they leveled to 13, and so on, all the way up to level 40 the 9th week.

This would be a way to get much of the server leveling together during the week, making it easier for players to find parties anytime they logged on. It would also create balanced PvP matches where skills and creativity were put to the test.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”