Elf Subraces

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Wolfarus
Newbie Helper

Elf Subraces

Post by Wolfarus »

All of the current elf subraces, with the exception of the drow, are pretty much the same thing. No real flavor. So here's one i thought up, and ill add to this post as i think up new ones.

Frost Elf
Favor'd class : Fighter
Alignment : Any lawfull
Str +2 / con +4 / dex, wis, int -2
ECL +2

"Hailing from an unknown area thats obviously wintery in nature, these unusual elves are unusually structured in their lives and practices, and dont have the grace, both mental and physical, that is typically assciated with elven kind. Instead, they seem to be stronger and much more hardy, as would be expected of a people who make their living among the ice and snow of the wild's. "

Winter's Bond. Any weapon used by the elf can be imubed with 1d4 cold damge,starting at lvl 10, increasing to 1d6 at lvl 20, 1d8 at lvl 30, ending with 1d10 at lvl 40. Duration is 10 rounds, +1 round / lvl

Cold resis of 10%, fire vuln 10%

Daltian
Relic Raider

Re: Elf Subraces

Post by Daltian »

Elf with +4 to con. Make it short and fat and call it a dwarf!
xXenox

Wolfarus
Newbie Helper

Post by Wolfarus »

When i said "something diff" i meant something DIFF :P Hence the "dwarf-ish" con score, and the decidedly unelven dex penalty, among the others

Shamed Monkey
Looking for group

Post by Shamed Monkey »

I don't get the point in this...Why choose this sub when you could go Earth Gen for the same stat buffs and no INT decrease? It's not like there's a faction that only gets elves...

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

Shamed Monkey wrote:I don't get the point in this...Why choose this sub when you could go Earth Gen for the same stat buffs and no INT decrease? It's not like there's a faction that only gets elves...
Keen senses?
xXenox

Shamed Monkey
Looking for group

Post by Shamed Monkey »

Well...The way I see it is that you basically have 3 options for a spotter...Shifter, Bard, or Zen Archer. Shifter is no, cause of the -2 to wisdom, Bard is an option, but dex based bards are usually always better than str based, and this is a -2 to dex race, and finally, Zen archer doesn't work because of the -2 to wisdom. So...yeah.

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

Shamed Monkey wrote:I don't get the point in this...Why choose this sub when you could go Earth Gen for the same stat buffs and no INT decrease? It's not like there's a faction that only gets elves...
But there is a faction that only gets dwarves and gnomes and not earth gen's.
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”